Oh The Boxes! ALL THE BOXES!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Oh The Boxes! ALL THE BOXES!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

As someone on the Forum said, “And Mom told me that I’d never be able to use Tetris in real life …”
      My downstairs hall and stairwell look like that but only one layer deep. Otherwise it would take forever to find the right box. You must not be planning to ever sell or trade your big dragons.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Not any major plans at the moment no LOL! Most of the time I end up selling and trading grabs bags and smaller things so that’s why I have those boxes front and center. The sad thing is I still have a closet of pieces still in boxes I’m keeping in the house for the time being. At least now I’m cleaning out the bedroom closet, under the bed, behind the headboard, behind the couch, and all the nooks and crannies in my display room along the floor that were beginning to pile up on top of freeing space in the attic. Like I said it was beginning to look like an episode of hoarders with an aisle of boxes around my collection and as the were stacking higher they were literally blocking my shelves and my collection. The room feels SO MUCH BIGGER because I’ve looked at it like that for so long. Now I should be able to move things around and fit a new shelving unit to take the stuff in boxes out in the near future.
        Totally worth 60 bucks a month to have my house back. Now I have to TRY not to refill it with more Windstones!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nightcrow
        Participant

Isn’t that always the challenge! 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bullsquid
          Participant

I live in a medium sized apartment and I am a ravenous collector of too many things, so I’ve just had to learn to live with boxes everywhere. I should definitely get a storage locker for them. In the meantime, I’ve got a closet that is absolutely full of Windstone boxes that I have masterfully 3D Tetris’d, and boxes on lower bookshelves that don’t make for good display spaces anyways. I recently got a huge Alien statue that came in a box that’s big enough for me to fit comfortably in. That was fun to try to store unobtrusively, lol.

I should really make an effort to review my collection and sell everything I don’t love, but eh *shrug*.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

I live in a teeny one story home with NO accessible attic space. I don’t have a big collection (I think I have 18) but I finally just had to recycle most of my Windstone boxes this year as I really wanted a corner of a room to make my art in (it’s my career). I hated doing it and I know it will make things hard if I am ever in a position to sell the pieces I have. I admire all your creative solutions!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I am right there with you on the tetris-ing boxes! Trying to get them OUT of my closet to bring to storage was a puzzle in and of itself!

I am also very intrigued by your Alien statue. I am a HUGE fan and am saving up for one of the statues from Sideshow. OMG! I LOVE their stuff but it is so hard to find display spots where the kitties cannot reach! I have a couple of custom busts and a life size face hugger sculpture I commissioned from an artist on Facebook I absolutely LOVE!

And I also have been procrastinating the exact same thing for years. I do really need to do something though. Storage is almost full and I have barely made a dent in my attic. Between Windstones, Alien, and TMNT (my 3 big collectible crutches) I need to cut down somewhere LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bullsquid
                Participant

Drag0nfeathers, I got the Prime 1 dog alien deluxe maquette from Sideshow. Aliens and Windstones are definitely my main two collections. I’d love to see your custom Alien statues; maybe send me a PM and we can show off our Alien stuff without derailing the thread here. 🙂

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

OMG!!!! That’s the one of the ones I want! I’m squirreling away the Sideshow points! LOL! Is that the one with the little limited Jones accessory, oh no wait it’s the one with the little bust I think… for the exclusive anyway

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

dragonshoard
                    Participant

Dragon, I think you may have us beat or tied in dragons, at least windstone ones. All our boxes go in the attic (we actually put a floor in the attic to make storing the boxes and moving around easier). we use the big 12x12x18 and 12x18x18 outer boxes to corral the smaller ones. Even the outer shipping box for the secret keeper got repurposed into a box of boxes. Each one is labeled on the outside as to what boxes are inside and it is numbered. I am up to 38? of them. The Emps, OW, and RS are big enough to stack on their own. And as I am running out of the larger shipping boxes (not buying to many larger sculpts as the older families are pretty much complete), I may have put a lap or two on the stack ‘naked’. I have to corral and inventory about a dozen or so small ebay ones and get them up to the attic as well.

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Like Ela_Hara I also unfold and flatten my boxes. Very easy to tuck and store in a multitude of places. The small white boxes are usually nestled in a bigger box since they don’t take up that much space.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.