fbpx

My turn now? Eeep!

Home Forums Miscellany Community My turn now? Eeep!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

Anime has different age groups. That’s what I like about it. There is anime for every age and it has a story. I can’t stand a lot of the stuff on now…Sponge Bob Square Pants would be on my NEVER list. I don’t care what they say, the humor in that is not for kids.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Oh I quite agree with you on SpongeBob. That’s part of why we only watch Playhouse Disney in the mornings if we are watching tv. All of those shows are quite child-friendly. I just hate it when Disney starts to screw with the schedule before the older kids get out of school. Playhouse Disney loses an hour off it’s timeblock. πŸ‘Ώ It really irks me how preschoolers get the short end of the stick a lot of times.

On base there are almost no programs available for children 5 and under. Then there’s screenings that are available only if your child is 36 months and under. What’s up with that? Kids that are older than that should still be allowed to participate in those screenings (mostly developmental) as well.

Skigod377
        Participant

What a cute boy and congrats on your forum!!

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Thank you on both counts! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
            Participant

Yay!!! It’s Peg’s turn!!! Congrats!!! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

It’s been a while, but Gavin has actually pulled He-Man, She-Ra, My Little Pony AND Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer out of the video clost to watch. I love the old classic 1980s cartoons. Most of them are much better (story wise and occasionally art wise) than the new stuff that’s put out now.

Wow!!! She-Ra!!! I haven’t thought about her in a long time!!!

You’re right about the cartoons. They were much better then.

I agree with the spongebob. I was in Montreal a few years back, and saw a spongebob stall on the street. They were lucky I didn’t have a lighter. 😈

Firebug!

Maria
                Participant

Cute little boy, Pegasi. And congrats on your turn. πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                  Participant

Your son is adorable! Congrats on getting the hot seat! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Oh I quite agree with you on SpongeBob. That’s part of why we only watch Playhouse Disney in the mornings if we are watching tv. All of those shows are quite child-friendly. I just hate it when Disney starts to screw with the schedule before the older kids get out of school. Playhouse Disney loses an hour off it’s timeblock. πŸ‘Ώ It really irks me how preschoolers get the short end of the stick a lot of times.

On base there are almost no programs available for children 5 and under. Then there’s screenings that are available only if your child is 36 months and under. What’s up with that? Kids that are older than that should still be allowed to participate in those screenings (mostly developmental) as well.
                      I don’t have kids of my own, but I enjoy cartoons-anime or other. I keep track of what’s on for the rest of my family because my tolerance for children’s programming is higher than theirs.

What is a screening? I’m not familiar with that term. Disney does a pretty good job of keeping the programming kid okay, Nickelodeon use to but not so much any more. I’m glad to see there are other people who share my dislike of Sponge Bob, I really just can’t stand that show πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

The screenings are to make sure the child is developing healthy and on track with their peers. It can include things like vision, hearing and speech tests among other things. I’m not really sure myself because by the time I found out about them, my son was too old for the free ones you don’t have to make an appointment with someone (like the pediatrician). Getting an appointment for anything around here seems to take an act of congress. The base hospital (where I have to go unless I want to pay out of pocket) is severely understaffed due to the deployments. They haven’t been successful in bringing new doctors in to fill the slots of those that were deployed.

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

HHmmmm…..sounds like they should include older kids as well. Sorry your hospital’s so understaffed. The one near me just sucks. They gave me someone else’s test results after I had a hypoglycemic seizure. Told me I fainted and I was fine. It was a mess πŸ™„

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

Oh believe me I wish they would include children that are over 36 months. It’s so stupid to me that they don’t, but some of it I know is funding issues. I hate feeling like my son is slipping through the cracks on some things because he’s “too old” at three and a half.

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

“too old” at three and a half.

πŸ™„ Positively ancient. πŸ™„

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Gavin is really cute – killer eyes!

He’s probably too young yet but have you ever watched Jakers? It’s on Sprout. I like it and don’t even have kids. It’s set in Ireland – it’s about a pig, a calf and a duck. Piggly is a grandfather now so each episode starts with him and his grandsons. He tells them a story of his days as a youngster in Ireland with his best friends. The best part is there is a sheep voiced by Mel Brooks who is hysterical! (The weird thing is the other sheep are just sheep). They have pretty good stories and although there is usually a lesson they don’t necessarily pound it into your head like some shows. And it shows positive interaction of young kids with the older generation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.