fbpx

Lokie's PYOs: In-Progress Smutty Buckskin Unicorn, Page 12

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Lokie's PYOs: In-Progress Smutty Buckskin Unicorn, Page 12

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

Wow, what a beautiful dragon! I love browns and blues together like that. Very well painted too ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Lokie
      Participant

Thank you for the compliments!

Heather
        Participant

Lokie, he’s just fabulous! ๐Ÿ˜€ You’ve hit on something really keen here. This little guy has a color combination just like something you might see on a small, fiesty creature in the wild: based in natural tones that blend in, but pepped up with iridescent highlights so that he can stand out and look gorgeous when he wants to. Not to mention the masterful matching of his blues to his eyes. I’d love to have a dragon that looked like this! And good grief, even in the closeups the paint job looks very clean and accurate. If this is “horrendous” then your standards as an artist leave mine in the dust! ๐Ÿ˜† (Not to mention your skill level.)

Starbreeze
          Participant

Sorry, Lokie, I just saw this. Fabulous job!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

He is really pretty! I think your horrendous job is fabulous, by the way… ๐Ÿ˜€

Kujacker
            Participant

Holy wow. He is amazing! I really love the sheen on his scales.

Maria
              Participant

Wow, Lokie, what don’t you like about him? He’s beautiful.

siberakh1
                Participant

You know, he kinda reminds me of a Maryland Crab with his colors! I really like the color scheme a lot! ๐Ÿ˜€

Andrea
                  Participant

Gads! He’s awful. How can you even show him? Kindly send him to me so I can scrap him ๐Ÿ˜‰
                    He’s awesome and your painting isn’t horrific as far as I can tell. Maybe I should have you photograph mine too!
                    He reminds me of an opal.

lamortefille
                    Participant

He’s stunning! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

siberakh1
                      Participant

So, what is going to become of this little fellow? Will the second one in this scheme be waiting on pyos from the factory again or do you have the pyo already :wink:?

Lokie
                        Participant

Thank you for the comments! ๐Ÿ™‚

And sorry, I guess horrendous is a very strong word- I need to give myself some slack ๐Ÿ˜ณ But there are quite a few areas where I got a little careless and I know I can paint them much nicer so those areas taunt me.

And GB, after I took photos, I played a bit in Photoshop doing โ€œwhat ifsโ€, like replacing the neck and center chest scales with the dark oxide green instead of blue, the wings a different color, ect. But now that Iโ€™ve had this piece on display for a bit, Iโ€™m thinking I like his colors just the way they are ๐Ÿ™‚

And I Yahoo Searched Maryland Crab, Wow, I never knew crabs came in those colors!

Maria
                          Participant

Lokie wrote:

And GB, after I took photos, I played a bit in Photoshop doing โ€œwhat ifsโ€, like replacing the neck and center chest scales with the dark oxide green instead of blue, the wings a different color, ect. But now that Iโ€™ve had this piece on display for a bit, Iโ€™m thinking I like his colors just the way they are ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll say. ๐Ÿ˜† So, what’s next on your PYo to-do-list? ๐Ÿ˜›

Lokie
                            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Lokie wrote:

So, what’s next on your PYo to-do-list? ๐Ÿ˜›
                              Finish my little sister’s Ki-rin! ๐Ÿ˜† And then I’m not entirely sure ๐Ÿ˜• I’m looking forward to the Phoenix; I have a color scheme all picked out for the first one ๐Ÿ™‚ But several of my pets passed away recently, so I think I’ll be starting a memorial PYO.

So, what are you painting next?

Maria
                              Participant

I’m going to be doing a pink something for Ski and a green and black griffin for WSC. Probably in that order. I’m just sitting on pins and needles, waiting for PYOs to hit the store again. Only about a month to go. ๐Ÿ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 373 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.