Password Protected Re-stocks & Waitlists

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Password Protected Re-stocks & Waitlists

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

Many of you may be aware that we are SOMETIMES restocking items and only allowing those who have been on the waitlist the longest to purchase them, by means of a password, similar to the way we sold the last couple of Grab Bag items. This has been working well to allow those who have been waiting years to buy an item when our waitlist for that item far exceeds the number of pieces we can make at one time to restock it!

The way it works is that we give the item password protection and hide it from public view (this is to reduce the confusion to the public of seeing something on our website that says “enter password”) and then we send out emails with instructions for ordering to the names on the wailist, beginning with the oldest and working our way down the list. Sometimes this takes quite a long time! It helps it to move faster if people who have decided against buying the item let me know quickly that they are not interested in it. I have been trying to figure out how to let you know that “yes, that item still exists, however its hidden right now because we are offering it to the oldest on the waitlist” – and I think that right here will be the place for me to put notices like that. I’ll put up a notice that says something like “starting August 23 we have hidden the Fuzzy in peacock color while we offer it to the oldest on the waitlist”

If you have received one of my emails informing you of a password protected restock and its confusing to you – please let me know! I keep refining the notices to try to make them more clear while we all learn to use this new tool. Passwords cannot be shared! Orders are processed more quickly if your order has the email address on it that was on the waitlist because ONLY those who are on the waitlist will be allowed to order while our supply of an item is small. These items will almost always be One Per Customer. If you do not purchase the item, I keep you on the waitlist for the next restock of it.

You might want to review the items you have put yourself on the waitlist for and remove yourself from any lists for things you are no longer interested in. To see your list: Log into your Windstone account, put your cursor on your name in the upper right corner, then move the cursor over the word “shop” in the drop down menu and you will see “waitlists” at the bottom of the new drop down menu – click on that! Then you can view your waitlist and remove any items you are no longer interested in. I’m sorry I don’t know what this looks like on a phone, perhaps someone with experience with it on a phone can add those instructions in the comments!

This new system seems to be working well to reduce the disappointment of being on a waitlist for 3 years and then missing the restock. That is our main goal. We cannot do it with every item we restock but we’ll try to do it with the really long lists. The best way to reach me with questions or suggestions is by email: service@windstoneeditions.com – Susie

Please note: My waitlist does not show names or addresses, only emails, so if your email has changed or your spouse is buying it and you are not – PLEASE provide that original email that was on the waitlist to me so that I can match the order to the list! You can put it in the notes, email it to service@windstoneeditions.com or even phone us up! But I MUST have it – I will not fill a password protected order until I can match it to an email on my waitlist. Thank you!

Ann Marie
      Participant

Thanks for the reminder where to find our lists of items we have waitlisted. I checked mine and there were several I no longer need and I removed them.

Magentas-Cat

Scathach
        Participant

I really like the new system. It’s worked seamlessly for me. I found your email to be very clear. I felt like a VIP, too!

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
          Participant

It’s too bad we can’t reserve not-yet-available pieces the way we signed up for the koi qi-lins.
            Still hoping for Stone Risers and Elven spectrals someday (and the good luck to buy one when they hit the store).
            I am on the waitlist for the Elven Riser so maybe he will reappear eventually and I’ll be able to get one.

Susie
            Keymaster

Please note: My waitlist does not show names or addresses, only emails, so if your email has changed or your spouse is buying it and you are not – PLEASE provide that original email that was on the waitlist to me so that I can match the order to the list! You can put it in the notes, email it to service@windstoneeditions.com or even phone us up! But I MUST have it – I will not fill a password protected order until I can match it to an email on my waitlist. Thank you!

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

My upper right corner says

Log Out My Account Register Cart 0 Items

There is no area with my name/login

I’m on a normal desktop using Microsoft Edge. Can anyone post a screenshot of what I’m supposed to be clicking on to see the list of items I have on my waitlist?

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Doh! Nevermind I found it! It’s in the “My account” menu down on the personal tabs area below the profile photo header.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Thank you for posting this! I cleared a few things out of my waitlist that I’ve either already obtained, or have discovered an alternative piece I would rather have instead. Looking forward to one day seeing one of those emails with passwords pop up for the rest! 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Hmm, it’s not letting me join a waitlist. Maybe it’s my elderly tablet?

pipsxlch
                      Participant

I don’t know if it’s my old equipment or a glitch in the store, but whenever I try to join a waitlist, nothing happens. I’m not entered. Or maybe the piece is formally retired now? It’s the Woodland Hearth I’m trying to wait on.

etruscan
                        Participant

I don’t know if it’s my old equipment or a glitch in the store, but whenever I try to join a waitlist, nothing happens. I’m not entered. Or maybe the piece is formally retired now? It’s the Woodland Hearth I’m trying to wait on.

On my computer she is in the store and there is a wait list button. I was able to add and leave the wait list.

I did this from the page for the dragon (not the main page for Female Hearth Dragons).

Female Hearth Dragon – Woodland

pipsxlch
                          Participant

Yes, I’ve seen and clicked the waitlist button, but it won’t acknowledge it. Nothing happens when I do. I’ve double checked on the ‘My Waitlist’page, and on the Woodland Hearth’s page. *shrug in confusion* I do see that the text doesn’t say it’s been formally retired, I was just trying to figure out the problem.

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

weird, I did FHD-Woodland as a test run then checked my waitlists and it worked just fine…I’ve since removed it to not mess with the numbers though….perhaps you should pm Clay to try and figure out what might be messed up?

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
                              Participant

Yes, I’ve seen and clicked the waitlist button, but it won’t acknowledge it. Nothing happens when I do. I’ve double checked on the ‘My Waitlist’page, and on the Woodland Hearth’s page. *shrug in confusion* I do see that the text doesn’t say it’s been formally retired, I was just trying to figure out the problem.

When you are trying to join the Wait List, do you click on the “Wait List” button under the Woodland Hearth Dragon on the page for Female Hearth Dragons?
                                Or do you click on the Wait List button on the page for the Woodland Hearth Dragon?

It does look as though clicking on the Wait List button on the Female Hearth Dragons page just takes you to the page for the Woodland Hearth Dragon.
                                Then you have to click on the button on the Woodland Hearth Dragon page to join the Wait List.
                                In other words, you may need to click on the Wait List button in two different locations to join the list.

Asterisktrine
                                Participant

Thanks for the reminder! I went ahead and cleared some items from my waitlist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.