fbpx

Messing around

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Messing around

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Chessapeaka wrote:

One of my best friends is like that! Her parents keep five horses, a donkey, and a mule in the backyard, and she just doesn’t care about it, no matter how hard they try to get her into riding. Her dad even bought her a beautiful (I mean BEAUTIFUL) palimino quarter horse, he’s got a great personality, and she just doesn’t have any interest in riding… so her dad rides him for her. I guess some people just don’t have the right mentality for it or something.

Isn’t it funny how that is sometimes? The kids with horses don’t want to ride, and the ones who would give anything to ride don’t have a horse.

By the way, I was in the latter category. ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrea
    Participant

That reminds me of the time I played hooky from work to take a ride up in the park/trail system. There was a mom walking with her little girl. When they saw me on my horse, the little girl just went bonkers! She kept saying “horse momma, horse”. Well, I couldn’t resist. I turned Cisco around and asked the mom if she could pet the horse. Mom said the girl would just die if she could. So I let the girl pet the horse for a couple minutes.
      I kept remembering how I would give anything if I could just pet a horse when I was that age. The girl was telling me what the tack was called and how to use it. So I told the mom that Cisco was a very good boy and asked if it would be okay for me to pony the girl around for a bit. The little girl squealed so loud I thought I would see a pack of dogs come running at any minute!
      The little girl had perma-smile sitting in the saddle! I let her ride for about 15 minutes and had to go. As they were walking away I heard the little girl tell her mom “This is the best day ever”!
      My only regret was I didn’t ask for their number so the girl could come out to the barn sometime.
      Turns out the girl’s birthday was the same as my daughters. Hmmmm….
      I felt so good after that day!

Starbreeze
      Participant

Me too!!! I kept trying to convince my parents that we should keep a horse in the backyard and that since it would eat the grass, my dad wouldn’t have to waste his time mowing. It didn’t work… ๐Ÿ™

Phoenix wrote:

That reminds me of the time I played hooky from work to take a ride up in the park/trail system. There was a mom walking with her little girl. When they saw me on my horse, the little girl just went bonkers! She kept saying “horse momma, horse”. Well, I couldn’t resist. I turned Cisco around and asked the mom if she could pet the horse. Mom said the girl would just die if she could. So I let the girl pet the horse for a couple minutes.
        I kept remembering how I would give anything if I could just pet a horse when I was that age. The girl was telling me what the tack was called and how to use it. So I told the mom that Cisco was a very good boy and asked if it would be okay for me to pony the girl around for a bit. The little girl squealed so loud I thought I would see a pack of dogs come running at any minute!
        The little girl had perma-smile sitting in the saddle! I let her ride for about 15 minutes and had to go. As they were walking away I heard the little girl tell her mom “This is the best day ever”!
        My only regret was I didn’t ask for their number so the girl could come out to the barn sometime.
        Turns out the girl’s birthday was the same as my daughters. Hmmmm….
        I felt so good after that day!

That was so nice of you! That girl sounds like me a long, long time ago. ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrea
        Participant

It’s never too late! Everyone needs a horse!
          My Ebay sellings are going to buy another Welsh pony. I am looking for a blue roan so I have plenty of time to save!

Phoenix wrote:

It’s never too late! Everyone needs a horse!

I finally did get a chance to learn how to ride a couple of years after I started working. It was really neat to take my first riding lesson after waiting so many years! I had a half lease when I started my lessons, but I was only able to do that for a few months before I realized that I didn’t have the time to keep riding regularly — work was too busy, among other things, so I gave it up. Nowadays I just go horse watching occasionally…and go to a dressage show every now and then. I really don’t know how you manage to find time to take care of all of your animals in addition to working and having a family! ๐Ÿ™‚

Phoenix wrote:

My Ebay sellings are going to buy another Welsh pony. I am looking for a blue roan so I have plenty of time to save!

How neat! Do you already have a particular one in mind?

Andrea
          Participant

No, just blue roan mare with good bloodlines and confirmation. Sabino would be a plus. It’ll take quite a while to find her so I have time!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.