Oldies but goodies, where have we all gone? (Now rated MA)

Home Forums Miscellany Community Oldies but goodies, where have we all gone? (Now rated MA)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

I know I’ve been known to take my leaves of absince, but I can’t stay away from you guys, you’re too funny and weird! Just like me! <3 Anyway, I've been looking though old posts and newer ones and have been missing a lot of people that used to be really prominent in the community. Where are they now? Who has heard from them? So I suppose this thread is one of reminiscence and ouiji where we get to bring back those who may have lost their way back to us. I'm just gonna start a quick list, feel free to add anyone that I haven't listed or second those you miss too!

Vantid (haven’t seen her in AGES though I’m sure she’s around…wonder if she’s still getting manicures 😀 )
      Chessapeaka (Not like we’ve really “lost” her, but she doesn’t visit us very often 🙁 )
      Skigod (She’s falling behind…someone might actualy catch up to her!! 😮 just kidding…)
      Sunhawk
      SPark
      Littleironhorse
      Mimi (I’ve seen her periodicaly but she doesn’t come around much anymore either 🙁 I have some squirrel pics and stories for her)
      whippetluv
      Cheryl (last I talked to her she was taking a serious break for financial reasons and didn’t want to be tempted)
      Nytetyger
      Keplilly (think I’ve seen here once or twice in the last month? maybe?)
      Zelda
      Arlla (Lurking, but I’m sure she’s too busy painting to hang out much =P hope all is well!)
      Watergazer (I miss her and her PYOs I feel SOO lucky to have gotten her Froggie Dragon)
      Lyomoonheart
      Dragonessjade (Says she was on last month but don’t see her posting…..am really thinking about trading her Jen’s Dragon for the Resplendent Griffy =P)
      Starbreeze (Quit lurking I miss you….*searches for Nutella to bribe back into posting*)
      Emerald (You too, quit lurking…)
      Dark_zorse
      tfsculptures
      Ruffian
      Goldragon
      Trottier
      Kujacker
      Maebnus
      Dracomancer (Didn’t he go emo on us and leave =( miss him)
      keschete
      sapphire
      Phoenixtears

And I’m sure there are many many more that I missed, but this list is pretty much in order from veterans at the top. If I forgot to mention you it’s not because I don’t like you 😛 .

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

Let me see if I can give you some sort of update…

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Vantid – She went and got lost in the woods somewhere. Her last post was ages ago, showing awesome nature pictures.
          Chessapeaka – Don’t know about her. I expect life keeps her super-busy, what with the move and all.
          Skigod – Ever since she moved to Hawaii, she got less and less time here; her life and job are taking a lot of her time. There was also a hiccup with another member, I believe.
          Sunhawk – She’s still here!
          SPark – Life pulled her away.
          Littleironhorse – She left because she wanted to stop collecting. She wanted the money for a house.
          Mimi – You know something? I don’t have a clue!!!
          whippetluv – She disappeared on us, screwing a few people in the process
          Cheryl – She was here recently, selling her collection. I suspect life pulled her away.
          Nytetyger – She drops in once in a while
          Keplilly – She’s here, but at times scarse.
          Zelda – Ditto
          Arlla – Total lurker who makes our mouths water with her painting once in a while.
          Watergazer – She disappeared, posted a video of her baby and that’s it.
          Lyomoonheart – She came back after a long absence and was gone again.
          Dragonessjade – Don’t know…
          Starbreeze – She’s there!
          Emerald – I’m not sure why she stopped posting
          Dark_zorse – She worked Fro Winstone for a while, then got a totally exciting job. She posts pics once in a while.
          tfsculptures – Yeah, I wondered about her!
          Ruffian – Oh, she’s here. Lately her dad passed away, though, so she’s been sparse.
          Goldragon – Sorry, but I’m afraid the name doesn’t ring a bell…
          Trottier – We seen her once in a while, especially in the general arts forum.
          Kujacker – He’s here. He just doesn’t post much
          Maebnus – Ever since she moved, she’s been here less and less…
          Dracomancer – He comes once in a while – the last time was to show a chinchilla rescue.
          keschete – Hey, yeah, you’re right!
          sapphire – Ditto!
          Phoenixtears – After an ‘incident’, she left. I think she still lurks, though.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jennifer
          Keymaster

I can let you know from the ones I’ve heard from:

Vantid- I talk to her almost daily. She’s no longer part of Windstone but I know she still talks with Melody and Chessie regularly. 🙂 She has been traveling around, trying very hard to sell her artwork. And it’s amazing artwork you guys, check it out sometime. http://vantid.deviantart.com/ She’s no longer lost in the woods but has been been trying very hard to make ends meet. Right now she is in Washington at a convention, selling her work. She has been in Idaho, Colorado, California, Washington, Pennsylvania, and briefly here in New York with me.

Chessie, I believe, is very busy with college and starting her life. 😀 Go Chessie!

Sunhawk still posts here, though we mostly see her haunting the Art forum! She posts on her online journal sometimes and I see her there. 🙂

Spark I know has stopped collecting Windstones. I see her post in her blog/online journal quite a lot.

whippetluv… I don’t right know what happened but last I heard she still owed people here some things :/

I think littleironhorse stopped collecting entirely and didn’t want to be tempted by coming here.

Dark_zorse is no longer with Windstone, and her job with the fish and game department has her without internet access, off in the ‘wild’, for long periods of time. As I understand she is doing well, but is usually either without internet or pretty exhausted.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
            Participant

I still talk to Star often. Im here. Just taking college, moving, and as of today im 40 weeks pregnant. A big belly gets in the way of the laptop… I have no lap!

Golddragon actually came on here and posted not too long ago. Just giving a little update.

I’m back home now, attended both services for my father, one several hours from home, the second even farther :cry:. And for the 15 months before that he was sick so I was trying to visit him as much as I could, so if I was not working I was traveling.

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

ruffian wrote:

I’m back home now, attended both services for my father, one several hours from home, the second even farther :cry:. And for the 15 months before that he was sick so I was trying to visit him as much as I could, so if I was not working I was traveling.

Oh sweetie, I’m really sorry. Sending you warm fuzzies and big hugs! It’s good to see you, and I’m glad you’re still around! Hang in there!

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I still talk to Star often. Im here. Just taking college, moving, and as of today im 40 weeks pregnant. A big belly gets in the way of the laptop… I have no lap!

Golddragon actually came on here and posted not too long ago. Just giving a little update.

Congrats on the new addition to the family!! Do you know if it’s a boy or a girl? What does your son think about it all? Give Star a big hug for me and hopefully Goldragon will be back again soon!

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

Thanks for the updates as you know them Jen and Dragonmedly! I didn’t want to copy and paste and clutter everything, but it’s good to hear that most are at least doing well! Zorse shounds like she’s having TONS of fun out in the wild! I hope she’s not getting eatted by the mosquitos! 😮 If anyone sees or hears from anyone please give them big hugs from me!

Skigod377
                    Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Congrats on the new addition to the family!! Do you know if it’s a boy or a girl? What does your son think about it all? Give Star a big hug for me and hopefully Goldragon will be back again soon!
                      Thanks girl. Its a girl… a big girl. My son is really excited. He wants a little sis.

Maria
                      Participant

I see Sunhawk and Zorse on DA regularly. Dragoness and Mimi haven’t been here in quite a while; emerald neither, now that you mention it.
                        At least Ski and Star are still around, and I sure am glad to see you back. 🙂

Lupin
                        Participant

Running on empty in multiple ways.
                          But still Lurking, just off-line.
                          Probably should update a little though.
                          Khym has been off his seizure meds for around 6 months, & since they placed his VP Shunt at around 3 weeks we’ve had a couple scares all but the ones last Christmas they now believe to have been him teething. Last Christmas we were told to expect him to be in for surgery any day, & with his track record it was most likely going to be Christmas EVE/day or New years Eve/day. Nothing since then, & just saw his Neurologist & he can’t believe what where the little bugger is. Oh also working on Potty training not going too bad, the last 2 days he’s even started to pull down his pants & say he needs to go. We’ve had him “Naked Potty trained” for Months now. It’s just this whole pants part we’re having issues with.

I’ve been crying over everyone Else’s losses, & felt that everyone else had enough on their plate than to deal with mine. In May my Nan died suddenly after a fall. And we brought her home to bury her. We buried her on her & my Grandfathers Wedding anniversary. They are once again together. unfortunately the Male didn’t get to go ’cause we technically didn’t have the $$ & couldn’t even afford for me to go, but my Mom bought my Ticket(using the $$ she was saving for a house down payment) & we survived having a high energy 20 month old sit on our laps for that horrendous trip, both ways. And I had to give her “My Salute”, I was carrying her & rolled my ankle & almost dropped her as we were carrying her casket down the Church steps to the Hearse. I did some pretty bad damage to myself, but walked her to the grave. Coincidentally with in hours of her death we were getting things arranged & making flight plans when we got the call that we had also lost an Uncle. They died on Wednesday am, I worked Wednesday & Thursday night, we flew out Friday, went to my Uncles funeral on Saturday, Finished preparations & waked my Nan Saturday & Sunday, & buried her on Monday. Whirlwind tour to try & see as much family as possible before driving back to the capital & city with the airport on Wednesday,Tried to see as many as possible who were in that location on Thursday & flew back early on Friday.
                          July I fell down the stairs with Khym in my arms, & thought I had merely Sprained my ankle, & the ER said that was all, it felt different from my normal sprains, 3 weeks later I wake up & painfully manage to do some of my “Ankle Exercises” (used what I had been told over a decade ago, since they did dick squat for me at the ER) & Along with a really Loud Pop the remaining deformity (we had thought it wasn’t swelling anymore, but couldn’t “prove” it, but it sure as hell didn’t look like anything from previous experience) & 90% of the pain went away! Any one else think it was actually Dislocated? Oh & Khym was just freaked out & traumatized. And on the subject of my son’s Trauma apparently when they move those white background/drop screens at Photo Studios it sounds an awful lot like MRI/CT Scanners/X-ray machines, & Khym has a memory like an Elephant!
                          And my first baby, my 13 year old Dalmatian Jubilee is starting to feel her age. She’s also been having Kidney problems, which I think has to do with her Bladder infection last year, so she’s now on a urinary tract diet, & coming off her Prednisone. But her & Khym act just like Humanoid Siblings, you can all but hear them arguing all the time..”Mom he hit me” “Dad she looked at me funny” Oh God lord does that Son of mine abuse his Sissy-dog!! But he’s so beyond awesome with other people’s Critters!! :scratch:

There’s alot more going on, but that’s the gist of it, & why I don’t have time/energy to log on.

OH & Ski, Congrats & Good Luck!!

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

omg WOW-Lupin, I’m sorry! 🙁 Your life *does* sound like a whirlwind. I hope things settle down for you soon *hugs*

whippetluv is still on the MLP boards under the sname name (http://www.mlptp.net and http://www.mlparena.com if someone needs something from her)

Jasmine
                            Participant

Wow Lupin!! That’s a lot to deal with. Hugs hun!!

Emerald is taking classes and is very busy. You can catch her on facebook.

Oh, I’m still around. I don’t monitor this board frequently. Yet, on occasion I return. Like a bad case of athlete’s foot.

I am out there, still working with Wildlife. However, my repertoire has expanded immensely. I am now working for California Department of Fish and Game, and the U.S. Forest Service. I am also working cooperatively with California Inland Fisheries Foundations Incorporated, the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, Project Eagle Lake Rainbow Trout, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, the California Heritage Trout Program, several different local schools, and a whole bunch of other wildlife organizations.

This summer was spent in the El Dorado National Forest hooting for Spotted Owls, and kekking for Northern Goshawks. This fall, I will be helping host junior duck hunts, womens pheasant hunts, and the duck and pheasant openers. Not to mention freeze-branding thousands of trout, monitoring bald and golden eagles, counting Snow Geese and Canada Geese, and providing valuable bi-monthly reports of my monitoring for Avian Influenza, Avian Botulism, and a whole slew of other nasty avian diseases.

Needless to say, I am one busy Dark Zorse. On top of all that, I have been selected as a top candidate for a career internship with the Forest Service starting hopefully at the beginning of next year. I have some cool pictures to share, but I simply haven’t had time to post them here (You can see them at my journal, or in a few days at DA)

Somewhere in the middle of all that mess, I am going to kill my first deer this year.

I am easier tracked through livejournal and/or DeviantArt. My internet access is decent these days, so sometimes, I have important things to say.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.