fbpx

Packing Peanuts

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Packing Peanuts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Hey Melody

Just curious, do you know if the packing peanuts you use are recyclable?

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I know they are biodegradable… and you can eat them too ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jason
        Participant

were you out of food and got hungry one night?

Hannah
          Participant

were you out of food and got hungry one night?

*SNORT*!
            I like you!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I believe it was mentioned before by Melody in a post

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Danzig Moon (Karen)
              Participant

OMG!! Ok, is offical, instead of “Drinking the Koolaid” we are “Eating the POPCORN” !!! :bigsmile:

UPS and Fedex will take the Popcorn back and reuse it in their program’s. Not sure if the USPS will or not.

Hope that help’s.

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Kiya
                Participant

My dog thinks Windstone packing peanuts are the best treat ever. He sneaks into my office and steals them out of the shipping boxes whenever I don’t recycle them promptly.

Jason
                  Participant

I’m in Canada so UPS does not really help me out here, the only thing they do is damage or loose a parcel every once in a while (thank god no Windstones have ever been harmed!) Id really like to just throw the peanuts into my recycling bin and feel good about them not going to a landfill…..

littleironhorse
                    Participant

Or you can fill up a reasonably sized bag and sell them on Kijiji… That’s where I find mine when I need some.

Ciarnet
                      Participant

I rather promptly found out they were non-toxic after my stubborn Siamese decided to shred the bag they were in and eat about half of it. An emergancy run to the vet later and all was well. She still stalks the closet I lock them in when a new Windstone comes into the house. She’s a tad bit obsessive.

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I rather promptly found out they were non-toxic after my stubborn Siamese decided to shred the bag they were in and eat about half of it. An emergancy run to the vet later and all was well. She still stalks the closet I lock them in when a new Windstone comes into the house. She’s a tad bit obsessive.

My cats will get into my open boxes in the attic in the door is not shut tight and I find them all half eaten, melted, and sticky over the house when I get home from work.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

dragonshoard
                          Participant

The off-white cylindrical ones from windstone are made from celulose and will “shrivel up” if they get wet. My local UPS will take some but, being in Phoenix, they can shrink and get hard in the heat. I rotate between several packing places depending on how many peanuts I need to get rid of. The white (or colored) S-shaped ones are definitely synthetic. But check with your recycling center. Some places take them or at least the large pieces of styrofoam. I figure taking them to a packing center might prevent someone from having to buy new ones.

Sirithiliel
                            Participant

I have to get rid of the packing peanuts at once, or hide them….my cat insists on trying to lick the things until their crunchy little pellets….it’s funny =P

Kiya
                              Participant

The off-white cylindrical ones from windstone are made from celulose and will “shrivel up” if they get wet.

I thought they were made from starch?

In any case, they ARE water soluble, so if you REALLY want to get rid of them, you can do it with a lot of water down the sink drain. They should also not cause any problems if you dispose of them in the recycling or trash. They break down very quickly.

etruscan
                                Participant

The off-white cylindrical ones from windstone are made from celulose and will “shrivel up” if they get wet.

I thought they were made from starch?

In any case, they ARE water soluble, so if you REALLY want to get rid of them, you can do it with a lot of water down the sink drain. They should also not cause any problems if you dispose of them in the recycling or trash. They break down very quickly.

When the biodegradable ones first came out I was told they were made of cornstarch. Not sure what the current composition is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.