Oriental Sun and Moon Dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Oriental Sun and Moon Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

The ivory is lovely too. But….does anyone remember…Melody painted the first “Ivory” sun dragon years ago that looks pretty identical to this one.

Yup! And I’ve been hoping it would become a production color since then ๐Ÿ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pam

The ivory is lovely too. But….does anyone remember…Melody painted the first “Ivory” sun dragon years ago that looks pretty identical to this one.

Was this an item we sold on ebay? I cant find any record of it :/

Kiya
        Participant

It was on ebay – but it was Patricia, not Melody who painted it.

http://windstoneeditions.com/content/ivory-test-paint-1-0

Melody
          Keymaster

It wouldn’t of been called “Ivory” because we couldn’t call stuff “ivory” and put it on Ebay.

etruscan
            Participant

The “Ivory” pieces that P.S. painted really were called “Ivory” (and were sold on ebay). I have the little “Ivory” bird winged flap cat:

She definitely has “Ivory” on her pad and on her COA.

Pam

It wouldn’t of been called “Ivory” because we couldn’t call stuff “ivory” and put it on Ebay.

Oh yeah, for awhile eBay wouldn’t let us put ivory in the title, it would complain about how selling ivory was illegal. It doesn’t do that anymore, thank goodness.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I believe I would like the Moon Dragon in any color – that’s my favorite of the Oriental sculpts. ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Zeppard Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I’m not a huge fan of the ivory myself, but I’d kill for a set of orientals in the original white/pearl color that is now retired on all the other dragons.

I think that would be way prettier then the ivory… probably easier to paint too. The ivory probably has to be painted on an absolutely flawless casting for it to look good. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it’s probably a pain in the butt for there to be a decent sized batch of ivory.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

rachelled
                    Participant

I’m not a huge fan of the ivory myself, but I’d kill for a set of orientals in the original white/pearl color that is now retired on all the other dragons.

I think that would be way prettier then the ivory… probably easier to paint too. The ivory probably has to be painted on an absolutely flawless casting for it to look good. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it’s probably a pain in the butt for there to be a decent sized batch of ivory.

Orientals in White Pearl or the aforementioned Ivory would be stunning. A white Oriental would remind me of a Luck Dragon!

I would be ready to pounce on any new Oriental though, specifically the Sun and Moon dragons <3 Hopefully they will eventually be not so troublesome to produce!

Sarah
                      Participant

Pearly Oriental dragons with silver horns and ice blue eyes would be pretty.

Yes!!! Pearly Orientals with silver horns and ice blue eyes would be amazing! ๐Ÿ˜€

Mercury Star
                        Participant

Orientals in White Pearl or the aforementioned Ivory would be stunning. A white Oriental would remind me of a Luck Dragon!

That has always been my thought, I have wanted at least one white Oriental so I could name it Falcor! XD

Lauren
                          Participant

I would be ready to pounce on any new Oriental though, specifically the Sun and Moon dragons <3 Hopefully they will eventually be not so troublesome to produce!

Oh gosh. A falcor-esque windstone. I wasn’t really on board with the shimmering white pearl idea until I made the connection just now, but yes, I would love that. But I think schemes with rich blues or blacks and whites or silvers, maybe something like the morpho, would look fabulous with silver horns and light blue eyes as well. I too very badly would like one of the sun or moon dragons, but can’t afford them for the prices they go for on ebay.

Stormbreeze
                            Participant

I agree, and also something orange or red would certainly sell beautifully. Maybe a silver dragon with silver horns, but with a fiery center to look like molten metal. Could that be achieved, despite the issue with red paint?

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Lauren
                              Participant

What exactly is the issue with red paints? I’m sure it’s probably been mentioned before on the boards, but I haven’t seen a thread for it like the issue with the horns. Are they not being sold anymore? (That said, I agree that reds would be fabulous with silver, and also kind of rare since I think we usually see them coupled with golds with the dragons.)

etruscan
                                Participant

What exactly is the issue with red paints? I’m sure it’s probably been mentioned before on the boards, but I haven’t seen a thread for it like the issue with the horns. Are they not being sold anymore? (That said, I agree that reds would be fabulous with silver, and also kind of rare since I think we usually see them coupled with golds with the dragons.)

The red paint was/is unstable. It can fade if the piece is in sunlight, and paint on the Ruby dragons may come off if the piece gets wet, so be careful cleaning them!

You might find this thread interesting:

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/ruby-dragons-red-eyes

and this one:

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/rf-dragons-red-eyes

(I did an Advanced Search on the phrase “red paint” to find these.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.