fbpx

Magweno Art Dolls

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Magweno Art Dolls

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    scenceable
    Participant

YAY Maddy you finally joined <3

I commissioned Maddy at the beginning of the year to make this gorgeous girl:

…and I’m on the waiting list for another! So glad you joined on here too. I don’t go on the PYO forum much but I’m sure there are lots of helpful hints and tips over there. Have you started painting your “muse” pyo at all?

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Did I see you mention on Melody’s DA that you keep chickens too?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

scenceable
        Participant

She’s got a whole bunch of birds I think, she posts pictures of them on tumblr often: http://magweno.tumblr.com/ ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep I’ve got 14 quails, 3 chickens, two french partridges, a turkey and two love birds. And Janine is right, my tumblr is mostly photos of them, rather than my actual work! There’s about three bird photos to one WIP doll photo haha.

@Janine Yes I have! But I haven’t done much haha. I wasn’t expecting to get the airbrush so that kind of makes it 10x more fun when I do sit down to work on him.

Nina
          Participant

yay! Glad to see you joined the forum! and you already know I’m a fan of your work ^_^

Adaneth
            Participant

You do fantastic work! Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you guys!
              I think there might be a problem with my PMs? I don’t seem to be receiving any that are sent. If I don’t reply to a PM then please email me at hello (at) magweno.com

In other news I finished a random doll today while I was waiting for a delivery. She’s called Helaku and I thought in honour of the amazing welcome I got here I’d show her to you guys before any of the other websites I frequent!

She will be for sale but I haven’t decided on a price yet. (Still tallying up materials.)

Misty
              Participant

I love the way your dragonish critters dangle! Makes me miss having ferrets lol.

Heather
                Participant

Wow I love Helaku, so ferrety like. She would be awesome to own if I can afford her, are you going to tell us the price on the forum or will it be on your website?

scenceable
                  Participant

She looks awesome Maddy. Are her eyes inset? They look different than your usual ones. I love the painting on her face, she’s gorgeous. You might consider auctioning her, or taking offers, or something similar. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ohh Janine that’s a great idea! I guess I’ll start my first auction then! I reckon she’s a good doll to start with! I’ll post the link here once i’ve finished typing up the blurb.

scenceable
                    Participant

^^; I figured since you’re doing price revisions and such right now, the best way to recalibrate prices is to run auctions and see how much they’re averaging at. Not sure whether you want to use ebay though, the fees are so crazy there. I guess there are sites like furbid I think it’s called? Either way it’ll be cool to see how she does. Either way be sure to make a thread in the non-windstone fleamarket and let everyone know ^^

Eee okay the listing is live! Here’s the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300620609202?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_4840wt_914
                      I’ve also made a thread in the non-windstone flea market area. Ooohhh I’m so excited! An auction, so different, so scary.

Rachel
                      Participant

That Balrog is incredible! Of course, all your dolls are. So cool.

Lupuslunae
                        Participant

Wow, this is the first time I’ve seen these guys, and your work is beautiful. I really was amazed by your Haku and ferret dragon. The little feeties on the ferret dragon are just an overload of cuteness. And Haku’s chicken feet are frickin awesome.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.