fbpx

Mould Making?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Mould Making?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Here’s the images (to help Melody!):

It’s a really fascinating and long process, so it looks! It really gives a new appreciation to the effort, man-hours, and patience that goes into each piece we hold in our greedy little hands! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Maria
      Participant

You can say that again, Nam. It’s cool to see behind the scenes.

lamortefille
        Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Is this sculpt something that was limited edition or something being considered for future release? I think it’s great – well what i can see of it anyway… ๐Ÿ˜€

Melody
          Keymaster

Algy wrote:

I’d love to see the pics too, Melody!

I only ever found this clipping:
            Thats the one I was looking for!

Melody
            Keymaster

Melody wrote:

Algy wrote:

I’d love to see the pics too, Melody!

I only ever found this clipping:
              That’s the one I was looking for! It is a cat we produced in 1993 or so. Not very successfully.

Melody
              Keymaster

woops. I quoted the wrong thing again!

Melody
                Keymaster

Nambroth wrote:

Here’s the images (to help Melody!):

It’s a really fascinating and long process, so it looks! It really gives a new appreciation to the effort, man-hours, and patience that goes into each piece we hold in our greedy little hands! ๐Ÿ˜‰How did you do that???

Nam pasted the images from the gallery into the post using the [img] format statement:

In the above statement, I put a space after the “” so that the link would show up instead of the image — if the spaces are deleted then the image would show up like it does in Nam’s post.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

mimitrek wrote:

Nam pasted the images from the gallery into the post using the [img] format statement:

In the above statement, I put a space after the “” so that the link would show up instead of the image — if the spaces are deleted then the image would show up like it does in Nam’s post.

Exactly! You can, in theory, do that with any image online that doesn’t have an anti-hotlinking script. However it’s considered bandwidth theft to do so without permission since each person that looks at the image uses bandwidth on the original server (which costs money). I figured Melody wouldn’t mind though since she had tried to do so! And it’s pulling from the same servers)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

That’s interesting, I’d never heard of bandwidth theft before. But that makes sense, especially if you think of the worst case scenario where millions of people are using a link.

Its nice that we’re always learning stuff on this forum! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pam

For those interested in mold-making, casting, sculpting, etc, I posted a topic on this sort of stuff over at Fallen-Leaves, a model horse forum. The topic deals entirely with resins, so I don’t know how much will be applcable to someone wanting to make gypsum sculptures, but it’s worth a look.
                      http://www.fallen-leaves.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10085

http://www.hhhorses.com/moldmaking.html describes in detail the process of mold-making.

Pam, those are great links – thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.