fbpx

Oregon winter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Oregon winter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

How is Oregon winter treating you guys? I know it’s colder than you’re used to, but do you guys have snow or anything yet? I know it’s just November…but I dont really know when it starts getting super cold there… Do they ski and stuff there, or do you have to drive really far to do that sort of thing? Did you ever sort out the birds in the living room chaos? Hope everything is going great for you guys! 😀

Purplecat
      Participant

Bob

They have owned the Oregon house for some time so many it’s not new

Purplecat
          Participant

I dont know if they’ve lived the winter through it though…so you never know…it might be a new experience! I have the urge now and then to just ask a few random non-squeak questions….they’re more fun to answer! 😀

Bob

Sorry I seemed to remember that they have spent winter time in Oregon before

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Sorry I seemed to remember that they have spent winter time in Oregon before

DM, actually living through a whole winter for the first time is quite a bit different then “visiting” during the winter, and especially since they are living in a house up there now and working in a factory that probably stays quite cold as apposed to visiting some one else house/staying in a hotel. Down in LA they have a mild winter, even WE have a mild winter in the Sac valley. She has a very valid question. Besides, this is an ask Melody thread, I’m sure she would enjoy chatting a little bit about the excitement of actually getting to live through their first winter in Oregon herself, neh?

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Some winters are MUCH worse then others too. I remeber last year we have a TREMONDUSLY COLD winter but not too much snow. Lot’s of ice and hail. I think this year is going to be like that too. *it’s hailing here right now actually*

Then the year before it was pretty miled but we got like 8 feet of snow in one night 😮

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Supposed to get 6-10″ here today/night. Ugh.

siberakh1
                  Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Then the year before it was pretty miled but we got like 8 feet of snow in one night 😮

Yeah, that winter I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt outside and it hit about 70 degrees in early January, then dropped to freezing in under 2 hours. A week later, we had a huge ice storm! A few winters before that, I had two major storms in my college town (just after Christmas and on New Years with about 24 inches of snow each storm). Just depends on the year and not the same for those who just visit for a short period of time.

Ick. That sleety/freezing rain mix is pushing up my way for this evening. I’m getting my oil changed now and checking fluids before it hits. Blech. I’ll take just snow please!

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

We’ve had snow every day since the 15th here! It’s about 3′ deep in some areas where we go. I’ve been spending most of the daylight hours out in it for the last 2 weeks!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Melody
                      Keymaster

purplecat wrote:

How is Oregon winter treating you guys? I know it’s colder than you’re used to, but do you guys have snow or anything yet? I know it’s just November…but I dont really know when it starts getting super cold there… Do they ski and stuff there, or do you have to drive really far to do that sort of thing? Did you ever sort out the birds in the living room chaos? Hope everything is going great for you guys! 😀

Yes, it is cold sometimes.. all I can say is I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT!! No snow yet, and it’s not that cold right now, overcast and gorgeous! The weather here is crazy! It will be foggy, then rainy, then crystal clear and sunny, then overcast and rainy again, all in one day! Keeps you entertained! We haven’t traveled to the snow areas here. We don’t ski, but I have heard that there isn’t any snow for skiing yet.
                        No the bird situation is still…a situation. Oy.
                        I think I want to build cages for them with clear acrylic sides to keep out drafts, and keep in racket, feathers and seeds. That way I can keep them inside (I prefer to have them inside) without driving us all crazy.
                        What is the weather like where you are? How is the new kitty settling in?

Melody
                        Keymaster

Dragon Master wrote:

They have owned the Oregon house for some time so many it’s not new

Every time we have been here the weather is different! We haven’t been here through an entire winter yet, I love it all, but every one assures us we will get tired of it!

Melody
                          Keymaster

Jennifer wrote:

We’ve had snow every day since the 15th here! It’s about 3′ deep in some areas where we go. I’ve been spending most of the daylight hours out in it for the last 2 weeks!

Wow. That is serious snow! What do you do out in it?

Melody
                            Keymaster

CherokeeDR wrote:

Supposed to get 6-10″ here today/night. Ugh.

UGH? You don’t like snow?

Melody
                              Keymaster

siberakh1 wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Yeah, that winter I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt outside and it hit about 70 degrees in early January, then dropped to freezing in under 2 hours. A week later, we had a huge ice storm! A few winters before that, I had two major storms in my college town (just after Christmas and on New Years with about 24 inches of snow each storm). Just depends on the year and not the same for those who just visit for a short period of time.

Ick. That sleety/freezing rain mix is pushing up my way for this evening. I’m getting my oil changed now and checking fluids before it hits. Blech. I’ll take just snow please! Ice storms are brutal, hard on wires and murder on trees!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.