fbpx

Moving (again) and other random stuff

Home Forums Miscellany Community Moving (again) and other random stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Tyrrlin
    Participant

As some of you may know, I used to be Active Duty military, then two years ago I left Active service (and joined the National Guard) to attend college (again). This December, I graduated with my AAS in Band Instrument Repair Technology, and managed to snag a job in Fredericksburg, VA the week after graduating. The next day I found an apartment and drove back to my parents’ home in Pa to finish celebrating the holidays. This is all to the good.

However, now I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off to coordinate moving my stuff from Sioux City to Fredericksburg, as well as taking a load down in my car from Scranton, Pa. Tomorrow I fly back to Iowa to start the monumental task of pre-packing as much of my crap, err, belongings as possible (including a rather respectable collection of Windstones). All this upheaval has me underlyingly anxious, for obvious reasons. Recently, I’ve had several “life changes.” (moving, job change, major relationship change, major family event, etc.) Most people can handle maybe 1-3 in a year. In just the past six months… suicide of a friend, two deaths in the family (one completely unexpected and was the son of the “expected” one), graduating college, finding a job, moving, (hopefully) changing National Guard units…. *sighs* It’s been a very tough few months. Moving is *expensive* and I hope I’ve over-estimated the weight of my crap, err, stuff enough to have a pleasant surprise for once.

Now, based on symptoms I’ve developed in the past two weeks or so, Mom (a nurse) thinks I may have an ulcer (again). *sighs* It never ends. (Of course, one of the good things about having a constantly hurting stomach is I’ve lost five pounds since coming home for Xmas….)

This post is basically an update for those who might care, ๐Ÿ˜‰ and for those who’d like to send a few well-wishes my way. Once I move, I’ll have to update my address with Windstone so I can get all those eBay griffins I (will) win sent to the right place! ๐Ÿ™‚

Windstone collector in remission. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tyrrlin
      Participant

Adaneth
        Participant

That’s a lot of balls to keep in the air. Hope life calms down for you soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jasmine
          Participant

I hope things calm down for you soon. Hugs!!

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

Don’t you just love it when life throws the whole team at you instead of just one curve ball? Just one thing after another, after another……good enough to make one certifiable.

Tyrr keep your chin up! It will all work out in the end, that’s the good thing about us human/griffin/dragons is that we’re actualy pretty resillient. Tho it may never seem like it at the time. Well here’s to hoping your moving goes smoothly and things click into place! And big hugs for the losses in your life, those are never good. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Lots of love from our corner!

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Tell me about craziness–it is a way of life for me now! Hopefully after the move things will settle down for you. You’ve got all of us in your corner rooting for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, that IS a lot of stuff happening at once. You’ve got my sympathy as a fellow “overload of life” sufferer. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Scranton, PA, huh? My father’s side of my family is from there, and my husband and I come up there a lot to go to Steamtown. Neat place and a lot of history.

PS: feel free to “board” any and all of your Windstones here with me in NJ. hehehehe
                I can keep a good eye on them for you since I’m not going anywhere for a while. ๐Ÿ˜†

bayoudragon
                Participant

Wow, I know people say change is good, but that’s a lot at once! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Hang in there and hope things smooth out for you soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Of course we care! Hopefully, things will get sorted out nicely for you and you can get rid of that ulcer…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Tyrrlin
                    Participant

D’awwwrrr… thank you all!

I <3 <3 <3 <3 this forum! ๐Ÿ™‚

machineguts
                      Participant

Hang in there, Tyrrlin! *Hugs tight* ๐Ÿ™‚

Maria
                        Participant

Have fun packing. My sympathies are with you, seeing as how I’m doing the same thing now. ๐Ÿ˜† I hope the movers are very, very careful with your Windstones.

Tyrrlin
                          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Have fun packing. My sympathies are with you, seeing as how I’m doing the same thing now. ๐Ÿ˜† I hope the movers are very, very careful with your Windstones.

I’ve impressed on them multiple times how the Windstones have to be double-boxed. For the vast majority of my collection I kept the original boxes, so it shouldn’t be a problem…. I hope. I’ll also update my collector’s insurance to cover the new pieces. Here’s hoping for a smooth move!

Bodine
                            Participant

Yee-Haaa!!What a ride!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

darjeb
                              Participant

WOW it sounds like eveything is hitting you at the same time but most of it sounds good. Please try to calm down and take it easy before you get a bad ulcer and before you know it everything will hopefully fall in place for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.