fbpx

Our old art!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Our old art!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Okay I remember one of the old forums I used to go to had this thread and it was really fun, I thought it may be fun here. πŸ˜€

Do any of the artists here have their old art to show off? And I mean like, art done when still in grade school, middle school, even elementary school! Some think it’s embarrassing, but I think it’s fun! We can see how far we’ve gotten!

I wish I had my art from before middle school, but none of it has lasted. πŸ™ But I’ll start off with my silly middle school art! They’re good for a laugh!

This is what one of my types of robots (the kind that my “personal character” evolved from) originally looked like! This is probably the oldest drawing I have on me. It’s from around 1999.

I just discovered Photoshop. XD

Okay. Look at the gryphons at my regular art thread. Then look at this. Then laugh REALLY HARD. πŸ˜€

I can’t believe that was only seven years ago. XD

Fanart, but at least this shows that I learned a lot within a year of using Photoshop. XD

Okay, I got it started. Anybody else?

frozendragon
    Participant

Melody had this idea once… I’m not sure where it’s at.. maybe if someone finds it they can put a link to it..

I’m not sure how many posted in that topic either..

All my stuff is lost in my parents basement… or hanging on my grandmother’s wall. Augh. I don’t want to post the one that’s on her wall, she loves it, everyone else who’s seen it loves it, I hate it! πŸ˜†

I’m such a hypocrite telling Jen not to be so hard on her artwork and then being just as hard on my own. πŸ˜†

Maria
      Participant

My old art isn’t so old. This is stuffI’d doodle while I still had weekend classes (2004-2007).
        For example:

or

Lokie
        Participant

Oh man, I so want to participate in this thread but the only drawings I can find from when I was a kid are my cutups, and I’m not quite sure if I want to share those.

Great idea, Rockerbot πŸ˜€

SPark
          Participant

First dragon I ever drew. (I was about six.)

Here’s one from about ten.

And from some point in middle school. (This one is based on the Jane Yolen pit dragons.)

Here’s one I did in high school. I used a dinosaur for a refernece on this one, to try and be more realistic.

And this one is from my first year of college. I’m only marginally better than that now.

http://bladespark.topcities.com/art/chariz.jpg and http://bladespark.topcities.com/art/udhug.jpg are examples of fairly current dragons, (or dragon-ish things, does Charizard count as a dragon?) because I don’t think I’ve ever posted my 2-D art here before.

More than half of my art over my life has been dragons, I think. The rest is mostly unicorns, furries, or my personal characters.

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

Oh, these are great! Great idea, rockerbot! My pictures date back to high school; my mother has all my elementary school pics! πŸ˜€ One of my teachers actually marked me down for having too many drawings in my binder!:lol:

Maria
              Participant

Bad teacher, PDC. πŸ‘Ώ

frozendragon
                Participant

I had a really great picture I drew in middle school.. had a dragon… crystal ball… roses and a lady in the middle…

the teacher said she put it in an art show… but I never saw it again… I think she actually kept it…

blah

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Hahaha, Spark, it’s the evolution of the dragon! I love the first one; it showed how much potential you already had.

I have to see if I can dig some stuff up.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Rusti
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Bad teacher, PDC. πŸ‘Ώ

Oh, I imagine if I turned in a geometry binder with a bunch of sketches scribbled on my homework or notes, I probably would’ve lost points too.

I was careful to doodle on stuff I didn’t have to turn in. πŸ˜‰

purpledragonclaw
                      Participant

Rusti, my drawings weren’t on any of my homework or notes. I drew on blank pieces of binder paper in the front of my binder. My binder was organized, except for those. My teacher just didn’t like all the drawings. πŸ˜‰

Good thing that my teachers never docked me marks for doodling…. because I doodled alot.

Me too…my teachers loved me for my drawing all through school…I’ve even gotten little notes saying “cute!” if I doodled in the margins. X)

Great stuff, everyone. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.