fbpx

My curlie picture

Home Forums Miscellany Community My curlie picture

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

How do you like my picture? πŸ˜‰

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300304459310&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Problem is, it’s not my auction. :negative:
      Least they could have done was ask first.
      I messenged and told them they needed to ask first next time.
      It’s not like I’m hard to get a hold of. πŸ˜•

p.s. drgnlvr your curlie might be a tad different than the one in the picture. πŸ˜• πŸ˜‰

Laurie
      Participant

Jasmine
        Participant

Okay, I saw that and thought you were selling. Not nice to steal… 😑

BDW
          Participant

πŸ˜• Does she not realized that she could get in real trouble?
            Lacking etiquette! 😑
            :nea: Not right at all…could have asked.

Jasmine
            Participant

But why the heck couldn’t she have taken a pic of her’s?? Though I guess she doesn’t have it yet…

Laurie
              Participant

I was a little upset. Maybe it was easier to use mine? I have used pictures other than my own before, but I asked first, and it was usually the same (read: exact item)

Skigod377
                Participant

There was a conversation about this person here. They never spoke up, but Nam thinks they may be a forum member. Either way, its uncool to borrow a pic without permission. That happened to Water, too, with her PYOs and the person selling couldnt come close to what Water could do.

Laurie
                  Participant

Actually she/he is a forum member. That’s why I said it’s not hard to get in touch with me.
                    What’s the going rate for picture rental? XD

Well, I’ll let you know what happens when/if I get it. I think it is VERY RUDE to “borrow” the picture without permission. 1) Maybe he/she doesn’t know any better. 2) Maybe he/she didn’t think anyone would notice 3) Maybe he/she figured it is public forum and it’s ok to take anything on it for personal use. 4) Maybe he/she was embarrassed/mortified about the pictures he/she takes and doesn’t want anyone else to know how bad they are so he/she/”borrows” one to make him/herself look better which while it is still very wrong, it’s still a little flattering to know that your picture was so good that someone thought of stealing it! 5) He/she is just being rude and unethical and unconscious and for shame!!! 6) No excuse at all!!! We’ll see when I get it what happens next! drgnlvr

Laurie
                    Participant

I’m sure it’ll be fine. But I guess we’ll be keeping an eye on our photos from now on. πŸ˜‰ I honestly probably wouldn’t even have noticed except when ebay emailed me my new search list, I couldn’t understand why my auction was still newly listed. πŸ˜•

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

An easy way to keep it from happening (picture theft) is to “watermark” the image with your ebay id in some way. I remember seeing one person listing things on ebay that had a piece of paper in the background with their name written on it. Other’s I’ve seen use photo editing software to add text (like I make the signature images). It’s sad to think you might have to do that, but if you really don’t want your picture used on someone else’s auction that’s one of the easiest ways to “prevent” it.

Laurie
                        Participant

Not that it’s a great picture or anything, just a shame it happened. πŸ˜• Like I said, just ask me. I’m easy, too easy to contact. πŸ˜‰

Actually, if you had reported it to Ebay before the auction ended, you could have even done it anonymously, just pointed out that the picture was identical to one used in auction number (your auction), Ebay would have removed their listing, and they would not have been able to relist it, until they remove they copied content. I was reported once, when selling concert tickets, we all use the “tour pictures” in our ticket ads, but I had 100% feedback, and lower reserve than the “powersellers”, so one of my competitors got one of my Toby Keith pair ticket ads pulled, and I had bidders already, so their bids were removed, they were told my listing was removed, and that put my ad out to where I barely had time to get them to the customer prior to the concert. But we all use that same material, so I should not have had my ad pulled, but if a seller uses another seller’s private pictures, then they are supposed to get permission. πŸ‘Ώ

Laurie
                          Participant

lol, It was a BIN, how long do you think that auction was up? I did message her thru ebay and told her not to do it again without asking first, or I would report it next time. No response, didn’t think I’d get one. But I’d be willing to bet she’s reading this thread VERY closely. πŸ˜‰
                            I still want to know what the going rate for picture borrowing is? $35.00 a minute? XD

Laurie
                            Participant

ok, sorry, but it’s 1:18 my time and I need to be up at 6am or I turn into a pumpkin. nite all!!! :bye:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.