fbpx

Margaret aka drgnlvr needs your prayers UPDATED 8/22/12

Home Forums Miscellany Community Margaret aka drgnlvr needs your prayers UPDATED 8/22/12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Pixie-dust
    Participant

I just found out that Margaret ( drgnlvr ) is in the hospital.
      She is not doing well at all. She is in and out of consciousness.
      I don’t want to get into her personal details but it is not good.
      Please say a prayer for Margaret that she does get better. She is
      a very dear friend. I met her here on the forum. I have never met
      her in person but we do speak on the phone regularly. She has been
      a long time member and a very loving and caring person.
      I would like to send her some flowers or something to let her know
      that her Windstone family is with her. If anyone has any ideas,
      please let me know.
      Thank you
      Tamara aka Pixie-dust

UPDATES- Margaret is still in the Neuro Trauma unit BUT she IS improving! She has
      orders to be moved to another area in the hosptial. Once she moves, then she can
      receive flowers. ( Trauma units do not allow any plants or flowers ) I called and spoke to her nurse today. She will probably be moving to a different room tomorrow.
      I DO want to send Margaret some flowers and balloons and I can see that a lot of you would
      like to pitch in too. I am not sure how to go about this. I guess I can give you my
      Pay Pal acct and you can send your donations to me that way? If anyone has a better
      suggestion, please let me know ASAP. If no one has any problems sending the money through
      Pay Pal, I will post my Pay Pal acct tomorrow morning so people can start sending me the money.
      Everyone that makes a donation ( any amount you feel inclined to ) I will add your name on
      a nice card to go with the flowers and balloons.
      I am so happy I became a Windstone forum member. I have met so many nice people and have made
      a lot of really good friends. I would have never met Margaret if it wasn’t for this forum.
      THANK YOU ALL
      Tamara

******UPDATES ABOUT THE DONATIONS******* PLEASE READ
      I didn’t realize how many wonderful and generous people wanted to donate.
      $20.00 a person is WAY TOO MUCH!
      We don’t need to purchase the entire flower shop! πŸ˜‰ Let’s change it to $5.00-10.00 range
      ( or what ever amount YOU want to give ) *** Please PM ME **** so I know that you DO want to contribute. VIA PM I will then give you the information you will need to send me the money through Pay Pal. I will be taking the donations until Monday by 12 NOON PST( April 9th ) I will then
      purchase the card, flowers, balloons and a very fluffy Teddy bear for Margaret. I will include
      everyones name in the card. Any questions or comments please feel free to PM me.
      Thank you all again.
      Tamara

******UPDATES 4/9/12 **********
      GREAT NEWS πŸ™‚ I called and spoke with Margaret today. She sounds so much better!
      She has orders to be transferred to a different facility tomorrow afternoon. Since I
      don’t know where yet, I have to wait until she gets there before I send the gift package.
      Once she gets transferred she will be there for a few weeks recovering. I am sure the gift
      package will really brighten up her room and assist in her recovery. When I get off work
      tomorrow, I will call and get the flowers/balloons/teddy ordered and ready to ship. I wish
      I could see her face when she gets them. THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the kind words and
      contributions to Margaret’s get well package. It means a lot to me and I know it will mean
      a lot to Margaret.
      Thanks again
      Tamara

*******UPDATE**********
      Margaret was supposed to be transfered from the main hospital to a rehab center but because
      of a few small issues, the transfer is on hold. I was going to have the gift package sent on
      Tuesday but when I had called Monday afternoon her nurse told me about the scheduled transfer
      for Tuesday so I waited to send it because I didn’t want to miss her. When I called Tuesday
      afternoon, the nurse then told me it would be today ( Wednesday ). Today, I found out about
      the ” ON HOLD ” transfer. I decided to go ahead and send the gifts. I looked on line for
      flowers/balloons/Teddy but because I couldn’t talk to a ” Live ” person I thought about calling
      the hospital’s own gift shop. I am glad I did. πŸ™‚ Here are all the items our money was able to
      purchase for Margaret’s get well package. 6 mylar balloons, 3 large flower arrangements,
      1 large very cute and fluffy Teddy bear, 2 very soft/furry/colorful socks, and 1 large sized
      bottle of Jasmine scented hand lotion and a small note card which I had her put ” Get well soon, from your friends on the Windstone forum! “. The total with tax was $176.15 which I paid for with
      my VISA. The nice girl in the gift shop was going to wrap the gifts before she delivered them
      today too! I really wish I could see Margarets face when everything gets delivered!
      I will be mailing tomorrow the lovely Get Well card I picked out and which I included everyones
      name who contributed. I took a picture of the card but I will have to post a picture later
      because I am super tired now from having to work ALL day, with NO lunch or breaks + overtime!
      I will keep you all posted with Margaret’s progress. Next time I call her, I will ask if she
      would like to have people call her while she is recovering. If she does, I will post how/
      where you can contact her. I think she is bored and would love to talk but I need to make
      sure she is fine with me posting it first. She still has acouple/several? weeks she will be
      monitored so I think she will welcome having people call her.
      Thank you again to everyone who contributed.
      Good night
      Tamara

Josh, Margarets friend and helper, took pictures of some of the things that we sent her.
      Also in the pictures are what Windstone sent her as their get well package.

UPDATES 5/6/2012
      Sorry for not updating sooner. I had a REAL scare last week when I had my Mammogram.
      I was called back to have more pictures on my right side because they saw ” something .”
      They told me that I had to have these pictures taken at the main hospital where a Radiologist
      would be available to read them then and there. Also IF they still didn’t like the pictures,
      then I would have an Ultrasound done as well. I went in first thing Thursday morning and
      had my right side pictured again. While the tech was taking me back, I asked how many
      pictures she would be taking. She said 2. She took the 2 pictures but while looking at
      them, she stated that maybe she should take another. She kept looking at them saying HMMMMMM!
      Finally she just says that she will ask the Radiologist if she wants it repeated! When she
      left the room, I was shaking and on the verge of tears. Since my mother had come with me but
      could not be in the room while the pictures were being taken, I had told the tech that I wanted
      her to be with me when I received the results. The tech re-entered the room and just
      says, ” what is your mother wearing? ” so she could go and get her. When my mother entered
      the room she had tears in her eyes so I thought that the tech and already told her.
      As soon as my mother walked in, then the Radiologist walked in. She said that everything
      is FINE! It was just tissue that got folded? when it got compressed. She said that
      now that they have a base-line, they will have these pictures for reference in the future.
      My mother had come in the room with tears of joy in her eyes because the tech had already
      told her the good news! So as you can see, I had a fun week.
      Now, about Margaret. She has been moved to the rehab facility. She is doing much better.
      They make her do puzzles to build up her mind. She is also doing physical therapy. They
      think the seizures were caused from her not taking care of her Diabetes. She was not eating
      properly or taking her medications. Margaret told me she has been know to eat chocolate
      for dinner! Now she is on anti-seizure meds and meds for her diabetes. I called and
      talked with her on Friday. She sounds really good. She says the food is really horrible
      and a neighbor leaves her TV on all night! She will still need to stay there for another
      2 weeks or so. One thing that we did discuss is money. Since she is not working, no money
      is coming in to pay the bills. She told me that she is going to have to go through her
      465 + ? Windstones and sell a few things to help raise some money. Once she tells me
      what she is going to put up for sale, I will post them in the ” for sale ” thread.
      A couple people have called and talked with Margaret. She REALLY enjoyed that, so if anyone
      else would like to call and talk to her to cheer her up, please PM me for her cell phone
      number. She LOVES to talk to people!
      That’s it for now.
      Tamara

*******UPDATED 8/22/12****************

Hello fellow forum members,

Here is an update regarding Margaret and what’s been happening with her. She did finally get released from the Enloe Rehabilitation Center that she was staying at after her very life threatening seizures earlier this year. At the Enloe Rehabilitation Center, their team of therapists, nurses, dietitians, case managers and physicians work together to care for their patients and help them regain their maximum level of independence. After Margaret was released, she did return home to convalesce and regain her strength in order for her to be able to get back to work. She does have to be seizure free for 3 months in order for her to see patients/clients again. Well, Margaret wasn’t home for very long, when she tripped and fell into some bushes while she went out to get her mail. She ended up breaking her hip which required surgery to repair it. She was on a lot of medications at that time, that made her very unstable on her feet. So now, Margaret is back at Enloe Rehab recovering from her surgery. When I first talked to Margaret, she told me that she would be in rehab until Christmas. Now she is telling me that because of her Medicare insurance, she is having to be released early. Since her second stay at Enloe is less than 30 days from her first stay, Medicare will not cover her until Christmas. She is having to be released early because they will not pay for anymore hospital/rehab stay. She will have to take care of herself in her own home.
      ( She does live alone ) She does have a very nice neighbor who helps her by driving her around and taking her where she needs to go. Since Margaret has not been able to work, a lot of bills have been piling up. She is heart broken but she is forced to sell some of her beloved Windstone collection to help pay some bills. She asked me to help her do this. She sent me a list of the items that she is willing to part with. I will be listing them in the flea market to try to raise some money for her and her bills. If you really would like to help Margaret, now would be really appreciated. If you see something that you like, please make an offer. She really needs every penny that she can get.
      If you would like to talk to Margaret while she is still in rehab, please PM me and I will gladly give you the direct phone number to the room she is staying in. If you do call her though, she is NOT an early riser. She does NOT like early morning calls. So if you do call, please call in the late afternoon ( California time ). She will be released around Labor Day, she is not sure of an exact date yet.
      She did want me to tell everyone ” Thank you ” for all the get well wishes and everything that had been done for her when she was in rehab for her first stay. It really cheered her up and helped her recover quicker.
      I want to thank everyone also for all the contributions to the Margaret’s get well package. Every time I call her, she just goes on and on about how wonderful it was and how wonderful Windstone forum members are. THANK YOU.

Take care

Tamara aka Pixie-dust

Amy
      Participant

Oh no πŸ™
        That’s terrible about Margaret. I will definitely be praying for her recovery.
        If you know of a local florist we could all chip in to send her a bouquet or something like that. At the very least let her know we’re thinking of her and pulling for her.

Kiya
        Participant

I’m sorry, Pixie πŸ™ I definitely hope and pray she recovers. If you end up planning something to send her, I will be happy to chip in.

Mirrako
          Participant

Prayers sent–for both of you. Thanks for letting us know.

Adaneth
            Participant

Saw the sad news on the sales thread. πŸ™ I will be praying for her recovery. Thanks for sharing with us, and if you do get a group gift going, please count me in!

dragonmedley
              Participant

Oh no πŸ™
                If you know of a local florist we could all chip in to send her a bouquet or something like that. At the very least let her know we’re thinking of her and pulling for her.

Definitely.

πŸ™

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Setsunawolf
                Participant

My thoughts are with her. I could chip in a little as well.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

My thoughts are with her. I could chip in a little as well.

Me too…

twindragonsmum :((

tdm

Lokie
                    Participant

Oh man, how awful. =( Sending positive and healing thoughts her way! I could chip in as well. Flowers sound nice.

Thoughts and prayers are with her in this difficult time. Count me in on the flowers too!! I do not know her but I would like her to know that even new members to the Windstone family care as well.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

hope everything turns out okay, she seems like such a nice lady!

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                        Participant

HUGS AND LOVE!!! SENDING HEALTH THOUGHTS HER WAY!!!

Count me in also if your sending her a gift!!!

She has always been so sweet to me and offered her Rainbow Fledgling and Silver Sitting Spectral when I first joined.

PMing you Tam.

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

diane
                          Participant

Hugs and Prayer are with her. also count me in also for flowers or anything else.
                            Diane

Oh no. I was wondering what had happened to her recently, I haven’t seen any posts in the Community forum (I hardly check the other ones).

If you do decide to send flowers (or something), I can probably chip in a few bucks, just PM me when you do decide to do something.

Tethra
                            Participant

How awful for her! I send my best wishes for her recovery! I really do hope she is going to be alright. Hugs for both of you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.