Not sure if someone would like to know, dishonest dealer

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Not sure if someone would like to know, dishonest dealer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Pam

I would guess that he most likely didn’t know about the special care requirements. I think windstone changed the ruby paint only after they discovered it was unstable.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I bought a Ruby Old Warrior at a convention many years ago. (GenCon) The seller made some outrageous claims and I paid too much for him, but he was that really deep/rich red that was SO unstable that windstone discontinued… and I just loved the color. I keep him in a very shady spot. It bothered me then, because he didn’t mention the instability issues at all, or the special care requirements. I knew because of the forum, but other buyers might not have… He’s probably the same guy Setsunawolf already mentioned, but I’ll keep an eye out for him this year.

Outrageous claims/misleading you is NOT okay, but it’s entirely possible that he didn’t know about the special care or instability. Windstone didn’t even know for a while!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

sarah
        Participant

I saw him as well, but I was a vendor myself at Megacon this year so I wasn’t really able to go peruse his stall very much. I was curious if he had to be an official dealer to sell pyo’s from a con booth though. Small world i hope you had fun there! :3

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Oh yes! Sib also got photos of the booth as well! I’m curious for you all to see the Pyos! They look VERY familiar. I almost think they might be by one of our very own forum members.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

HE’S HERE!!! I’m currently at Anime Boston! I’m down in the lobby of the hotel on their net because my connection is a joke here! ANYWAY got the guy ON TAPE telling me a PYO phoenix he has was painted by “M.Ward” the “lead painter” at Windstone Editions. He said they sell for $295 in his galley up to $600 on ebay and he would sell it to me for just $265. Also if in the case the piece broke Margaret Ward would be the person who would fix it. (Last I knew Windstone doesn’t do repairs. (Wow this is great news they have started that huh?) My boyfriend and I played dumb like we didn’t know what they were. Later we went back and he had a white young dragon he said he would sell me for $800 and that it was so rare one sold on ebay for $1800 last week. He said he was Melodys “official rep” He had a first batch Em Pea Male and said that it was a special color run that was available to only club members and was very rare (granted there aren’t a whole lot of the more intense coloring with the extra purple but this guy was FULL OF IT!) He also had a Keeper I couldn’t get a good look at but honestly it looked a LOT like a Keeper painted by Bodine. I am almost SURE I recognize the Phoenix too as something I have seen before! Got their business card as he was trying to convince this other sap he was selling a REAL ruby that was about the size of a nickle for $60. The name is Imagine That… Galleries. When I get home I will be sending the video to John!

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

littleironhorse
              Participant

Oh Dear God please stop the BS, it’s really starting to stink here! :bigsmile:

Good catch drag0nfeather and siberakh, I can’t wait to see the pics!

Aaron
                Participant

Wow. That’s crazy. Looks like this is the link. http://www.peace4all.us/

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

O.o, what a load of bs!

hope we can see the vid and pics….

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

littleironhorse
                    Participant

…ANYWAY got the guy ON TAPE telling me a PYO phoenix he has was painted by “M.Ward” the “lead painter” at Windstone Editions… He also had a Keeper I couldn’t get a good look at but honestly it looked a LOT like a Keeper painted by Bodine….

Actually, I think that “M. Ward” IS Bodine. If so, she’ll be happy to hear of her new position no doubt!

Tara
                      Participant

That’s just disgusting. I really hope they’re not acquiring members work in order to scam people.

The name Margret Ward sounds familiar but I don’t know from where. It’s not Bodine cause she signs her PMs with a different first name.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

…ANYWAY got the guy ON TAPE telling me a PYO phoenix he has was painted by “M.Ward” the “lead painter” at Windstone Editions… He also had a Keeper I couldn’t get a good look at but honestly it looked a LOT like a Keeper painted by Bodine….

Actually, I think that “M. Ward” IS Bodine. If so, she’ll be happy to hear of her new position no doubt!

Yup, that’s Bodine – but just not Margaret. Wow, Mi, you never told us you were the lead painter. You sneaky girl, you! 😀

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Trying to text this from my phone. Sorry for typos. First the guy said m. Ward (that’s how it was signed) then later he used the name margaret as her first name after loading up the bs about how he was melodys official rep. The pieces just looked like ones I have seen bodine paint. It was a guess but if that’s her then there you have it. The phoenix was the only one I got my hands on. It was a sort of metallic cream and yellow with purple accent stripes. The felt pad read m.ward and also said something like lemoire on it. I’m assuming that was the paint scheme name? Yea. I’m sure bodine will be thrilled with her new position at windstone! Lol! Ill try to get a photo for myself today if I can.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Wow. That’s crazy. Looks like this is the link. http://www.peace4all.us/

Yup. That’s the website on the card I have!

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Scathach
                              Participant

It’s so unfortunate that M. Ward (Bodine)’s name is being used so improperly. The sad thing about the world is that there are a great many dishonest people in it who misrepresent themselves and products in order to make themselves look better or more important.

I am quite sure the M.Ward (Bodine) would never have made a claim to be the head painter at Windstone and equally sure that the seller is flat out lying for his own purposes.

Back in my earlier days of collecting, I attempted to purcahse something from this particular seller from their online store (I recognized the link) and have them bookmarked as “do not shop here”.

Conversely, I have had extensive experience with M. Ward (Bodine) and know what and honest and straightforward person she is.

Given the above, it is clear to me where the deception lies.

Considering the nature of people as well as the nature of the secondary market, it is impossible to stop people from lying about a piece after it has left the seller’s hands. All you have to do is look back in this thread and seee that sellers have had no qualms about misrepresenting peacock (and other) dragons.

Further, taking into account how many discussions there have been on the forum about fakes on ebay etc, it’s sadly not surprising that some sellers will take this disreputable behaviour into the world of conventions. I’m sure that at the conventions, just as in flea markets and garage sales, the sellers are hoping to make a quick buck off an uneducated buyer, hoping never to see them again.

As always, it’s buyer beware. When in doubt about fakes, check with John!

Life is beautiful.

littleironhorse
                                Participant

I’m sure no one in this thread is saying that Bodine has anything to do with this scam artist. I certainly did not mean anything of the sort. This guy just got some of her work, possibly off ebay, and is weaving his lies around them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.