fbpx

new pyos: when might we see them?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody new pyos: when might we see them?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

So, we know that orientals and now kitsune are also in the works to be pyos. And I am so stoked!! For the last couple weeks I’ve been debating if/when I should invest in getting some PYOs shipped to me. It looks like I’m going to have some money coming my way for my birthday, so I’m thinking it’s going to happen sooner than later!

It’s just a matter of how *much* sooner, because I’m curious about ETAs for pieces not yet stocked. We’ve recently seen preview pics of both the kitsune and oriental. Are these still several months down the road (at least) in development? Or are they going to be available much sooner?

I hate to ask because I know how impatient it must sound, and I know these things are kind of nebulous and I definitely don’t want to gang up or demand anything faster than the lovely folks at Windstone can handle–I know it’s a small business and you’ve got a lot on your plates as is. But I would also feel really, really silly if I placed an order in the middle of July and then in August the kitsune and/or oriental suddenly became available. An on the OTHER hand, I definitely don’t want to hold off in the hopes of something in a few more weeks if they won’t be ready until, say, December or later.

So any words you might have would be much appreciated. πŸ™‚ Thank you for your time Melody. (And anyone else who happens to chime in.)

Scathach
      Participant

I was wondering this, too.

I don’t recall seeing any picutres of the PYO oriental. If there’s a link to a picture of one or to another thread, I’d really appreciate it.

Just love the creative design that keeps on coming! Wow! πŸ˜€

Life is beautiful.

Sirithiliel
        Participant

I’m quite excited for the PYO Oriental! I’d love to know a estimate time frame of when he might be available, as I’m saving up to afford him and I’d hate to miss the batch! =P

Kiya
          Participant

I think the kitsune may be ahead of the PYO orientals – I don’t know if those have had a test paint yet and they still looked to be in the sculpting phase when I was there. Also not sure if they need to have horns cast or if they are taking the same horns as the other orientals. I have a photo I took at the factory, I just need to put copyright info on it before I post. I’ll try to do that today unless Melody can post one sooner.

Kiya
            Participant

Also, not saying it ALWAYS takes this long – but the first test paint that Melody posted for the kitty griffin was on 6/1/2013. Kitty griffins didn’t go on sale until 5/8/2014.

PYO Foo moms were first shown painted on 8/21/12 – they were not released until 2/1/13.

PYO Foo dads were shown in casting on 9/21/12 – they were not released until 4/14/14.

Even after the sculpting ends, they have to cast them, dry them, scrape them, make pads, boxes, enough eyes in various colors, set a price, etc.

Basically – you probably have awhile. πŸ™‚

Melody
              Keymaster

The Orientals are a way down the line. Dragons take a really long time to finish.
                The little Kitsune is ahead of them, and is in the mold dept right now.
                The Kitusne just needs production molds and mold cases made. The sculpt is finished.

etruscan
                Participant

I don’t recall seeing any picutres of the PYO oriental. If there’s a link to a picture of one or to another thread, I’d really appreciate it.

Melody had a photo in her Blog in February and a bit of discussion of “work in progress” pieces.

http://windstoneeditions.com/blog/oriental-dragon-pyo

It showed a rough version of the PYO oriental – I expect the sculpt has been refined since then. πŸ™‚

Melody also has said there may be a PYO oriental “family”. I don’t recall seeing photos of the new family members.

Lauren
                  Participant

I only saw a close up of the detail work she’d been doing with the scales, iirc, because I remember we discussed whether not people wanted detailed scales or undetailed and I and at least one other person volunteered to learn to sand so we could have the PYOs faster. XD

Thank you Melody and Kiya! This does help to answer my questions I think.

Kiya
                    Participant

Melody also has said there may be a PYO oriental “family”. I don’t recall seeing photos of the new family members.

There were two of them facing opposite directions when I was there. I didn’t see any others (but I didn’t dig too much). I’ll poke around my photos tonight after work.

Lauren
                      Participant

Well this is super exciting!! More WIP photos is always a wonderful thing. And I’ve been dying of curiosity about the “family” so getting to see the other one (although it sounded like the baby was not made yet) would be really exciting, too. Thanks Kiya!

Scathach
                        Participant

Melody had a photo in her Blog in February and a bit of discussion of “work in progress” pieces.

http://windstoneeditions.com/blog/oriental-dragon-pyo

It showed a rough version of the PYO oriental – I expect the sculpt has been refined since then. πŸ™‚

Thanks etruscan :). Much appreciated.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
                          Participant

The Orientals are a way down the line. Dragons take a really long time to finish.
                            The little Kitsune is ahead of them, and is in the mold dept right now.
                            The Kitusne just needs production molds and mold cases made. The sculpt is finished.

Thanks Melody. Gives me time.

Life is beautiful.

Kiya
                            Participant

Here is the photo I took at the factory – it’s not great, but you can see both of these guys are still in progress. πŸ™‚

photo Orientals_zps586bc6a8.png

Scathach
                              Participant

Thanks, Kiya!

I see flap kitties in the background, too.

Life is beautiful.

Lauren
                                Participant

Eeeee thank you for that picture Kiya!!! I am so excited. Ah, if only great art didn’t take so much time. But some day! SOMEDAY.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.