fbpx

Minerals/Crystals

Home Forums Miscellany Community Minerals/Crystals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

I’ve recently taken up collecting a few crystals and minerals – I was a rock hound as a kid but I didn’t keep it much as an adult. So far I just have a few small lovely crystals and I’d like to get a few more. I know several of you here have mentioned collecting minerals and I was wondering if anyone had an sources they’d be happy to share? Everything I’ve bought recently has come from Etsy or Ebay but if you have any websites or sellers you particularly like, I’d love to investigate! Thanks.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

StormDancer
      Participant

I don’t buy a lot of crystals, But when I do, I really like Exquisite Crystals. They’ve always had great customer service and quick shipping too.

http://www.exquisitecrystals.com/quartz

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Natasha
        Participant

I don’t buy a lot of crystals, But when I do, I really like Exquisite Crystals. They’ve always had great customer service and quick shipping too.

http://www.exquisitecrystals.com/quartz

I will check them out! Thanks very much.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
          ANY Red Eyed Unis
          ANY Test Paint Bat
          UNIS:
          Male- Snow Leopard TP
          Gothic - Mahogany

Zelda
          Participant

The most addictive part of geology, haha 😀 I can’t claim to have a favorite source for minerals, other than finding them myself. That way you get a good memory to go along with it, and often a much lower price tag 🙂 My favorite souvenirs from traveling are often rocks or plants. Crystals are often more alluring in a display, but I have a weak spot for agates, pegmatites, and rocks that show off interesting geological features like folds or ripple marks. If you do a web search for rockhounding in your area, I’ll bet there’s something interesting around. Many old mineral mines have been converted into fee-based rockhounding sites, where you pay to dig through the mine’s spoil pile. I’ve found some surprisingly neat stuff in roadside and landscaping gravel fill 😀

I also follow a bunch of rock and mineral blogs on Tumblr, and they’re a great way to spot minerals or crystal forms I’ve never heard of. If it intrigues me, I’ll look up on Ebay or Etsy to see what people have for sale, and have gotten a few nice specimens that way!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Betrluk1
            Participant

We have an amazing store here where i live. I also spend hours pouring over Ebay. If you ever see something online you might like, shoot me a link. I will tell you if its a good deal. Also, if you are ever looking for a specific specimen, let em know and i can head to our shop and shoot you photos.

Natasha
              Participant

We have an amazing store here where i live. I also spend hours pouring over Ebay. If you ever see something online you might like, shoot me a link. I will tell you if its a good deal. Also, if you are ever looking for a specific specimen, let em know and i can head to our shop and shoot you photos.

Aw, that’s super sweet! Thanks, Betrluk1!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                Gothic - Mahogany

Natasha
                Participant

The most addictive part of geology, haha 😀 I can’t claim to have a favorite source for minerals, other than finding them myself. That way you get a good memory to go along with it, and often a much lower price tag 🙂 My favorite souvenirs from traveling are often rocks or plants. Crystals are often more alluring in a display, but I have a weak spot for agates, pegmatites, and rocks that show off interesting geological features like folds or ripple marks. If you do a web search for rockhounding in your area, I’ll bet there’s something interesting around. Many old mineral mines have been converted into fee-based rockhounding sites, where you pay to dig through the mine’s spoil pile. I’ve found some surprisingly neat stuff in roadside and landscaping gravel fill 😀

I also follow a bunch of rock and mineral blogs on Tumblr, and they’re a great way to spot minerals or crystal forms I’ve never heard of. If it intrigues me, I’ll look up on Ebay or Etsy to see what people have for sale, and have gotten a few nice specimens that way!

It IS addictive!! The idea of finding my own is really appealing. Hmmmm. Maybe I should do some research & plan next year’s vacation around that!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  Gothic - Mahogany

Kim
                  Blocked

I used to have a nice rock and gem collection. I would mostly get mine from shows that came to town, booths at fairs or flea markets, collector’s shops or taking trips out to Banff in the mountains where they have awesome rock and gem stores. I would also find some in the mountains or rivers or along beaches when I traveled. Ebay is great for finding bulk, rough or polished stones as well. In the recent years I bought some nice, inexpensive loose gemstones off there. We also have a rock and mineral show in Calgary once or twice a year so not sure if anyone else has those where they live but I find shows and fairs bring nice pieces to sell. They may be a little more money at shows and stores though than flea markets or ebay.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Natasha
                    Participant

I used to have a nice rock and gem collection. I would mostly get mine from shows that came to town, booths at fairs or flea markets, collector’s shops or taking trips out to Banff in the mountains where they have awesome rock and gem stores. I would also find some in the mountains or rivers or along beaches when I traveled. Ebay is great for finding bulk, rough or polished stones as well. In the recent years I bought some nice, inexpensive loose gemstones off there. We also have a rock and mineral show in Calgary once or twice a year so not sure if anyone else has those where they live but I find shows and fairs bring nice pieces to sell. They may be a little more money at shows and stores though than flea markets or ebay.

Good idea! It looks like there is a mineral show about an hour from me in Novemeber! (I’m in L.A. – everything is at least an hour away in traffic 😉

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      Gothic - Mahogany

We also have an awesome shop in our town, i could do the same!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

tee hee…dragons and their hordes of shiny things….:)

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Natasha
                      Participant

We also have an awesome shop in our town, i could do the same!

Thank you! And yes….I like to hoard shinies! 😉

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        Gothic - Mahogany

Purplecat
                        Participant

This shop has decent selection on tumbled stones, I’ve been tempted by her labradorite and bloodstone specimens for a while now….

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSageGoddess?section_id=11164389&ref=shopsection_leftnav_4

Natasha
                          Participant

This shop has decent selection on tumbled stones, I’ve been tempted by her labradorite and bloodstone specimens for a while now….

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSageGoddess?section_id=11164389&ref=shopsection_leftnav_4

Awesome! Thank you!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            Gothic - Mahogany

Bodine
                            Participant

These are not like the earth crystal but here is my little collection of crystal baubles.I couldn’t find the thread on other collections we have.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.