fbpx

omg…

Home Forums Miscellany Community omg…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Thank you all for the great comments, made me tear up a little lol… and Laurie πŸ˜† … wish i could stick Ski in me pocket n take her along … she might be happier in a duffle bag tho πŸ˜† …or how bout a ruck sack…a Tuff Box?!?!

I guess i was a little scared/shocked with this news and how i received it so suddenly. I feel kinda bad cuz most of the ppl in the unit dont even know yet…theyve heard whisperings and so they came to me to find out what as goin on…. i had lots of ‘splainin to do today :lol:…. well…. now that ill be going back… i can get my finish for my griffin without having the conflict of shipping hazardous materials yay :shout:

We’re just happy you can come home. πŸ˜€

Just put ski in a box full of MRE’s. Nobody goes to look for one of those… πŸ˜›

NirvanaCat13
    Participant

MREs?!?! I want MREs!!!! ZOMG I WANT MRES NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!!

Laurie
      Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Whoa!!! It’s alive!!!! Missed you. XD XD :bye: πŸ˜‰

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

I WANTS CHILI MAC…or or or CHICKEN N NOODLES…. hummm the spagetti was pretty good too lol…or the pot roast…LEMON POPPY SEED POUND CAKE…but dang the MRE’s have soooo many calories XD…. i think i can buy them at the px on post when i get back πŸ˜†

thanks again for that message, Nirvanacat… guess i have to thank Laurie for that too πŸ˜€

Skigod377
        Participant

You put me in a Tuff box and I am liable to become a hazardous material! πŸ˜†

I would def make sure you have a good forwarding addy so your boxes dont get lost. One good thing is that your unit still has some time left out here. Once folks get close to leaving they dont really care as much!! πŸ˜€ I am glad you are feeling better.

So yay i was really happy today when i was about to begin my out-processing today and we stopped by the mail room and i had 3 packages – all the ones ive been waiting for including my red fire riser :shout:, he is beautiful, love those eyes!

im rly glad they all arrived, one less thing i have to worry about… lol “You know ur addicted to windstones when….” – your worrying more about ur windstones arriving safely than getting ready to go home after spending 7+ months in the desert/warzone. Today was crazy tho, our air conditioner finally kicked the bucket at 3:45 in the morning…it sounded like someone shot it with a shotgun, then sounded like a mix between a jet engine/ and a dying car then just died all together :x.. i just wonder how hot our room actually got if the 105+ degree weather outside was cooler than what it was in our room… i hope the heat didnt damage my dragons T__T… the kbr ppl finally came to replace it… at 11pm when this little mini dust storm with random rain rolled in…. ppls were waking up, coming outside, wondering what in the world all the bangin was for and stuff… oi it was interesting.. but now theres iraqi dust all over EVERYTHING……ahhhhh lol T__T.. ah well… better than baking in a metal box all night πŸ˜†

Laurie
          Participant

aharttsx wrote:

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

I WANTS CHILI MAC…or or or CHICKEN N NOODLES…. hummm the spagetti was pretty good too lol…or the pot roast…LEMON POPPY SEED POUND CAKE…but dang the MRE’s have soooo many calories XD…. i think i can buy them at the px on post when i get back πŸ˜†

thanks again for that message, Nirvanacat… guess i have to thank Laurie for that too πŸ˜€

Damn, I get around. πŸ˜‰ XD XD

Skigod377
            Participant

Hahahah! Lookit all that dust!

Hey Hart, What did you think about that storm last night? It caused a UAV to crash on short final… at least the pilots were ok!! Hahaha (UAVs are powered by remote and have no pilots so that was a little Aviation joke) It also caused two of the Hawks at my hubbys unit to spin 180 while parked! Guess they should have locked the tailwheel. Dummies. They are sooo luck nothing got damaged. My hubby called it something… but its a freak of nature… that wind that came thru had a special name. I will think of it later.

Lol… thats where my tv was before i packed it up….dust liked my tv… the dust likes anything and everything else too apparently. Yea that was a weird storm last night, we didn’t get it too bad here in LSA 16, haven’t been down at the raid site for the past few nights but i heard that the looked out the window at the raid site and the dust was soo thick that they might as well have been staring at a T-wall. It was fairly dusty here, but things were still fairly visible atleast.. then the random rain and heat lightning…. lol the guy who was fixing our ac was talking about the 2 lightning bolts that made a letter P in the sky :lol:.. and it what i found strange is that… it was like gone in an hour or so.. atleast from what i could tell from our LSA lol… lol yea that doesnt sound too good for the chopper, glad nothing bad happened. dang it.. i had to send back my riser thru standard mail instead of priority T__T…. had enough cash (i have nothing on eagle cash either T__T… but thats my fault for leaving it empty..) for standard, but not priority mail (had another package with me i had to consider too).. as long as he arrives safely ill be happy.. now im just trying to figure out what im gonna do for the next like… week or so that i think i might be here for o__o… all paperwork that involves me signing anything or being present for is completed, im almost entirely packed.. just have a few more boxes to send and im good to go. Theres virtually no work for me to do at the band hall (tis y i volunteered for raid shift in the first place lol)- my shop work would be a music librarian… which our entire library is back stateside… hmm..hopefully theyll just let me chill at back at my CHU 8)

So here i am.. waiting for my papers to finish processing…..waiting on a flight date..blablabla. I have literally nothing to do but veg on my computer T___T, everything is either packed away or shipped already. Gaahh now that i know im leaving i just wanna get outa here! So much for making it back in time for my 21st b-day =____=… still might.. but prolly wont be able to see the family by then..Nooooot that im gonna drink or anything o.o….

Skigod377
              Participant

I’ll be following you in another two months! I leave a week before my birthday so I may actually make it home on time. Sucks that we miss the tax free by so few days, though hahah!

skigod377 wrote:

I’ll be following you in another two months! I leave a week before my birthday so I may actually make it home on time. Sucks that we miss the tax free by so few days, though hahah!

Nice lol, where are you stationed again? Agreed about the whole tax thing πŸ™„ .. ah well… as long as i have enough monies to live, get me a car… and have spare cash for windstones ill be happy πŸ˜†

Skigod377
                Participant

Hawaii!! Cant wait to get back. We (several of us in the office) have already started signing up for events back home… a sprint triathalon, a 5k, and a 10k run. We just wanna GOOOOOO!

Ok… *start rant* So its been a little over 2 weeks since they told me that im going home, and yet here i still am. Idk exactly what processes it has to go thru and whatnot but i do know this – that it doesnt freakin take 2 weeks to sign a dang piece of paper. Rumor has it that the battalion commander is trying to find some reason for me to stay, or find some way to get me the help they think i need here in theater when my command, the chaplains, and medical personal have done all that can be possibly done and all agree that its best to send me home. So as soon as she gets off her a** and realizes that its already been tried and simply not possible to get the help i need and signs the freakin paper, the sooner i can go home. Ive been trying to be patient about it and trying to look at the brighter side of things that for one im going home soon, far earlier than everyone else. They come and pull me off my night raid shift where i had everything flowing smoothly because they said they were sending me home. SO if theyre going to send me home, dang it F******G send me home already, if not, put me back on the dam schedule i was on prior to all this crap happening. for the past 2 weeks ive been sitting in the office, with literally NOTHING to do, and my nco got chewed out for sending me back to the CHU’s for that reason so now i have to be there all day and the longer im here, the more bs stuff theyre going to find for me to do including painting yet another frickin T-wall which ive already expressed to them that i REALLY dont want to paint for multiple reasons. I already ruined almost all of my uniforms, my tan t-shirts have paint stains, my boots have paint stains, my rifle sling has paint stains, my Rifle has paint stains, and with what happened with the last project where i was exposed to the thinner and paint fumes so much that i started bleeding from both nostrils – and that was in an outdoor environment. Not to mention my eyes are very sensitive to sunlight and i cant tolerate being outside painting all day and i refuse to paint during the day anymore. the whole project is just stupid, and the problem with me being the painter is that if i start painting, then find out im leaving in the middle of it, that means someone else has to pick up where i left off.. and it most likely will not just be the same if i had just done it myself… And now i have like 50 sgts on my ass for stupid little things, babying me, making me make a log over every little thing that i do and when i do it and have to go to them so they can sign and approve it blablabla, i just wanna be left the f**k alone, want everyone off my f*****g back, and i swear if i find out that the BC keeps me here anyway… im seriously gonna be one pissed off soldier… telling me that im going home and when i have a foot out the door with my gear on my back, slap me across the face and push me back inside saying “Whoops sorry, just kidding..”.. Its getting hard to keep my temper down at a controllable level, already talked to some of the guys today, they better get this thing moving along, they better get me home… and soon… *end rant*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.