No PMs…no ads?!

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback No PMs…no ads?!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

I need help-and honestly I’ve been away from the forum for too long to sit and read through 10 pages of topics and replies. I’m not seeing ANY pms, past or current. I messaged someone and I don’t know if she’s ignoring me or if she never got my message or I never got her reply.

Also, none of my for sale ads are being posted. I’m getting an error message saying it needs admin approval *hits head on desk* that’s such a hassle! Can we do away with that?

Kim
      Blocked

Yeah I had to message Clay in another thread to approve all my ads. My pms are all here and working though so has anyone else had problems?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

WolfenMachine
        Participant

Can I PM you Kim and let me know if you get it

Kim
          Blocked

Okay. I got it and messaged you back.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Yea I think all the old PMs got erased with the new upgrade (which kinda stinks since it had like… every address of every forum member I ever dealt with, LOL)

And I can’t get my ads to go up either. They need to be “approved by the administrator”

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Rylorien
              Participant

All of my messages carried over fine, but they were “hidden”. If you go to the Messages tab in your account info, there’s four categories under the main bar: Inbox, Starred, Sent, and Compose. I found most of my messages under the Sent tab upon clicking it.

For me, aside from ads requiring approval (something I’m sure they’re working on as I doubt they want to waste their time every day to do just that), the biggest problem is the cover photos. Even when I use the recommended size the image gets cut off. And if a picture isn’t loaded for it, it seems to completely block the main bar of tabs (listings, messages, etc) unless I stop the page before it completely loads.

Kim
                Blocked

I just checked my messages again and over 600 are showing in the sent tab and over 300 in inbox so not sure if that is how many there have been total but I noticed I think I am missing a few. Drag0nfeathers I found a couple of messages that were between you and me but it’s weird because only mine in the conversation are showing up and it says I am alone in the conversation so all of yours have disappeared. Did you delete the old account or start a new one? The other person’s messages I can’t find are Werepanther’s if anyone knows if she is still on here or under a different name? Another confusing thing is that some people’s accounts are just showing first names now so it looks like they haven’t updated the new site with their old forum names. So now I am trying to figure out who is who.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Admin approval of classifieds is not intended to be permanent. Most (small) sites such as ours that have a classifieds section require users to pay to sell items, and so admin approval is built into the software that runs it. Clay has been working hard to get this all fixed, please be patient. Remember, ads here are free, and are actually costing Windstone money to run…! Anyhow, Clay is your guy for fixing this. Please see these posts:

Clay can also help you recover your PMs, if you can’t find them in the new subfolders (go to Messages -> Sent to see if they are there, first).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

You bet– we don’t want to have to approve ads any more than you want to wait for us to approve them 🙂

As for the cover image problem, what browser are you using? On a computer or mobile device? I’m trying to replicate your problem but I can’t seem to.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

All of my PMs and many others made it in tact… Have you been in touch with Clay? They may be recoverable!

Also I highly recommend folks do business deals via email, just so you have a better record of things like addresses, prices, etc. I can’t tell you the number of forums I’ve used over the years where an update or server problem nuked my PMs and I lost that info. It’s too transient… use email! Emails are usually easier to search, too, years down the line (from experience, when old problems pop back up…).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.