More Mini Keeper Colours?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody More Mini Keeper Colours?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I love the blue morpho and violet flame colours on the mini keeper dragons and I am just wondering if they will come out in the rest of the production colours? I would love to see them in rainbow and peacock especially!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Stormbreeze
      Participant

That’s a really good question, Kim! I personally would like a mini keeper in a retired color like emerald.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Melody
        Keymaster

I love the blue morpho and violet flame colours on the mini keeper dragons and I am just wondering if they will come out in the rest of the production colours? I would love to see them in rainbow and peacock especially!

We could do production colors, but they are so small and detailed it takes forever to paint them … so they need to be expensive. That’s the problem with small stuff; they can take longer to paint than the larger pieces!
          I had intended to paint Mini keepers only as signed, individually painted grab bags.

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

I’m enjoying them in production colors as well, soon as I have the funds, I absolutely intend to buy a Morpho MK, it rapidly became one of my favorite dragons… and a Peacock would also look absolutely lovely in my collection (I revert back to the GB batch where there was one that looked similar to the peacock color and I LOVED it!)… and I’m thinking an Opoponox would be to die for! – (Absolute side note, the Opopnox hatcher that was on ebay was adorable! – I hope to see that color go production on more pieces!)

But this is all my opinion 🙂

JynXx
            Participant

I would love to see MKs in retired Emerald. But I think if Melody does decide to have MKs painted in Emerald, since they take so long to paint, they should come in a limited production [maybe no more than 20-50?] with orange eyes and jonquil gems instead of the red. I always thought the red eyes were too dark and didn’t provide enough contrast to the Emerald color scheme. They just sort of.. disappear. And I personally never liked the red gems xD

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
              ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
              ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
              ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
              ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
              ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
              ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Stormbreeze
              Participant

Perhaps you’re right, but I’m not sure if orange would match the rest of the family 🙁

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

JynXx
                Participant

I’m pretty sure if Windstone decides to paint MKs in retired Emerald, they’ll have red eyes and gems. But I’m hoping for a small batch of orange eyes and jonquil gems to match my little family. I know some of us have Emeralds with orange eyes and jonquil gems before Windstone decided to go with the red. I’m just putting a vote out for those of us in the minority, lol.

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Melody ◄ •

rachelled
                  Participant

I’m pretty sure if Windstone decides to paint MKs in retired Emerald, they’ll have red eyes and gems. But I’m hoping for a small batch of orange eyes and jonquil gems to match my little family. I know some of us have Emeralds with orange eyes and jonquil gems before Windstone decided to go with the red. I’m just putting a vote out for those of us in the minority, lol.

I also love this idea. I always wished orange eyes had been the default permanently (not that there’s anything wrong with red!).

Just a small orange-eyed batch maybe?

Whichever happens, if they show up in emerald I’ll be happy no matter what the eye colour 🙂

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Melody you mentioned perhaps painting Autumn Leaf colored Dragons again in another Thread – would the Mini Keeper be considered? I’d love to see an Autumn Leaf Mini Keeper! 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                      Blocked

I agree an autumn leaf mini keeper would be nice!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

JynXx
                        Participant

I also love this idea. I always wished orange eyes had been the default permanently (not that there’s anything wrong with red!).

Just a small orange-eyed batch maybe?

Whichever happens, if they show up in emerald I’ll be happy no matter what the eye colour 🙂

I, too, always wished orange eyes and jonquil gems were default for Emerald pieces. As I said in my previous post, the red eyes seemingly disappear on the Emerald dragons, and the red gems just look sore >.< I do love red eyes on other pieces, though. Just please, please, please a small batch of Emerald w/orange eyes and jonquil gems on the MKs.. that’d be awesome!

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Melody ◄ •

JynXx
                          Participant

The MK in Autumn Leaf would be epic!! I’d totally go for one of those 😀

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Melody ◄ •

rachelled
                            Participant

To chime in, since I forgot about this thread – It does sound like “Limited Production” regular colour runs could be a solution? 🙂

Melody
                              Keymaster

We just did them in shell pink!
                                Colors that don’t have “edges” are a lot easier to do on this dinky dragon.

Melody
                                Keymaster

Melody you mentioned perhaps painting Autumn Leaf colored Dragons again in another Thread – would the Mini Keeper be considered? I’d love to see an Autumn Leaf Mini Keeper! 🙂

Oog… That color is hard enough on a big dragon!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.