fbpx

'loose' definition of term custom?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 'loose' definition of term custom?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

i just saw this on ebay. it looks like a regular production peacock ow. can someone tell me if there was any customization done?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-Pena-Warrior-Dragon-CUSTOM_W0QQitemZ220115754638QQihZ012QQcategoryZ35873QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maria
    Participant

Not that I can tell. πŸ˜•

so, i am guessing the starting bid is kind of steep?

SPark
      Participant

Yeah, I would say that somebody there has no idea what the word “custom” means. Sheesh. The price isn’t totally ridiculous, but it’s definitely on the high side for a regular peacock old warrior.

Maria
        Participant

It’s about $100 more than the retail was. Somebody who wants a peacock OW real bad will pay it though, I’m sure.

oops sorry about the new thread on this subject–shoulda known someone else would see it before this ol’ Granny!!

Skigod377
          Participant

2-medusas wrote:

oops sorry about the new thread on this subject–shoulda known someone else would see it before this ol’ Granny!!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I was wondering what it meant, too. I was like, ‘Custom? That looks just like peacock…’ πŸ™„

Maria
            Participant

Even so, it is hard to tell because the pics aren’t great. But it looks quite regular to me.

Starbreeze
              Participant

Looks just like my Peacock OW. Of course, mine is ‘custom’ too….custom painted by Windstone for all of us collectors. πŸ˜†

Maria
                Participant

Except custom means according to a personal, special instruction, and I can’t tell the OW merits that. It’s “only” hand-painted.

Starbreeze
                  Participant

πŸ˜† You mean Melody didn’t custom paint the peacock OW for the hundreds of us that own one?

Maria
                    Participant

I just wonder who’s giving custom instructions to whom. We give Melody hints about what to paint, but she tells us what to buy by producing it… πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Yeah…I’ve noticed that myself. πŸ˜† I guess as long as we’re happy and she’s happy, it’s a great system. πŸ˜†

Maria
                        Participant

And it keeps the money circulating. That’s important. πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.