fbpx

'loose' definition of term custom?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 'loose' definition of term custom?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

Yeah….great for the economy!!! πŸ˜†

wolflodge100
      Participant

She is saying she painted it herself!?!

wolflodge100 wrote:

She is saying she painted it herself!?!

WHAT?! Did you ask her directly? If it’s true– 😈

littleironhorse
        Participant

Oops! Edited: I see she does claim to have painted it. I can see some customizing, but I don’t think she re-painted it entirely πŸ˜•

wolflodge100
          Participant

If you read the red print it says she custom painted it herself!!!

Participant

wolflodge100 wrote:

If you read the red print it says she custom painted it herself!!!

Yep, it does. It would be helpful if she told us what she changed. It looks like it has an odd gold stripe down the front scales. Interesting. πŸ˜•

SPark
              Participant

She’s added green to the legs and shoulders. It’s not terribly pretty green either. Ugh.

If this were cheap, I’d LOVE the chance to re-paint an old warrior, but at that price? No way.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Hm! This could be a problem.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

i just got a response from the ebayer:

How- with paint
                  Where- in my home.
                  And THANK YOU I`m quite proud of it

nam, i think you should contact john about this. or not. i dont know what should be done in situations like this. because, i thought it was a regular production color. it is not an obvious different coloring. πŸ™

SPark wrote:

She’s added green to the legs and shoulders. It’s not terribly pretty green either. Ugh.

If this were cheap, I’d LOVE the chance to re-paint an old warrior, but at that price? No way.
                  are you sure there was green added. peacock has green in it in those places–im looking at astral castle’s images of the peacock ow. its just the gold down the front. that is significantly different.

and if he/she did only paint those spots. was it because of some damage? im not going to hound the auctioner. someone else can ask them what exactly they painted and if there was any damage to the piece before.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

It could be a problem. I will let John handle the situation as he sees fit, rather than speculating here though! πŸ˜€

Don’t hound the seller- it’s okay to ask questions if you are planning on bidding but otherwise it will be handled accordingly.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Maria
                    Participant

The listing has been pulled. It didn’t seem terribly honest to me. πŸ˜•

I was wondering why I didn’t see it when I was searching for Windstones.

Laurie
                      Participant

They added better pictures before they pulled the auction. It looks like they painted some puke green on the shoulders and hips but left everything else the regular peacock color. They really did manage to make that dragon ugly.

Arlla
                        Participant

πŸ˜› I asked this person about this one before I saw this thread…UGH. I’m glad it got pulled.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                          -J R R Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.