fbpx

More Mini Keeper Colours?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody More Mini Keeper Colours?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

We just did them in shell pink!
      Colors that don’t have “edges” are a lot easier to do on this dinky dragon.

I saw that! That and the violet flames were what made me wonder if more production colours might come out eventually πŸ™‚ I think they look nice in any colour, but one has to pick and choose for budget purposes, hehe.

Kim
      Blocked

I was just thinking about these again wondering if more colours will come out on the mini keepers? I would still love a rainbow and peacock one!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

rachelled
        Participant

If the “no edges” dragons have a better chance… February is coming up, and I’d just die for a matching Amethyst to match its family and my birthstone πŸ˜‰

JynXx
          Participant

I agree, and would still love a mixed batch of Emeralds πŸ˜€
            Red eyes w/red gems, and orange eyes w/jonquil gems, pretty pretty please!!!

β†žβ†žβ‰ͺβˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING β€’β†Ÿβ€’

β€’ β–Ί By Patricia Smith β—„ β€’
            β˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
            ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
            ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

β€’ β–Ί By Melody β—„ β€’
            β˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
            β˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
            β˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

rachelled
            Participant

I agree, and would still love a mixed batch of Emeralds πŸ˜€
              Red eyes w/red gems, and orange eyes w/jonquil gems, pretty pretty please!!!

Oh yes! One to match my orange-eyed male would be amazing πŸ™‚

I’m a strong advocate of retired colours in general just to complete the families!

Lupuslunae
              Participant

I thought the MK sculpt was mostly for grab bags? Doesn’t using them for production and test paints limit the choices for painting them as grab bags?

jmoore
                Participant

I thought the MK sculpt was mostly for grab bags? Doesn’t using them for production and test paints limit the choices for painting them as grab bags?

I think it was originally meant to be mostly for grab bags, but Melody has said that she found them to be too difficult to paint as grab bags – although there may be a possibility there will be another grab bag of them, it’s possible there won’t be.

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

Sad, I never heard they were a pain to paint. Well, it makes them even more special then. Maybe a younger dragon would work well for a grab bag, like if he was freshly hatched maybe he’d have fewer scales, less detail to work on? Could call him the slimy baby dragon…

etruscan
                    Participant

Sad, I never heard they were a pain to paint. Well, it makes them even more special then. Maybe a younger dragon would work well for a grab bag, like if he was freshly hatched maybe he’d have fewer scales, less detail to work on? Could call him the slimy baby dragon…

The four Limited Production minikeepers in the store all have this sentence someplace in the description:
                      “The price reflects the large amount of time these little gems take to paint.”

If I recall correctly (and I may not) the GB minikeepers were mostly painted by a production painter and Melody added finishing touches.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.