fbpx

Lokie's PYOs: In-Progress Smutty Buckskin Unicorn, Page 12

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Lokie's PYOs: In-Progress Smutty Buckskin Unicorn, Page 12

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

Thank you for the comments, everyone! 😀 It’s been slow going, but I intend to finish him within the next month. Working on this color scheme makes me want to paint a Nyala Ki-Rin as well.

siberakh1 wrote:

Is this the one for your little sister? If so, she is going to be one lucky gal! 😀

Yes, it is for my little sister 🙂 I really hope she likes it.

Nuke wrote:

Is it all done with Golden acrylics?

No, it is painted with Liquitex and Winsor & Newton brand acrylics. The only Golden brand acrylics I own are the interference colors.

lamortefille
      Participant

Wonderful, as always! 😀 He’s gorgeous!

Lokie wrote:

No, it is painted with Liquitex and Winsor & Newton brand acrylics. The only Golden brand acrylics I own are the interference colors.

Wow, I’ll have to go find some. The quality is outstanding compared to the Delta brand I use 😀

Lokie
        Participant

Nuke wrote:

Lokie wrote:

Wow, I’ll have to go find some. The quality is outstanding compared to the Delta brand I use 😀
          Yeah, I’ve used Delta paints before and I do prefer Liquitex and W&N paints over them. I didn’t (and still don’t :lol:) have a lot of money so I had to slowly make the transition into the more expensive paints by purchasing a few colors at a time. Buying the colors I used most often first.

If you do end up switching over, I hope you like the difference 🙂 (And maybe post what you’ve created with them 😉 )

Maria
          Participant

He’s looking lovely, Lokie.

Sbianchi
            Participant

Your PYO’s are Beautiful!

Lokie
              Participant

In progress, PYO unicorn in a liver chestnut color with a flaxen mane and tail. As of this moment, I’m considering the fur completely done, but I’m still working on his main and tail, as well as this hooves.

Sometimes it helps me while I’m working on the piece to sort of step back and look at it differently (to help me decide if I’m on the right track or if things need changing), which photos help me do. So I thought I’d post the photos.

Stephanie
                Participant

That fur looks so rich! I want to run my hands through it. 😀

dragonmedley
                  Participant

That fur is just gorgeous!

The masking tape is funny, hee hee!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Starbreeze
                    Participant

The fur is amazing!!! 🙂

Adaneth
                      Participant

Very nice beginning! I like liver chestnuts. 😀

Mmloda
                        Participant

She looks awsome Lokie….I can’t wait to her all finished… 🙂 Her coat does really look very rich… 😉

PLEASE CLICK US AND HELP US GROW….

Marzena

The coat looks so nicely textured. Like there’s actually hair there… It’s quite beautiful!

Amanda
                          Participant

She looks lovely! Love that deep, rich color!

Lokie
                            Participant

Thanks for the comments!

He’s finished! I’d like to sell him if anyone wants him; I’d like to get at least $40 + shipping. Just shoot me a PM with an offer. Additional photos available on request. I’ll post in the Flea Market section also.

For the color scheme, I was inspired by photos of heavy draft breeds as well as ponies, so I was aiming to make him look a bit rustic (not as successful as I hoped >.<). So I went for a dark liver chestnut with a chunky and bushy blaze (baldface territory) and a beige muzzle. I also darkened the once flaxen mane.

His fur is done in pastels, his mane and tail is a combo of pastels and acrylics, and his stockings and blaze are acrylic. He has a clear matte finish. No jewels.

While/if there’s still PYO unicorns in the store, if anyone would like to commission for one, I’d love to do it, as I sure need more practice with realistic horse colors! I’m willing to negotiate price.

Err… this ended up being my third post, Nightcrow 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 373 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.