Packing/shipping

Home Forums Miscellany Community Packing/shipping

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

There weren’t any links in it… weird. I just don’t wanna make like 20 posts either like I did before in another thread when it did this before and then they ALL showed up like 15 minutes later. LOL! I think it was the newest Uni Grab Bag thread. Anyway…

I was able to go back in my history and copy paste my initial response that I believe Bodine had replied to above you before it vanished.

What I had said was that it was funny someone mentions the paypal fee disclaimer that is posted in the Classifieds area, as I was in a recent transaction where a forum member demanded I pay for their paypal fees after the initial payment was made. This was after reimbursing them for their shipping to get the item in the first place, the cost to ship it to me as well as customs fees they were out in receiving the item. After much badgering I just caved and did it, but I will not be doing business with this member anymore for sales transactions.

I know everyone has a different view of how trades and sales should work, but when your in the business of trading and selling items like Windstones I feel like that sometimes you don’t always get every penny you invested in getting a piece on top of the piece itself. Maybe I’m too old school, but how am I going to expect someone to pay all that money I am out now if I sell the piece I received? Easy, I won’t and if you ask me, I shouldn’t expect to.

“Yea I know this piece is $100 in the store, but it cost me an extra $70 to get it. Now you have to pay that and by the way it cost and additional $30 also to get it to you, so now you’re paying me $200 alright?” Then to follow it up with, hey I got charged $15 in fees so now you also owe me that too.

This is why many of the pieces I invested money in are either permanent fixtures in my home because I can’t morally justify the cost I would want for them, or I take a big fat hit and chalk it up to it being part of the business.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

tig3r06
      Participant

Some of the threads I’ve been trying to post on keep not posting also like the grail thread and ask melody thread…

tig3r06
        Participant

That is so awful!!! I wouldn’t deal with them again either.
          I’ve also taken alot of hits on reselling and I agree, it’s just the way it is.

GardenNinja
          Participant

AFTER you paid? That is just all kinds of wrong.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Sorry about your trouble in posting… I wonder if the forum was having a glitch? I can say that I wasn’t deleting anything!
              Re: The forum seller making you pay separate paypal fees… not cool. If they were doing so via the forum, I always try to let people make fixes if they do it in ignorance (e.g. made a classifieds listing but didn’t read the rules), but if they are doing it intentionally it’s super not okay, as it’s against our rules and also the paypal TOS.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Plain and simple…. If you want what the WS piece cost you PLUS whatever fees (PayPal or otherwise) you paid, or what will be taken out in the upcoming selling transaction by PayPal (PayPal’s fees are usually 2.6 – 3% of the total sell price + .30 cents per transaction USD) – all total all in – then THAT TOTAL SUM should be what you ask for Up Front, as your item’s Final Price. Then if you want the cost of shipping the item to the buyer paid as well, you indicate that ‘Shipping is extra’ or ‘Price does not include shipping costs’ or something to that effect in your ad.

You don’t Nickel and Dime the buyer and add-on additional costs AFTER the agreed upon or asking sale price – that’s just not fair to the buyer. That’s my opinion and view on this subject.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Zeppard Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

tig3r06
                Participant

I agree.

Kim
                  Blocked

So here’s the problem with paypal fees. If you live in another country like I do in Canada, paypal charges more in fees for payments and also charge fees to convert US dollars to Can. For me it’s about a 4% fee. I have bought and sold and traded with people on here for years that I trust and we would always send friend payments to help the other person save on fees. It’s really no different than trusting someone to send a trade as either way there is no paypal protection. But with that said I always ship items with insurance from Canada Post so paypal protection is pretty much useless. As well, if someone is making payments over a period of time, paypal protection is also useless because it will not cover the total amount of an item if it’s paid in multiple payments so again the only real protection comes from the shipping insurance. The problem is in the last year or so because of all the talk about not using friend payments on here, I suddenly have people who have always paid with friend payments in the past, now sending me regular payments without letting me know.

The last couple times I sold pieces to people I never had an issue with before I stated something along the lines of “Are you able to pay so I don’t get charged fees? If so that would save about $14 in fees if you can.” If they had said they wanted to send it as a regular payment then I would have quoted a different price including the fees but I was trying to save them the amount of the fees instead of increasing the price. So then I had a couple people recently not acknowledge what I said about the fees and pay me a regular payment where I then lost the money of the fee. The one also didn’t pay the full amount but asked if they could pay $30 that was owing in another payment at the end of the month and I said that was fine. So when I was paid initially I was already short $30 plus the $14 fee. I then had to send a screenshot of what I was charged and asked if I should just refund the payment and they could send it again in a way where I wouldn’t be charge the fee. Again because they also wanted to pay in two payments, paypal protection doesn’t cover an item paid in more than one payment. They ended up paying me for extra and the fee that was owing a few days later. I did not ask for them to pay the fee, I asked to send it in a way I wouldn’t be charged the fee. Now I know people are going to say you have to send payments as regular payments, not friend payments but since I have paid for probably 100 or more pieces in the past with friend payments to help people save on fees I guess I just expected the same in return.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

GardenNinja
                    Participant

Windstone announced over a year ago that friend payments are not acceptable for sales using their site.
                      [url]https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/classified-ads-and-paypal-payments-please-read-if-you-are-a-buyer-or-a-seller/#post-1537556[/url]

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Kim
                      Blocked

I get that but the last couple sales I made, most if not all the conversation about the items were through email or facebook with people I have done several deals with in the past so they weren’t even through this site. The one I was talking about above was never even listed in a classified ad. It was a private deal.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

tig3r06
                        Participant

Paypal can protect with payments, an invoice can be set to accept payments instead of pay in full. I’ve done an invoice with payments for people. As a seller, paypal is a tool and the fees associated with that are the responsibility of the seller. If the seller wants the fees covered then the initial cost offered/advertised includes those fees as the total price before a sale is even agreed upon. There are ebay and paypal fee calculators to tell you what price to ask for. There should be no reason someone doesn’t know costs up front other than getting a shipping quote.

Like others have said, both windstone and paypal have said this is against the use of paypal.

Bodine
                          Participant

Drag0n,your initial post did vanish.
                            Well,I know there are always chinks in any armor but I think this is the best,most trusting group of people I have ever encountered in my life and I am pleased to be a part of this crazy collection.
                            😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
                            Participant

I fully agree with Tig3rO6. I have used the payment invoice as a buyer and it worked perfectly. There is no reason to try and do payments outside of PayPal. If you expect to recoup your fees then just include them in the sale price and call it good. Trying to nickle and dime someone out of fees that are your responsibility after a sale is unethical in every sense of the word.

What selling practices anyone chooses to do outside of the forums is up to them. But here there should not be anything added to the price that is stated in the ad.

As has been repeatedly mentioned it is against FORUM rules and also the PayPal TOS. It should be that simple.

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

If you recall I did try and meet your demand to send a friend payment and then we discussed how it was going to result in me being charged a fee instead because it was in Canada. When I opted to send it the regular way (since I was already paying for your customs fees and twice shipping fees I thought it more then fair) you then messaged me about how you being charged the fees was not acceptable and I then had to send you additional money for you to ship the piece (because I wasn’t going to participate in a refund which would take 5-7 days to process only to repeat the same thing to only get charged the fees anyway.) I then sent $50 that same night, not $30 as discussed to make you happy. So you were paid in full all in one day.

I also reminded you after sending that payment about how you still owed me on the payment from me fronting the money on your behalf for the Windstone kickstarter pizza and cake to which you still have never paid.

I don’t hold grudges and I don’t like drama which I have never fussed about it. A few dollars in fees isnt worth it just like a few dollars for pizza wasn’t, but going forward I am following forum guidelines. Period.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Natasha
                                Participant

I’d also point out that while no one LIKES paying fees…you are still paying paypal for a service. Some of you are probably too young to remember, but in the olden days of Ebay, bidders could pay with a money order or check! As a seller, you’d wait for it to come, take it to the bank and cash or deposit it, hope it didn’t bounce. Consider your 4% an excellent investment in getting your money quick, easily, and safely.

And friends and family payments are pretty obviously named. Have you been over to the other person’s house for dinner? Do you see each other on the regular? Do you text back and forth? Then, that’s the method for you. Work your sale out in a text exchange. If not, it’s business. Business can be friendly…it should be friendly…but it’s still commerce.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                                  UNIS:
                                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                  Mother: Okapi
                                  Gothic - Mahogany
                                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.