fbpx

Living (Where and why?)

Home Forums Miscellany Community Living (Where and why?)

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

*snicker, Edmonton Northern Alberta, LOL.

Lupin
    Participant

ruffian wrote:

Well they do classify everything north of ohh I think Red Deer as Northern Alberta. πŸ˜€
      I’m just pissed that I moved from Labrador to escape this weather(Which is why there’s no chance in Hell of getting me to Fort Mac!!) & it’s here harassing me!!
      I don’t care if it’s just the odd week or 2 that this is the “Extreme Cold” in the winter & not the “Winter Heat Wave” I still Fecking hate it!!

If you really like cold & Snow Go to Labrador. Thank you I’ll only visit once in a while for the Dog Sledding & Maybe skidooing.

ruffian wrote:

I say I COME from Northern Alberta. I live in central Alberta. I think the classification is from the area code, where 780 becomes 403 (around Red Deer). But geographically, where I come from is close to the central line for Alberta, Edmonton is way south of it! LOL

I’m sure you know this ruffian, this is for those people who may or may not be in the know. πŸ™‚

Elena
      Participant

Yeah I know Edmonton is technically Central Alberta, but you’re still way north of me πŸ˜€
        Calgary is Southern, Red Deer is Central and Edmonton is Northern, Beyond that is the Arctic Tundra πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

foxfeather wrote:

Yeah I know Edmonton is technically Central Alberta, but you’re still way north of me πŸ˜€
        Calgary is Southern, Red Deer is Central and Edmonton is Northern, Beyond that is the Arctic Tundra πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

It’s funny because most of the people (and I mean most, I am the only albertan at my work place) are from NL and they like the winters here because they are dry :shrug: , and have less snow. I dunno they are the only ones I know, lol.

I just think it’s funny, but we drove through ‘northern ontario’ in september and that is only half way through the province as well, so it must be a Canada thing πŸ˜€ .

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.