fbpx

Lokie's PYOs: In-Progress Smutty Buckskin Unicorn, Page 12

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Lokie's PYOs: In-Progress Smutty Buckskin Unicorn, Page 12

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Lucky Cheryl. ๐Ÿ˜€

lamortefille
      Participant

That’s a very unique dragon. I love the side scales.

Skigod377
        Participant

GIVE IT UP CHERYL!!

lamortefille
          Participant

*hides from Ski* (She has that Drill Sergeant voice, ya know?) ๐Ÿ˜†

Skigod377
            Participant

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

I dont think Cheryl will find me as scary. ๐Ÿ˜†

Lokie
              Participant

Thank you for the nice comments!

Arlla wrote:

srsly, that dragon is AWESOME!!! What was the inspiration for the colors??

The primary influencer was Cheryl! The basis for the color scheme was Cherylโ€™s love for lavender and her like of the beige/brown of my first dragon, as well as her comment that she likes color. And the final paint scheme materialized (very slowly ๐Ÿ˜ณ ) as I worked through trying to incorporate the colors Cheryl liked and her suggestions (good ones at that!), and what I thought sheโ€™d appreciate and what I thought the piece needed to come together. I always had a strong personal focus in trying to keep the piece fresh and sleek, as well as primarily soft so that it wouldnโ€™t come off as extremely loud in comparison if displayed near Cherylโ€™s comprehensive white production dragon collection. And, well, trying to incorporate a little bit of myself in the finished piece too.

I hope this explanation makes sense ๐Ÿ˜•

skigod377 wrote:

Oooh Lokie, what do you charge ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Iโ€™m still in a little surprised that anyone would hire me to begin with ๐Ÿ˜•

Skigod377
                Participant

Oooh, c’mon! You cant forget that I already have one of your peices! I love that dragon!

skigod377 wrote:

GIVE IT UP CHERYL!!

pffft. I scoff at your Drill Sergeant voice! HA… HA ha ha ha! Not a chance Ski :p I love my newly acquired dragon way too much! But definitely commission Lokie- she does great work and it’s well worth any wait.

Lokie- people are willing to commission other people to do work on sculptures AND they are willing to wait if they know what they are going to get is going to be wonderful.

I have always been of the mind that an artist shouldn’t be rushed otherwise the end result won’t be as lovely as the rushed piece. If you let them take their time they put so much more of themselves into the piece and it’s so much more wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚ I think most people on this forum would agree.

Skigod377
                  Participant

I def want one. I cant commision till after the holidays, but I def want another Lokie peice. I adore the kirin she traded me. Its so well done.

Lokie
                    Participant

This is an unfinished/in-progress Okapi inspired Kirin done as a Christmas/Birthday gift for my little sister. I’m hoping if I post the unfinished piece, it will motivate/shame me into working a tad faster.

His face has extra markings not found on a real Okapi, but since I’m translating it on a mythical Kirin anyways, I thought I might take some liberty.

lamortefille
                      Participant

It’s beautiful so far, Lokie!

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

Are you sure it’s not done? ‘Cause it looks gorgeous to me!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Adaneth
                          Participant

Beautiful work! ๐Ÿ˜€

Mmloda
                            Participant

WOW I love it Lokie….LUCKY SISTER…. ๐Ÿ˜†
                              I have to get me one of those….. ๐Ÿ˜†

Marzena

dragonmedley
                              Participant

Piki’ll have a friend!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 373 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.