Packing/shipping

Home Forums Miscellany Community Packing/shipping

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

A friend asked me one day about shipping a dragon to her from a seller wanting their box back.Pms won’t go through for me…I suggest tge seller packs the dragon in the proper box they have,insure it for the buyer and pay the postage for their box back to them.That way the beautiful dragon arrives safely and you get your box back.All happy!
      Just a suggestion.😊 Hope this helps you.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
      Participant

I fully agree that this is the best option as long as the purchaser does indeed ship the box back as requested.

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

pipsxlch
        Participant

I have twice participated in such a transaction. The buyer of the OW from the batch I helped sell recently had been burned before and was nervous. I used my eBay OW’s box and gave her the money to ship it back. Worked for both of us.

The other time was several years ago. A seller had a buyer for a riser, but they were overseas. I loaned the seller my riser’s box. Shipped it to her, she used it, buyer shipped it back to her and she to me. Once again, everyone happy.

May seem a bit weird, but as long as everybody’s honest no reason it can’t work. Only potential issue I can see is that the seller is out the money for the return shipping- but for what most pieces sell for, is it really that much?

Ela_Hara
          Participant

I have had a box shipped back to me once and it wasn’t a big deal. A nice buyer told me that they didn’t care if the Curlie I sold them was in a Curlie box or not, that they would most likely toss the box anyway. Well, I wanted to make sure the Curlie reached my buyer safe and sound, so I asked if they could ship my Curlie box back if they didn’t want it and I gave them the postage cost to do it.

Not a problem at all. As Pip mentions, if everyone is honest and on board with the transaction it shouldn’t be an issue.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Suzanne-Marie
            Participant

Thank you all for your posts.
              I recently was interested in a large .. not a Secret Keeper… Windstone dragon from another Forum member.
              The seller wanted me to pay all PayPal fees, and would not pay for a shipping label to have her internal box returned to her.
              Since both issues did not seem fair or reasonable to me; I declined proceeding with the sale.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Not Cool!
                The WS Classified rules indicate that if a seller here on the forum/posting in the WS Classifieds wants to cover their PP fees, that they should add the fee cost as part of their asking/selling price and NOT ask for PP fees as a separate or additional charge. This is covered in the posted WS ‘Classified Ad Rules and Guidelines’ – the link to that is below, as is the excerpt regarding PP fees…

Classified Ad Rules and Guidelines

“When using PayPal, you must not add a SEPARATE, additional cost “to cover PayPal fees”. Requesting that a buyer pay fees separately is against PayPal’s Terms of Service. As a seller, you are responsible for those fees. Examples:
                NO: “The dragon is $100, +$10 shipping, +$10 to cover my Paypal Fees.”
                YES: “The dragon is $110 +$10 shipping.”
                Notice the seller receives the same amount in both situations, but the fees are not listed as a separate cost to the buyer in the acceptable example.
                While only PayPal has the authority to enforce their Terms of Service, we will not allow listings that break the above rules, for the safety of all (buyers and sellers alike).”

Additionally – It is the seller’s responsibility to make sure the item reaches the buyer in the best and safest possible condition, so if someone would like a box back they should offer to pay the cost to have it shipped back to them. I don’t see how paying the cost to ship it back to the seller should be the buyer’s responsibility.

Suzanne-Marie
                Participant

Thank you everyone, especially Ela_Hara.
                  Everything works out for a reason.
                  Today I won the eBay GB Adult Poad and matching Baby Poad; and, me, being Poad-obsessed; I am delighted !!

Kim
                  Blocked

Congrats Suzanne-Marie. I was wondering if you might be watching that poad set!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                    Participant

Congrats Suzanne!Write me,wanna talk

Suzanne-Marie
                      Participant

Thank you Kim🌸
                        I had to …um…. charge it…
                        But that’s what charge cards are for, right?? LOL 💰

Bodine 🌺 Thank you, will email or PM you later; just got home from Appt. and 🐶 just fell asleep , all 50 pounds of her, sprawled across my lap !!

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

THAT’S AWESOME Suzanne-Marie!
                          Glad you won the Set! It was a Gorgeous Pair!

Suzanne-Marie
                          Participant

Thank you Ela_Hara !!
                            Will be so happy when they arrive next week !!

Bodine
                            Participant

Dang,nothing nice about that.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Why does my post keep disappearing? Is it being deleted or is the forum freaking out?

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

GardenNinja
                                Participant

Are there very many links in it? It may be getting flagged as spam. PM Clay (username wstone) & ask him to check for it and approve it.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.