fbpx

Oklahoma Tornados – More pics

Home Forums Miscellany Community Oklahoma Tornados – More pics

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Sirithiliel
    Participant

We are having another stormy night here. Please keep me and all of us in your thoughts, there is a big tornado heading right for me and I am actually on the bathroom at the moment hiding, quite scared so this helps a bit to post here

Mary
      Participant

Stay safe and we’ll pray for all the Oklahomans. From how this storm is tracking, it looks like it’s headed directly for Moore, OK again. Hearts & prayers go out to all & please stay safe in a storm cellar.

Sirithiliel
        Participant

Tornado itself is supposedly going to go under me…but that puts it in line for my mother. I am so worried please say prayers for her she is right in its path

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

Is everything okay today!? Is your mom okay?

Rusti
            Participant

Yes, once the dust settles, please let us know you’re OK!

Sirithiliel
              Participant

We’re in the clear for now. We just got really really heavy rain and right now are dealing with some flooding. My mother is okay, tornado changed direction and passed juuuust south of her, but it was a near thing. heavy flooding in here area. below are pictures she sent me of the end of her driveway and the street [hint to how deep it is…you can’t even see the curb separating lawns from the street…] and it’s still raining

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/Sirithiliel/Storm2_zpsf312a57d.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/Sirithiliel/Storm3_zpse040b40b.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/Sirithiliel/Storm4_zpsfb44ff14.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/Sirithiliel/Storm1_zps0569723d.jpg

also heard on the news a storm tracker vehicle was thrown 200 yards…

siberakh1
                Participant

Glad to hear you and your mom are OK from tonight’s tornado and that your friend and her son are OK from the previous set of storms. We just had a few tornadoes south of me a few nights ago. They just confirmed yesterday that they were EF-2s and not just straightline winds. The footage someone took was actually from the site I used to work at (I would NOT have stayed in the warehouse building I worked in… I would have totally headed to the datacenter building or the firehouse across the road.). We don’t get them too often up here (northeastern NY), but with the correct conditions and a lot of wind sheer, they do happen, usually starting around this one area thanks to the geography there. Today is actually the 15th anniversary of the one that wiped a huge swath across 2 towns south of me (my brother actually drove home that day – he didn’t know of the watches/warnings out – and experienced more than he wants to ever experience again of them).

The news just showed the weather you are having right now. Scary situation! Stay safe! I’ll be sending prayers your way tonight for sure! *hugs*

Ciarnet
                  Participant

The weather here in Oklahoma was crazy tonight. We drove down from St. Louis to attend a wedding tomorrow and ended up tangled up in the mess along I40 and 35. Not the sort of thing I ever care to repeat. There is definately some crazy flooding going on, hopes and prayers for the people who caught the worst of it.

So thankful the weather is looking clear for our trip back home on Sunday. Peeps who live in Oklahoma are some crazy brave folk. Tornados are some seriously scary stuff.

Bodine
                    Participant

Everyone stay safe as possible.I have a feeling it is going to be a rip roaring Summer,weatherwise.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Sirithiliel
                      Participant

The weather here in Oklahoma was crazy tonight. We drove down from St. Louis to attend a wedding tomorrow and ended up tangled up in the mess along I40 and 35. Not the sort of thing I ever care to repeat. There is definately some crazy flooding going on, hopes and prayers for the people who caught the worst of it.

So thankful the weather is looking clear for our trip back home on Sunday. Peeps who live in Oklahoma are some crazy brave folk. Tornados are some seriously scary stuff.

Oh gosh, you were on I40?? I’m so sorry, that looked so bad…glad you are safe, I was very worried about the people on the roads last night. Glad to hear you were okay =P hope you enjoyed your visit to crazy Oklahoma

Stormbringer777
                        Participant

I’m SO glad that those of you who have had to deal with these storms are OK!! 🙂 My thoughts and prayers go out to ALL of you 🙂

Sirithiliel
                          Participant
                            Falcolf
                            Participant

Oh gosh, I’m so glad you guys are alright! There’s been tornado warnings in Alberta before when I’ve visited there and nothing scares me quite like hearing there might be one of those on the way. I’m very grateful that no tornadoes have ever made good on those warnings yet while I’ve been on the prairie, I’m very grateful that I live in a part of British Columbia where the danger from natural disasters is pretty much limited to the forest going up like a Roman candle in the summer time. (But we might be okay from that this year… it’s been a very rainy May.)

I salute your bravery for living in Oklahoma!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Sirithiliel
                              Participant

oh wow! this is the road in front of the school my mother teaches at:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/Sirithiliel/Storm9_zps48338847.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.