My “First” Sculpture

Home Forums Miscellany Community My “First” Sculpture

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

Technically, I have made “sculptures” in school…the usual clay pot and bowl kind of things you always have to do in art class. This is my first figure sculpture. Sculpting is still an unfamiliar craft for me and I’m still learning. I was trying to make it look like hammered copper. It’s about 4 1/4” diameter.

I can’t seem to get a color accurate picture.

Prezaurian
      Participant

This is great for your first figure!  It is very coppery and looks very much like what you were going for.  The color, is that the color of the clay or did you paint it?

StormDancer
        Participant

It looks great. I Like the hammered copper look.

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Celestial Rainstorm
          Participant

Now that looks lovely! I love the texture of the piece.

Finding happiness again.

Dragoneer_88
            Participant

It’s painted clay. I used Plaid Folk Art metallic acrylic paints. If metallic clay exists, that would be awesome and I’d want!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Zexious
              Participant

Really cool medallion, dragoneer! Very Game of Thrones-esque! <3

Dragoneer_88
                Participant

Well, so there is such a thing as metallic clay. Shows how much I know! Haha!

In light of recent events…I needed a distraction and made a second sculpture. I think I work better in 3-D. Naming this one a “desert canyon drake.” Any critiques? It’s made with super sculpey original and medium. I haven’t baked it yet so I can still make changes. I haven’t decided on a paint scheme.

StormDancer
                  Participant

I think it looks fantastic.

Looking for:
                    "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

bayoudragon
                    Participant

OMG!  That’s awesome!

merrillannwhite
                      Participant

Very nice!  You should go with a rocky desert color scheme because of the name.

Kim
                        Blocked

Those are very cool!  I love the second one!  Great job!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Dragoneer_88
                          Participant

Thanks everyone. I’ve narrowed the color choices down. My sculpt reminds me heavily of a texas horned lizard, but I find the their color to be a bit dull for my taste. The next option is the beautiful collared lizard. Both lizards tend to live in rocky habitats. I’m hung up on which I should try. I’m honestly leaning toward the colorful collard lizard. What’s your vote?

Stormbreeze
                            Participant

Awesome sculpture! Since it’s so realistic, I think the brown lizard’s colors and pattern would best bring out its lifelike nature. Perhaps you could add a flash of metallic blue or green here and there, such as in the eggs.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

etruscan
                              Participant

Maybe you should combine them and create the super rare (as in, only one in captivity) Blue-Tailed Horned Lizard.

LaserDragon
                                Participant

There is a Ton of talent on this forum!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.