Oh The Boxes! ALL THE BOXES!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Oh The Boxes! ALL THE BOXES!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

So I have recently decided (after watching a couple of episodes of Hoarders) that I needed to do something about the WIndstone box situation. I don’t use my attic (which is where the boxes live) but it literally had gotten SO FULL the boxes began slowly migrating their ways in other parts of the house. Before I knew it… every room had Windstone boxes hidden somewhere like I was a squirrel storing away nuts and seeds all over the house.

I decided finally to rent a storage space…. for BOXES… literally a storage space for empty cardboard boxes. LOL! However… as I am making trips it is so nice to see my house look like a house again and not a Fed Ex warehouse. LOL!

So I ask for those out there with larger collections, where on Earth do you hide all your boxes?

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Natasha
      Participant

Oh MAN! I don’t think I have anywhere near the amount of figures that you have, but I DO have a decent sized collection. In the apartment I kept every single one (under bed, at work, in storage). Now that I have room to display all my pieces, I threw away a TON. Basically – I kept ALL my ebay boxes. I don’t plan on parting with a lot of those pieces, but if I do, I definitly want fitted boxes for them. For the GBs, I kept a few of each box, in case I need them for trade/sale shipping purposes. But since I’ve been pretty ruthless trying to trade or sell pieces I’m not completely in love with, I only need a few boxes. Most of my pieces are staying. I won’t worry about needing them for moving purposes. I adore this house, and I fully intend to live here til I die. I don’t have another move in me! We have a fairly sizeble garage, so the saved boxes are all stored there.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

etruscan
        Participant

That is a problem still to be solved. There is room in the basement for all the boxes, but our summers are so damp that I don’t want to stash the boxes there.

fatalbeauty
          Participant

my bigger boxes get stacked up in the closet….the smaller ones are in those big storage box tupperware like things and also in the closet as well….

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Ela_Hara
            Participant

I unfold my Windstone boxes and store them flat within large plastic ziplock storage bags to keep them dry. It’s not too hard to undo the lock tab flaps, but for the stubborn flaps I use a flat screwdriver to start them pulling apart. I will stack like-sized flat boxes together

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
              Blocked

In my old house I had an extra bedroom full of boxes. In a previous house I kept them in the garage and that was a bad idea because mice got into some of them and also ate a bunch of the peanuts I had packed in bags. So I only keep them inside now. In my current house I have a nice storage area under my stairs for flat and empty boxes and I have an extra room in the basement for the rest of the white and fitted boxes.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

In stoage. And inside that, they are stored in large stackable bins with lids. It can get damp in there, so the bins solved that problem.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
                  Participant

Spare bedroom.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LZ
                    Participant

I wonder if you could pull your shelves away from the walls, put the boxes against the wall, and then put the shelves in front of the boxes? It would shrink the size of the room by the width of the largest box, but the boxes would be covered up by the shelves. This is provided you use free-standing shelf units like bookcases.

Lucky for me, my boxes fit in closets, and some drawers. All my older items were bought from the mall, so they had no boxes. AND I have room for clothes in the closets still.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Interesting, it’s kind of fun to hear everyone else dealing with it in their own way.
                        This has been my progress this week… lol
                        3 trips in… Don’t mind my 2 ninja turtle sentinels

received_409387523093156

received_705064953293379

received_2700881253297133

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

LZ
                        Participant

I specifically bought this bookcase because of the drawers. They are filled with curlie boxes, mini-bean Poad bags and mother coiled dragon boxes.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Wow I love all the cases for everything Lisa <3 I have way too many for that but they display so nicely like that 😍

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Nightcrow
                            Participant

This is a conundrum I’m still trying to answer!

My house is tiny, my attic is tinier, and I have this problem where I love L A R G E sculpts the most… 🙂 Right now most of the boxes are stacked in my attic in the farthest corner with a flat floor, but I’m honestly thinking about putting some hooks in my attic beams over the unfloored part and hanging 55-gal bags of boxes from them, because other things need the floorspace more!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Angelika_Zen
                              Participant

Look at all your beans LisaZ!!!

Drag0n my current system would NOT work for you lol!!! Holy crap woman!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

I just dropped off the Moon and Sun Dragons (had to save two spots for the Violet Flames which will be in soon) I’m making the griffins and flap cats drop off on Monday LOL! So far all I have in the storage photos is Emperors, Old Warriors, Spectrals and Rising Spectrals. The boxes the turtles are on are full of all my Grab Bag Unicorn and Oriental Boxes.

I have about a dozen rubbermaid totes I am organizing all my little *white box* sculptures in and those will be the last to go in. I was hoping to fit a few more things inside but I think it’s literally going to just be Windstone boxes. I am a little proud of my tetris-like packing so far though LOL. Gotta make use of every inch of that space.

I won’t lie… I’m actually finding storing this stuff like this really fun. I know I’m weird.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.