fbpx

my first PYO gryphon (new pics nov 28)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone my first PYO gryphon (new pics nov 28)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 339 total)
  • Author

skigod377 wrote:

Ruffian is scared of butterflies.

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh… I thought that one was pretty. I’m afraid of bees, or used to be..? XD

Skigod377
    Participant

Bees are pretty scary. 😯

skigod377 wrote:

Bees are pretty scary. 😯

(by me)

skigod377 wrote:

Bees are pretty scary. 😯

I have to tell you, i’ve been stung by wasps (though my shirt), yellowjackets (in the face), hornets (accidently swatted one into my leg cos i thought it was a mosquito :X) and all kinds of bees (one in my kiddy pool when i was little cos i thought it was already dead) LOL In the end, bees are DEFINITELY the least scary stinging insect.

I do love bumblebees though, i used to pick clover blossoms and offer them to bumblebees to drink from ^_^

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Bees are pretty scary. 😯

I have to tell you, i’ve been stung by wasps (though my shirt), yellowjackets (in the face), hornets (accidently swatted one into my leg cos i thought it was a mosquito :X) and all kinds of bees (one in my kiddy pool when i was little cos i thought it was already dead) LOL In the end, bees are DEFINITELY the least scary stinging insect.

I do love bumblebees though, i used to pick clover blossoms and offer them to bumblebees to drink from ^_^

I like these more 😛 (also taken by me)

LyoMoonheart wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Bees are pretty scary. 😯

I like these more 😛 (also taken by me)

Sadly that image didn’t show up for me @_@ But i looked at the link and i LOVE dragonflies as well, that’s a beauty you got there! 😀

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Nirvana, i loooove your gecko, what pretty eyes! ^_^ And what kind of snake do you have?

Northern Pines Gopher Snake, I got her about two weeks out of the egg, when I was 8. She is now 16 years old and 7.5′ long

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

I’ve been raising these from eggs for years, the feed on the passion fruit vine leaves and have shimmery silver spots on the bottom of the wings. The Fritillary, or Silver Spot. It’s actualy kind of cool, because the passion fruit vine has these little lumps on it, that are part of the plant, that look exactly like the eggs that the butterfly lays, perfect camoflage.

Lokie
          Participant

sunhawk wrote:

I love bumblebees. Ones that have really fuzzy butts are so cute!

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

I used to have to keep Bandit (my snake) wrapped around me like a belt when I walked through the airport x-ray machine so they didn’t know about her, then put her in her container in my bag through my sleeve when I got on the plane….Worked for years untill she got too big.

There was also one time where I was sitting in Coach right behind the bulkhead and Bandit decided that she didn’t want to sit in coach anymore and got out of her containter and crawled into the seatback pouch in one of the first class charis. Apparently that’s where they kept the extra trash bags, and the steward that found her was scared of snakes. He handled it rather well, considering, and asked the lady on the aisle seat to move to the front of first class (Bandit was in the seat in front of her). She protested untill the guy told here there was a snake in front of her…at which point I was franticly searching my bag for her. The guy then asked me to move and I asked to see the snake….after all was said and done, I got Bandit back, and got a nice long lecture from the steward, luckily he didn’t put me out on the wing for the rest of the flight! ROFL

Skigod377
              Participant

Now thats a funny snake story!

wasnt there a movie recently made about that?
                i think sam l jackson was in it?

ryliecat wrote:

wasnt there a movie recently made about that?
                i think sam l jackson was in it?

Yeah ‘Snakes on a Plane’ or something like that. Didn’t do very well here afaik.

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

Nirvana, i loooove your gecko, what pretty eyes! ^_^ And what kind of snake do you have?

Northern Pines Gopher Snake, I got her about two weeks out of the egg, when I was 8. She is now 16 years old and 7.5′ long

That’s really cool! I like her coloration, very pretty ^_^

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

I’ve been raising these from eggs for years, the feed on the passion fruit vine leaves and have shimmery silver spots on the bottom of the wings. The Fritillary, or Silver Spot. It’s actualy kind of cool, because the passion fruit vine has these little lumps on it, that are part of the plant, that look exactly like the eggs that the butterfly lays, perfect camoflage.

Wah you have much better results with your caterpillars than i ever did! LOL I love funky caterpillars like that, that are all spikey hee hee

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 339 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.