fbpx

Our old art!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Our old art!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Rusti wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Bad teacher, PDC. πŸ‘Ώ

Oh, I imagine if I turned in a geometry binder with a bunch of sketches scribbled on my homework or notes, I probably would’ve lost points too.

I was careful to doodle on stuff I didn’t have to turn in. πŸ˜‰

I can see why, but i still think it’s silly that teachers try to squelch some kids’ artistic (as in, real art, not scribbles) talents. So you’ve got a pupil more interested in nature than numbers! Support it, as long as she doesn’t completely fail in the numbers department.

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

I got excellent grades. I doodled in all of my binders, and only one teacher cared. One person even complimented me on my work when she graded my binder! I think that teacher was insulted I used their class time to doodle.

choebe
        Participant

Ooh, fun idea! Here’s some of mine:

The earliest drawing I have scanned, I believe. This is from my first year of high school, and my first attempt at pointillism.

During high school, my best friend and I kept in touch through letters, and somewhere along the way we started drawing on the envelopes we’d send each other. This is from my “I want to be a comic book artist when I grow up!” phase, so I was probably 16 or so.

Eventually I got over the comic book thing and started trying my hand at drawing more realistic portraits… on envelopes. (I have to wonder if any of you will know who this is!)

I think I did this one when I was around 18. It was one of the last envelopes I drew for my friend, and I was very, very proud of it. It’s hard to believe that was about ten years ago now!

Those are great drawings! I can’t draw that good now… πŸ˜†

Katherine
          Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Rusti, my drawings weren’t on any of my homework or notes. I drew on blank pieces of binder paper in the front of my binder. My binder was organized, except for those. My teacher just didn’t like all the drawings. πŸ˜‰

Wow, I really don’t agree with teachers docking points for doodling. I mean, as long as you have your homework done, you should get the points you deserve, right? Well, not all teachers agree with that I guess, but when I become a teacher, even as a student teacher, I will not dock points for that! I think it is discouraging to a child’s creativity.

choebe
            Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Those are great drawings! I can’t draw that good now… πŸ˜†

Aww, you’re too kind! I’ve definitely improved since then, though I wish I still had the time to devote to drawing that I did in those days. :/

Laurie
              Participant

While I was looking for our marriage license I found some of my high school art so I remembered this post and figured I would share some……

My pony Star done in prisma color.

I did this one in middle school with colored pencils. I used to LOVE the centurions cartoon and Ace was my favorite character.

Cartoon for the space race I did for some class. As you can see I got a 10 out of 10.

I drew this my last year in high school for Danny. I copied his high school picture

a dragon

a robot dragon

Another half done dragon that had some kind of symbolism going here but I don’t remember what. I think it was something about war lol.

X-Files, how I loved you!

Crazy surreal drawing, I hate surreal stuff.

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Wow!!! Love Danny’s portrait!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

I like the surreal one though… Danny’s picture is great!

I LOVE the surreal one and the robot dragon. (Well, duh.) And the little Enterprise that you snuck into your space race drawing made me snerk. πŸ˜†

Maria
                  Participant

I like the pony. It looks fuzzy.

lamortefille
                    Participant

I actually like the surreal one best!

Laurie
                      Participant

I hated/still hate the surreal drawing. Its pretty big so I can’t scan it and had to take a pic with my camera to show it. Its one of my husbands favorite too. I won my high school art show with that piece and the peoples choice award so I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t like it lol.

That’s some great artwork PD The pony does look fuzzy, like you could reach out and pet him πŸ˜†
                        I love the robot dragon. It’s so detailed. I agree with everyone on the surreal picture. Except I’d probably like it better without people in it πŸ˜†

Clicky please

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.