Oriental Sun and Moon Dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Oriental Sun and Moon Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Stormbreeze
    Participant

Will you ever be re-stocking those beautiful sun and moon dragons in various production colors? I just love the way they look, but unfortunately I don’t have the money to buy them on E-bay. I’m sure colors like amethyst, violet flame, and glacier or aquamarine would sell really well on these guys.
      I also noticed that the Copper Patinas were still in the store, although they were out of stock. If you’re painting copper patinas then you have to be painting other colors too, right? After all, the patinas are the ones which were casted a little differently by mistake.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

etruscan
      Participant

Will you ever be re-stocking those beautiful sun and moon dragons in various production colors? I just love the way they look, but unfortunately I don’t have the money to buy them on E-bay. I’m sure colors like amethyst, violet flame, and glacier or aquamarine would sell really well on these guys.
        I also noticed that the Copper Patinas were still in the store, although they were out of stock. If you’re painting copper patinas then you have to be painting other colors too, right? After all, the patinas are the ones which were casted a little differently by mistake.

The Oriental dragons have pewter horns, which means they won’t be back in the store until after the Great Horn Problem is solved. Melody says that they are making progress on the horns. (See thread “The Ongoing Horn Shortage …” at the top of this section for the play-by-play on that issue). So, someday the orientals, scratching dragons, lap dragons, Old Warriors, unicorns and kirins will be back in production, but not right away. ๐Ÿ™‚

Stormbreeze
        Participant

Okay! I didn’t quite realize that. Let’s hope that horn problem is solved sometime soon… good luck to whoever is fixing it!

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Kiya
          Participant

The sun and moon dragons also had/have some casting problems in addition to the horn issue. I think they have worked out the major ones (toes were bubbling a lot), but they do still require more scraping than some of the other sculpts which is why they usually get used for ebay pieces first, rather than saving up for a store batch.

Overall, they aren’t having as many casting problems which is why the majority of copper patina pieces aren’t being painted. Though they may paint some good pieces in CP just for people who like the color. ๐Ÿ™‚

Samwise
            Participant

I’m hoping as casting problems decrease, the copper patina becomes a more common production color (for the dragons, at least). I really like that coloring on them! Though I’m looking to collect another color too, just haven’t figured out what color.

I was also wondering about the certain dragons that aren’t really being produced. I did not realize they had horns. I will start following that horn shortage page now too!

Melody
              Keymaster

We are going to start casting them again, and see how difficult it is to cast and clean up the castings. If we can make them in a reasonable amount of time, now that the major casting issues have been resolved, PERHAPS we can do them in production again. We have horns in silver now.Pearly Oriental dragons with silver horns and ice blue eyes would be pretty.

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

I would love to see some all of the Oriental dragons done like that. Or maybe albinos would be cool too ๐Ÿ˜‰

yolanda
                  Participant

We are going to start casting them again, and see how difficult it is to cast and clean up the castings. If we can make them in a reasonable amount of time, now that the major casting issues have been resolved, PERHAPS we can do them in production again. We have horns in silver now.Pearly Oriental dragons with silver horns and ice blue eyes would be pretty.

MOST DEFINATELY !!! I CANT WAIT !! I Will most definately buy me a moon if you did them that way.

Falcolf
                    Participant

That sounds amazingly gorgeous <3

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

Yes! Dragons similar to Brandi’s “Winter” color scheme would be amazing! A black ice would be lovely too with the silver horns

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Ivory.
                          Can all of the orientals be offered in that “color”? With the blue eyes and the matching stone, the one on ebay now is spectacular. I could go for all 4 sculpts in that scheme.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
                          Participant

Ivory.
                            Can all of the orientals be offered in that “color”? With the blue eyes and the matching stone, the one on ebay now is spectacular. I could go for all 4 sculpts in that scheme.

This. I would love to collect orientals in ivory, and it seems a simple enough color to easily produce. ๐Ÿ™‚

jmoore
                            Participant

Ivory.

This. I would love to collect orientals in ivory, and it seems a simple enough color to easily produce. ๐Ÿ™‚

I Agree!!!!

yolanda
                              Participant

I think id more like an icy blue or glacier would be awesome .

WolfenMachine
                                Participant

The ivory is lovely too. But….does anyone remember…Melody painted the first “Ivory” sun dragon years ago that looks pretty identical to this one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.