fbpx

Need some help!

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Need some help!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    megamibabe16
    Participant

My vote goes to #2. He is just too adorable and I just love his coloring. I am not too fond of solid colored dogs. The eyes, the eyes I just cannot look away from them.

siberakh1
      Participant

ddvm wrote:

I would go for boy #2 – showing is very political and even the best dog often does place well if not shown by a professional. I had a friend who tried to show a dog and kept placing last until she hired a professional to show the dog. Then the dog championed in just a few shows! She was placing first with judges that had placed her last. So unless you have an “in” with the show police I would go for the pet. (Besides he’s cute!)

Yes. That. My music fraternity little used to show dogs growing up (I think she showed Newfoundlands as a junior handler). It really can be a cutthroat business, but rewarding to those who enjoy and wish to pursue it. I also know someone who would have his great danes shown until he lost most of them to old age… his harlequin was his favorite and he couldn’t bear to go through with that loss again, so he hasn’t gotten any more danes since… he has Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers now). You also wouldn’t be dealing with the AKC (CKC might be a bit different). However if you don’t have any kennel clubs there or any way to start training him, it would be a waste if he has the conformation, sound foundation and the lines. You still get a pet with # 1 (since show dogs are pets too on their down time 🙂 and I don’t believe you do much, if any clipping on an Afghan), but if you think his talents would go to waste, I’d go for # 2 if he speaks to you. 🙂 They’re both real cuties. Would you be the handler in the ring or would you have someone else do the handling?

I would be showing, its a blast!!

Skigod377
        Participant

If you decide to get one now, I would go with whichever’s personality you like better… but the second pup is cuter. (I said Wait)

I have also decided to wait, ruffian kinda took a bad turn 😥

Maria
          Participant

Aw, I’m sorry ruff. I hope he gets better.

megamibabe16
            Participant

I hope Ruffian recovers soon.

machineguts
              Participant

I’m sorry to hear that! 🙁 I hope Ruffian gets well soon!

siberakh1
                Participant

Oh no! Sending good vibes and well wishes to a speedy recovery for Ruffian.

Ruffian is my 15 year old Shiba Inu bitch, and she is aging, which we have been dealing with, she is deaf, and at least partially blind, she has been slowing down, again expected, but she snapped at me the other day when I woke her up to go outside. I have not had to make her up since then though so I hope it was a one time thing. But I am not willing to put a pup in a situation that it might get bitten because it startles her. Everyone says she will let me know when she is ready to go, she just hasnt done so yet 😥 .

Bodine
                  Participant

Bless y’all’s hearts 😥 Warm thoughts and good wishes.I have two aging on me and I dread the days myself.Much Luck…

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Tonka is 13, and doing pretty good, better than her for the most part, other than he is getting harder and harder to travel with. We also have to set up a video camera to see how he reacts without her here sometime soon, he is very attached to her and has never done well without her, I just hope he will accept Gage as a replacement.

Never again will I have to dogs so close in age, unless they are from very different breeds with very different life spans.

Skigod377
                    Participant

ruffian wrote:

Tonka is 13, and doing pretty good, better than her for the most part, other than he is getting harder and harder to travel with. We also have to set up a video camera to see how he reacts without her here sometime soon, he is very attached to her and has never done well without her, I just hope he will accept Gage as a replacement.

Never again will I have to dogs so close in age, unless they are from very different breeds with very different life spans.
                      I got Rab and Moocah at the same time but Rab died already at 8 and Moocah, at 10, is still going strong. Same breed, same size. I think its important for a dog to have a pal, of similar age, that they can talk to and reminisce about the old days with. Its harder on us to watch them fade, but I think its nice that your dogs can grow old together. I am sorry that they are getting older, though… they just dont live long enough, imo. I worry that Moocah will be gone soon… 10 is pretty up there for a Rott. My hubbys dog is 12, but she is smaller (45lbs) so she may have a few years left on her yet. Its never easy but they have had a nice long (for a doggy) life with a caring owner. 🙂

Its not just them passing on close together, that is part though, its also having 2 aging dogs, worrying about health problems and added vet bills. The way I would prefer is to have 5 years between, that way I will probably not have only one dog, at least not for very long.

Skigod377
                      Participant

ruffian wrote:

Its not just them passing on close together, that is part though, its also having 2 aging dogs, worrying about health problems and added vet bills. The way I would prefer is to have 5 years between, that way I will probably not have only one dog, at least not for very long.

Ahhh… Didnt think about vet bills. Yeah, that would be tough.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.