fbpx

Mardi Gras Visit! More New Pics! Edited 2/6/08

Home Forums Miscellany Community Mardi Gras Visit! More New Pics! Edited 2/6/08

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

Just wanted to let everyone know Siberakh1 is here and we will post some pictures of her trip to South Louisiana for Mardi Gras soon!

It has been great to actually meet another forum member and I am so glad she came to visit!!!!!

keschete
      Participant

Bob

I always thought Mardi Gras was in February??

keschete
          Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I always thought Mardi Gras was in February??

Mardi Gras is actually Feb 5th this year. It can be as early as Feb and as late as March…always 47 days before Easter.

The Mardi Gras season begins on January 6 and continues until Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. On the Christian calendar, the twelfth day after Christmas is known as “Epiphany”, “Twelfth Night”, or “Kings Day.” It is the day the gift-bearing Magi visited the baby Jesus, and is celebrated with its own unique rituals.

In New Orleans, the parades started last week. The parades here in Houma start tomorrow and we are going to be in front of the car dealership that my husband works at. So we should catch a bunch of beads. Two of the salesmen ride in the first parade and I have our friend hooked up to catch a lot of beads!

Hope this helps πŸ™‚ Pictures Saturday !!!

darjeb
            Participant

HAPPY MARDI GRAS TIME

Bob

well party away then

Skigod377
                Participant

Awesome! Cant wait to see pics!

Uh-oh! Forum Members Gone Wild! 😈

Have fun you 2 but be safe.

keschete
                  Participant

Siberakh1 at the “Drive Through Daiquiris Shop”

Siberakh1 and me

Siberakh1 and the Dummies

Queen of Aquarius

Shiners Motorcycles

Siberakh1 and me

My friend Julie, she is Captain of Hycinthians

Queen of Hycinthians

Siberakh1 Waving for Throws (beads and stuff)

lamortefille
                    Participant

Oh, that looks like fun! Thanks for sharing. πŸ˜€

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Wow, you guys look like you had a blast!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bob

What fun!! How is the city coming back from a few years ago??

keschete
                          Participant

We had a great time, but we were in Houma, not New Orleans. This is a great place to catch beads and eat a lot of great food! Much better and less commercialized and much safer!!!!

Just some info about Katrina:

Houma wasn’t hit directly by Katrina, we were the closest town (60 miles Southwest of New Orleans) that took in evacuees. The people rescued from roof tops, many came here first and stayed in shelters until we could get more permanent stuff set up.

Several weeks later, Rita hit and flooded all of our lower parishes. But, this in not New Orleans and people here took care of themselves and rebuilt with help of friends, family and neighbors.

I won’t get into great detail, but in several areas down here, we told Red Cross to get out…after they arrived a week after Katrina and tried to tell us how to care for the New Orleanians who were under our care. Where I live, people and strong and independant and they usually don’t take kindly to the government interfering πŸ™‚

I took Brianne on a Katrina tour while she was here and showed her exactly what things are like in New Orleans. Once she gets home she might post some of those. There is a lot of progress in the Katrina areas, but that is just a small piece of greater New Orleans area which includes Metarie, Kenner and the West Bank…those areas did not flood and they are booming πŸ™‚

Bob

I’m glad someone came to their senses about the Red Cross. They are suhc a crooked organization I can’t stand it. Good for you!!

Skigod377
                              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I’m glad someone came to their senses about the Red Cross. They are suhc a crooked organization I can’t stand it. Good for you!!

No, DM, Red Cross is not crooked. My mother works there. Maybe some people in some Red Cross organizations are crooked, but the Red Cross in general is very helpful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.