fbpx

omg…

Home Forums Miscellany Community omg…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author

This afternoon, a person in my unit came and knocked on my door, waking me up. He gave me some news thats both good.. and bad news… But mostly good in this case. I found out that I’m going to be leaving Iraq and getting redeployed back to the states – 5 months earlier than i thought i would have. Im told that im expected to be going back within the next week or so, which means ill be back before my 21st birthday. I have a bunch of mixed feelings about this, and it really shocked me… and it still hasnt really sunk in just yet. I mean im… happy beyond all belief that im coming home, and get to see my family and stuff…. but…a part of me wants to stay and serve out the rest of the deployment with the rest of my unit. A part of me feels that ive failed… that im not ‘soldier’ enough… if that makes sense because of this… and that im getting an easy way out… this whole thing came to be because of those seizure-like attacks i had a few weeks ago. I had talked to the chaplain here, one who i thought i could trust about that issue, and others related to that. I thought i had left those sessions on good terms, but apparently he went to my command.. and told them that they think its best that i go back, that being over was probably too stressful for me. With that they considered me to be a high risk soldier… which i think is utterly ridiculous… and the few others that know also agree.. It kinda makes me a little mad.. that all i wanted was someone to talk to about issues i was having and then they go and turn around and pull that card on me… there just soo much to think about…. i need to start packing, how im going to get all my stuff back, what if my packages (including a red fire riser DX) dont arrive by the time i have to leave, have to change my schedual from night shift to day shift then re-adjust to the time back at home/jet lag, i wonder what im going to be doing when i get back to the states,i have to start practicing and re-memorize all the music that im supposed to know (in the band), if im going to see my family when i get back or not….. to be honest…. i think this adds a great deal more stress than it would have had i just stayed here with everyone else…. but i guess it will all be worth it when im home in my own room and with my family… and have access working, decently priced internet…

Bodine
    Participant

It’s all good…you’ll see πŸ™‚

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Rachel
      Participant

I agree with bodine. It’s really no fault of your own, so you can’t blame yourself. And, honestly, everyone was just doing their job. You haven’t been discharged, so that’s good, too. Congrats on being able to come home!

Jasmine
        Participant

They just care about your health. Try not to be too hard on them. And yes, things will work out. We’re all behind you!! πŸ˜€

Laurie
          Participant

I’m glad you’re coming home, one less person to worry about over there. You might stick Ski in your pocket for the ride home too, the uniforms are big enough. πŸ˜‰

dragonmedley
            Participant

Jasmine wrote:

They just care about your health. Try not to be too hard on them. And yes, things will work out. We’re all behind you!! πŸ˜€

My thoughts exactly.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jasmine wrote:

I triple this πŸ™‚ It’ll all work out!

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Ditto to all! :yes: We want our troops home and safe! And on a side note – Thank you so, so much from my family and myself; we depend on people like you and ski to keep us here at home safe and sound :yes: :yes: and with our liberty and freedoms intact. “Thank you” is terribly inadequate for the sacrifice you make on our behalf every day. I am humbled by the “load” that folks like you and ski shoulder every day; so come home safely and with no guilt about being sent home. You’ve done your part and now it’s time to give someone else the opportunity to serve.

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

It is SO not your fault. It is good you are leaving, and about the ‘feeling like you let people down’, don’t worry about it. If your brother & sister comrades know that its for your health and for you to get better, they will understand and want you to go because they feel that they want what’s best for you. They haven’t lost a comrade, they gained a friend and partner-in-arms. If they won’t, they weren’t really your friends anyway.

Besides, if luck is amazing and the world wants to pay you back, your packages will get there before you leave. I wish it upon you. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                Participant

Since I deployed late, I know exactly how you feel about wanting to be with your unit. Being sent home has absolutely NOTHING to do with you not being ‘good enough.’ The command has an obligation to bring every Soldier home in the best possible condition. If the mission and optempo allows for you to go home, then they will take your health into consideration and do whats best for you. Leadership cannot take risks with Soldiers health and being ‘high risk’ just means that because of the faint, you have the potential to get hurt in more situations than the average bear. Just think about this: What if one of my troops passed out and no cause could be found? Could I put him 10 feet above the ground on an aircraft? What if he fell off and got hurt? What if he fell off and DIED?? Could I go to my leadership and that Soldiers’ family and tell them I did everything I could to prevent him from getting hurt? No. That is all your command is trying to do. Keep you safe. They cant put you in a situation that is more dangerous than necessary. And the Chaplain has an obligation to go to the command with situations like yours because it affects others. Thats all, girl. You did more than 98% of America just by volunteering for the Army during combat and coming out here. :yes:

skigod377 wrote:

Since I deployed late, I know exactly how you feel about wanting to be with your unit. Being sent home has absolutely NOTHING to do with you not being ‘good enough.’ The command has an obligation to bring every Soldier home in the best possible condition. If the mission and optempo allows for you to go home, then they will take your health into consideration and do whats best for you. Leadership cannot take risks with Soldiers health and being ‘high risk’ just means that because of the faint, you have the potential to get hurt in more situations than the average bear. Just think about this: What if one of my troops passed out and no cause could be found? Could I put him 10 feet above the ground on an aircraft? What if he fell off and got hurt? What if he fell off and DIED?? Could I go to my leadership and that Soldiers’ family and tell them I did everything I could to prevent him from getting hurt? No. That is all your command is trying to do. Keep you safe. They cant put you in a situation that is more dangerous than necessary. And the Chaplain has an obligation to go to the command with situations like yours because it affects others. Thats all, girl. You did more than 98% of America just by volunteering for the Army during combat and coming out here. :yes:

AMEN!!! πŸ™‚

Bob

My thoughts EXACTLY

LadyFirebird
                    Participant

Add me to the list of agreeing with all that is said! πŸ™‚

lamortefille
                      Participant

I agree as well!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.