Need some help!

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Need some help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Mom:

Dad:

Boy #1:

Boy #2:

So do I take boy one and try to show him, do I take boy 2 and have him as just a pet, or do I say no to both and wait the 2 years I was supposed to be waiting when I started this whole find an Afghan breeder? πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Maria
    Participant

I have no idea what you should do, Ruffian, but thos puppies sure are cute. If it were me, though, I’d dread all the brushing they’re going to need when their hair grows out! 😳

Thats part of what I am looking forward too, I must be twisted 😈

If I have boy #2 and i am not showing then if can cut his fur short if I so decide.

I would love LOVE LOVE to show again, but there is no kennel club here, thus no conformation classes, or way to start training him, and it would be such a same to ruin him.

Bodine
      Participant

awww factor here.How cute they are. πŸ™‚ That is a tough choice.It looks like the little black one was born to show.Look at the stance and look in his eyes,something going on in there. Baby number 2,looook.Who wouldn’t love that face?Me? If I had my druthers,both XD I’m no help…

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

dragonmedley
        Participant

I’m a pet more than a show person, so I voted #2. Plus that little guy’s face just melted me down, a lot more so than his brother’s. The heart shape on the forehead, the pale face and all… what a cutie!

BTW, methinks you’re just not ready to wait…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
          Participant

I just love boy #1…but it would be hard to walk away from #2 too! πŸ˜†

But since you say there’s not much around for training resources…that might shift the balance. πŸ™„

Andrea
            Participant

So why isn’t “Take both and have one for a pet and one to show” an option??? πŸ˜€

I would got with your heart. What does the inner you tell you to do?
              I got Frodo just as a pet but it turned out he did great at the shows.
              So… If you like #2 better, get him and he might surprise you…

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Sorry, I wouldn’t be much help either–more of a pet person and wouldn’t know first thing about what to look for in a show potential. But I am good in the cute department<3 and I go for #2 as well! They're both cute but something about #2–soft look saying take me pleeeeeease! πŸ˜€

Rachel
                Participant

Phoenix wrote:

So why isn’t “Take both and have one for a pet and one to show” an option??? πŸ˜€

I would got with your heart. What does the inner you tell you to do?
                  I got Frodo just as a pet but it turned out he did great at the shows.
                  So… If you like #2 better, get him and he might surprise you…

I’m personally of the mind that first of all, #2 is adooooorable. And second, if there’s no support group/community available for proper training/handling for shows, #2 is the better option. *IF* they’ll let you try to show him (a lot of breeders put it in the contract that non-show quality dogs must be neutered, and dogs that aren’t intact can’t be shown), it might be worthwhile showing just for fun. I can see he’ll be a beautiful dog, but I don’t know anything about the standards.

If there’s no support for you to start showing Boy #1, then I would go for Boy #2 and not ruin the potential, as you say. But they are both SO CUTE! πŸ˜€

NUMBER 2!!!! He’s so adorable, and you will be glad down the road that you can give him “Hair cuts”. πŸ˜‰

Purplecat
                  Participant

I would spend time interacting with both and find out which i got along with better….but I think of them more as pets…..less as ‘show animals” I know nothing really about showing dogs…but they’re both adorable.

I would go for boy #2 – showing is very political and even the best dog often does place well if not shown by a professional. I had a friend who tried to show a dog and kept placing last until she hired a professional to show the dog. Then the dog championed in just a few shows! She was placing first with judges that had placed her last. So unless you have an “in” with the show police I would go for the pet. (Besides he’s cute!)

Politics in the CKC are not as bad as with the AKC, and I tend to go to smaller shows, the pros tend to be at the larger shows.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.