Meet my free kitty – Mojo!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Meet my free kitty – Mojo!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Edmonton Humane Society is giving away free adult cats (6 months plus) today and tomorrow…. might have to go see if there’s one that I fall in love with…. <3

We’d been considering getting another cat for a while…. and they come spayed and neutered (at least they’re implying such, I’ll have to ask).

If I get a kitty…. pics will soon come!!! πŸ˜€

I gots me some Mojo… pics are later on this page. πŸ™‚

Adaneth
    Participant

That would be wonderful if you find/rescue a cat that way! πŸ˜€

(Sure hope they’re doing some screening, what with the ‘free’ tag and all…)

Although there is a $250 non refundable pet deposit here….. per pet. πŸ™ I’ll talk to boardwalk, if it’s per pet, as the website implies, I dunno if I can afford it at this time, free otherwise or no. (and it literally is free, comes with the spay/neuter, vaccinations, vet check, etc).

They have an application process, you can’t just come and grab a cat.

I’ve decided that at this time I’m going to “pretend” that I don’t know that the $250 is per pet, and hope they don’t notice. We’re probably gonna move in 3 months anyway, if they don’t ask for it, I won’t pay. If they do I will… but not till they ask for it. But that’s only if we get a kitty…. it’s not final final yet (haha yeah right, huh?).

dragonmedley
      Participant

Ah, so it isn’t free, then… minimum 250$!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Adaneth wrote:

That would be wonderful if you find/rescue a cat that way! πŸ˜€

(Sure hope they’re doing some screening, what with the ‘free’ tag and all…)

That’s exactly what I was thinking, I get nervous with stuff like that. πŸ™

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I went through an interview/screening process. They ask for ID, and I believe they do a bit of a check to see if the information is accurate (it’s about 20mins from when I sign the paperwork to when they came and took the cat from the room).

All the cats have been adopted out (155 or so cats in two days!) I hope they all went to loving homes.

Myself…. well… I got myself a lovely boy named Mojo. He’s 10 years old, and was still there because he wasn’t the young pretty variety. But he was such a sweetheart, me and Colin just fell in love. <3 And he's still got many years left of love and awesomeness.

I’ll post pics once I get my camera memory card back. Colin’s using it atm, to post some facebook photos.

Adaneth
          Participant

Awwww, good on you for adopting an older fellow. He looks adorable! πŸ™‚

Purplecat
            Participant

OMG, he’s so handsome! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ It’s really great to hear about an older kitty getting a home, they have a really rough time in that arena. He looks like a cutie. πŸ˜€ Congrats!

keschete
              Participant

Congrats! What a wonderful thing you did! Thank you! Congrats on your new baby!

darjeb
                Participant

He’s gorgeous and 10 years old isn’t that old for a cat today. I had one that looked just like Mojo that was born in 1968 her name was Panther and even back then she lived to be almost 18 and that was old for a cat then. She was my vet’s oldest patient at that time. I always think kittens and puppies are cute but dogs and cats are easier to lie with that is why I always try to find one a few years old walkin, talkin and potty trained.

Skigod377
                  Participant

He seems to be young at heart! What a beauty! Congratulations πŸ™‚

machineguts
                    Participant

Awww, what an adorable kitty! πŸ˜€ Congrats!!!

darjeb wrote:

He’s gorgeous and 10 years old isn’t that old for a cat today. I had one that looked just like Mojo that was born in 1968 her name was Panther and even back then she lived to be almost 18 and that was old for a cat then. She was my vet’s oldest patient at that time. I always think kittens and puppies are cute but dogs and cats are easier to lie with that is why I always try to find one a few years old walkin, talkin and potty trained.

Yup, he sure does have lots of years left! The lady at the shelter was so happy when we decided to adopt Mojo – she was bouncing around almost…

He’s already settled in, happily. He hid for about the first… oh…. hour? Now he’s wanting out of the room we’ve put him in to keep him and Kimi apart for now (gradual introduction and that).

We were trying to play under the door last night by batting a frisbee back and forth, although, either one of them was batting, or the other, never both at the same time. It was kind of funny.

I think Kimi might be scared of Mojo (feeling’s not mutual, Mojo seems eager to meet Kimi). Maybe it’s because she was an only cat for so long. Hopefully she’ll get over that in time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.