Muse PYO swap

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Muse PYO swap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
      Participant

Let’s do a MUSE PYO swap!

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! It’s long, but pretty much exhaustive.

We don’t have a β€œdue date”, but a β€œship date”, meaning everyone will be mailing their painted piece on this date. Yes, we’ll have a whole bunch of pictures coming up all at once, but this will avoid people falling short (it’s happened in the past).

The ship date is September 13.

Prior to this date, so on September 6, Drag0nfeathers will send out a message to everyone, asking if the piece is ready. You will need to respond to her, with a picture of your piece, before September 9. If you do not send a response by that date, you will be considered out of the swap. In all, that’ll be 6 weeks to paint your piece. I’m thinking that since the Muse is the smallest of the PYOs, it *should* be quicker to paint, β€œshould” being the key word here.

Once the response is received, you will be sent the address of the person for whom you painted. That’s right! Once the names are picked out of the hat, at first, you will only get the name and color scheme of your swapee. That way, no one will mail out ahead of time and create confusion.

If people do not respond, we’ll reshuffle – hence the picture of the piece. We’ll match the existing pieces as best as we can. Hopefully, we won’t need to do it at all.

TO SIGN UP: you need to email Drag0nfeathers at:
        drag0nfeathers (at) comcast (dot) net
        No PMs, please. It will make things much easier to manage. She will confirm that she got the email as soon as she can.

The sign-up is open from July 17 to July 30. On the 31st, she’ll be draw the names and email them to you.

Make sure your forum name is the first thing in the subject line.
        Example: Dragonmedley – PYO swap/Sign me up/etc.

We will need the following information:
        1. Your full name and address
        2. Indicate if you will ship worldwide. We have members in the US, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, Iceland, UK…
        3. In this case, only Muses will be part of this (of course), so you can indicate if you want a particular theme or colors. Keep in mind that stuff like koi/tiger and anything very definite like that may not work on these little guys. You don’t have to include something to put in the beak, but you can if you want – no obligation there. Do include the Dixie cup, though – if they still come with the Muse (it’s been a while since I’ve ordered one).

A few more rules to remember:
        β€’ You are responsible for buying a blank Muse and mailing it. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
        β€’ The person for whom you’re painting will more than likely not be painting for you. This in not an outright trade, but more like
        a β€œsecret Santa” exchange.
        β€’ If you’re shipping outside your country, make the value 10$; otherwise, the person will probably have to pay duties, even if you
        indicate that the package is a gift.
        β€’ Don’t ask to have so-and-so paint your piece! This will be totally random: what comes out of the hat is it.
        β€’ It may be redundant, but make sure you double-box the piece when you send it.
        β€’ Don’t forget to sign the felt pad (inasmuch as you can on this particular one)!
        β€’ Last but not least, do not post pictures, not even in your gallery, before the person gets the piece. When you receive your piece, please acknowledge it right away in the thread (I’ll create one separately from the sign-up thread). If you can, post pictures. If you can’t, mention it, and the person who painted it will more than probably be happy to post pictures.

Let’s get to it!

Mmloda
        Participant

This sounds like fun! I’m in, I love being a part of PYO swaps! πŸ˜€

Marzena

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Okay guys! I am working a double today but I’ll get any responses from today out to you on Sunday ^_^
            Needless to say, I’m taking part in the swap as well!
            Thanks dragonmedley for getting the rules up for me!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Mmloda
            Participant

I just tried sending the email twice and it came back both times, maybe i’ll try again later on tonight!

Marzena

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Really? That’s weird. You’re sending it to drag0nfeathers@comcast.net right?

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

bayoudragon
                Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

In all, that’ll be 6 weeks to paint your piece. I’m thinking that since the Muse is the smallest of the PYOs, it *should* be quicker to paint, β€œshould” being the key word here.

heh heh… 😳 They actually take me a while, but summer camp is almost over. I’ll have plenty of time.

I’M DEFINITLEY IN!! πŸ˜€ Sending email sometime today!

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

i’m in. email sent.

Grayfire_artz
                    Participant

so in. sent e-mail

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

I’m in – sent email πŸ˜€ Boyohs are thinking about it but are more than a little intimidated seeing everyone else’s work, so we’ll see what they decide… πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

I’m in – sent email πŸ˜€ Boyohs are thinking about it but are more than a little intimidated seeing everyone else’s work, so we’ll see what they decide… πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

PSH! Your boyos should be in it! I think just about any one here would be honored to have a muse painted by the famous twin dragons!

Tara
                          Participant

I’m in – email sent. πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

E says he’d like to be included but S thinks they’re too “freaky” for his first try… Do you need E to send you a seperate email?

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

dragonmedley
                              Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

E says he’d like to be included but S thinks they’re too “freaky” for his first try… Do you need E to send you a seperate email?

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Yes, he should, since he’s a participant. He’d paint one and so would you, right? So you’d each get one. Tell ’em to send that email!

twindragonsmum
                                Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Yes, he should, since he’s a participant. He’d paint one and so would you, right? So you’d each get one. Tell ’em to send that email!

Okies! Will do! :yes:

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 185 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.