fbpx

omg…

Home Forums Miscellany Community omg…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author

So my internet is finally going to be set up this saturday so i can stop having to walk all the way to the library.. like a 1.5to 2 miles… everyone always stops and offers me a ride ahhhh lol…T____T… got my leave request put in.. i only took 10 days cuz i had 12.5 left… when i went on R&R back in january they still charged the 15 leave days – which they switched me to january as opposed to June which is originally what i requested, but like right after i got back they passed a new one where u dont get charged at all for ur leave.. so instead of having 27.5 days… i have 12.5 -__-..they wouldnt give back days to those who already had leave either…BS.. and i keep finding SPIDERS in my room. I woke up randomly at 3:44am and turned on the lights and there was a big dark brown spider on the ceiling. and when i got off work today i went to my room to go change before coming here to the library and there were 2 more spiders – one on the ceiling and the other on the door that crawled in when i opened it. *shudders* i hate spiders .__.

Bob

skigod377 wrote:

Tell me about it. My husbands dog, Xena is almost 13 and he has had her since she was a pup. My mom wrote the other day and after several trips to the vet, turns out she has liver cancer that has spread to her lungs. She probably has less than a week left and my husband is not due home till next month. He wont even get to say goodbye. 😥 I feel so bad for him.

I’m SOO sorry to hear this. We need to find a cure for Cancer!!

Skigod377
      Participant

aharttsx wrote:

but like right after i got back they passed a new one where u dont get charged at all for ur leave.. so instead of having 27.5 days… i have 12.5 -__-..they wouldnt give back days to those who already had leave either…BS.. and i keep finding SPIDERS in my room.

Hey girl, not everone qualifies for that leave. Even people who have been out here for the full 12 months. The only way you qualify is if you have deployed for so many months in the past several years. The guys who deployed with this unit in 06-07 and this deployment are the only ones qualifying for the free leave. (PDMRA)

Really? Cuz from what i heard from my command is that all people who went on R&R after that new policy was passed didnt get charged for their R&R leave. I went before that policy was passed because they changed the dates i requested and got charged those days. Heck if i still had the days i originally requested then i wouldnt have even been on R&R yet and wouoldnt have gotten charged in the first place 😡 :x.. ah well.. its all said n done with… not much i can do about it with me being an e4 😆

Skigod377
        Participant

Yeah, just like anything else in the Army, the whole story didn’t get out. From what I understand, If you qualified for that leave, you could have used it for mid tour. 🙂 At least you’re home!! 😀

Hmmm… thats weird. cuz my 1SG and another Spc who was a multiple-time deployer went on leave the same time i did and they got charged for their 15 days too. and my roommate who hasnt been on active duty as long as i have (which is like 2.5 yrs or so for me) and is also a first-time deployer got 20+ days of non charged leave because she got stuck in italy a few extra days cuz the volcano blew up.. lol.. maybe thats how its sposed to work.. or maybe we just got ripped off.. ionno :?. ah well.. its all over n done with and im home now with a room to myself so its all good :lol:. and my internet is back up n running YAY..

Skigod377
          Participant

Its too bad you couldnt have stayed a little longer. We are having a BBQ today and guess who is handling the entertainment? The band!! Haha!

.___O…… do u know which group? like rock-band type group or brass band-type group? .____…. im guessing it was prolly the rock-band group… or maybe marne jazz… lol… thats not fair!!!! i wanna come T__T *poofs to atlanta and rides back to iraq for the BBQ*

Skigod377
            Participant

aharttsx wrote:

.___O…… do u know which group? like rock-band type group or brass band-type group? .____…. im guessing it was prolly the rock-band group… or maybe marne jazz… lol… thats not fair!!!! i wanna come T__T *poofs to atlanta and rides back to iraq for the BBQ*

I just know its the Marne Band… dont know if that tells you anything or not. What sucks is tat this bbq was supposed to be a moral builder… we all chipped in $5 for food and we got the band, etc. Well now they have turned it into an awards ceremony (picture standing in formation while awards are passed out to 120 people) with some big wigs coming… so basically it went from a moral building bbq to paying $5 to stand in a formation. We can screw up anything, I tell you.

Oh that stinks lol…hmmm…’Marne Band’ usually just refers to the entire band as a whole – the sub-groups often have their own name they tend to go by. Sounds like the craziness is continuing on as normal lol. It certainly is for me. I havent been able to finish my re-intergration yet because everything i was told to do in S1 at battalion was done waaaaayyyy different with the nco’s that were in charge of handling the re-intergrating soliders… like i have 3 dcs checklists… one that came with my orders.. one from S1.. one from the re-intergration stuff… and my rear-D commander is hollerin at me to get the paper work finished (shes an e7… and definitely not used to being in charge of things on such a grand scale…) and i dont even know what to do with all these dang checklists and one person is telling me to go here and someone else saying go there and blablablaBLA…. and im just terrible with paperwork in general so im just all confused lol…. even with taking leave its been retarded trying to get the paperwork. Everytime i took leave before we deployed i just had to fill out the request form and once it was approved give them a copy of my LES and a flight itinerary because i always fly back to PA for leave…. i cant exactly drive without a liscence lol. And now the rear D commander wants me to fill out a risk assessment like i were driving a POV back.. and im just like… “but… im flying…i cant exactly do a POV risk assessment for an airline….and theres no risk assessment available for a flight..simply because a passenger would have no control over the risk factor with a flight..” and she just tells me “oh just mark it like u were the one driving…” …but IM NOT DRIVING.. and that would be putting false information on a govt document…. so the person who was driving me filled one out… it made more sense for the person who was driving me to the airport… Which is just a stupid 30min drive to the airport….she still complained about it.. just silly little things that are just getting on my nerves that changed with the unit since i been away that im not used to yet. *sigh*

Skigod377
              Participant

I know how that is!!! I had to fill one out wen I went on leave and wasnt driving… I hit the no button at the beginning and that was the end of it. I eventually won that battle but I have a little more rank than you so can get away with it easier.

And the band was really good… they played a lot of rock, like Green Day, etc. And only 3 people fell out during the formation/ceremony… well, maybe 4 since one girl fell out twice. 😀

skigod377 wrote:

I know how that is!!! I had to fill one out wen I went on leave and wasnt driving… I hit the no button at the beginning and that was the end of it. I eventually won that battle but I have a little more rank than you so can get away with it easier.

And the band was really good… they played a lot of rock, like Green Day, etc. And only 3 people fell out during the formation/ceremony… well, maybe 4 since one girl fell out twice. 😀

Lol she fell out twice? 😆 :lol:.. and lol @ the getting away with it easier… an it doesnt help that e4’s get treated like privates in our field because most e4 bandsman came in with that rank… like me *cough cough* 😳

So happy!… i FINALLY got my debit card last night. Yay i can stop living on a diet of ramen :lol:. Ordered me some chinese n everything last night. Twas amazing. And to make things even better im goin on leave in 6 days. cant wait to go home n see the family, and all my new windstones i bought while i’ve been away! I cant wait to see that Cinnamon Gold SK, and my Blk Gold Proto OW, to mention a few!

Skigod377
                Participant

Congrats girl!! We are gettin excited over here. One of our connex’s just left today and the first group leaves in 10 days!!!!! I dont leave for another 31, but still… two of our acft left last night and more will keep filtering out till all we have left to do is sit around with our fingers up our butts. I cant wait to go home. Someone stole my bike on the 22nd so I had to walk to work… spent the whole day peicing together 3 other bikes so I would have a ride home then I wake up to a flat tire this morning… added another bike tire to my frankenstein bike…. hopefully this one lasts a little longer. I am out of bikes to cannabilize from .

Thats great you coming home soon! Lol that stinks about ur bike. I was lucky in that our LSA was fairly close to our work building, the px, dfac, and laundry point so i was content with walking. Hope that bike holds out till u can leave :).

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.