fbpx

List of people available to make repairs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs List of people available to make repairs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Looking for the OLD thread? See it here: http://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/do-you-do-repair-work/
      It is time for a fresh one!

Repairs are something that Windstone cannot offer officially, however it might be nice to gather those that do repairs in one place so that anyone that wants a piece repaired may locate them.

This will in no way be ‘official’ and it must be stressed that any repair work or transaction between individuals is between those individuals only. If you are looking to get repair work done, consider researching and making sure the person you choose is the right one for the job.

So! If you do repairs, and want to make it known, please feel free to reply here! Please do not reply to this thread if you do not want to be on the list of ‘people that do repairs’! All off topic “chatter” will be deleted.

A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:

*Offering custom paint jobs on Windstones that are not sold as “Paint Your Own” is not allowed on our Official forums. These are considered “repaints”. Repaints are heavily discouraged, officially.

*Offering to replicate “official” paint jobs on a production piece that did not originally “wear” it is not allowed. Please remember that intentionally replicating an existing, official paint job on a different piece is a violation of Windstone’s legal rights. Example: repairing a “Peacock” dragon and re-painting it to look like a “Black Emerald Peacock” dragon. This can create confusion and misrepresentation about a piece’s value.

*Major modifications of Windstones is generally not allowed; if you are unsure, please ask John or Melody directly.

*Changing the eye or gem color on a production piece is generally not allowed; if you are unsure, please ask John or Melody directly. This can create confusion and misrepresentation about a piece’s value.

IMPORTANT LEGAL STUFF: The information below and services provided by individuals on this forum in no way reflects or are associated with Windstone Editions or it’s staff. Windstone claims no responsibility for the information or services posted by the users of the forum. Basically, remember that any problems you may have with a commissioner or client are that person one on one and Windstone isn’t involved or responsible. Thanks!!

FORM FOR PERSONS WILLING TO TAKE REPAIR JOBS:

Name:

Contact Info:
      (You should at least give an email address, but you can include: email, messengers, etc – please use private communication methods to share any personal info like your physical address!)

Repair Rates:
      (Indicate if: the price range if the price is dependent on the complexity of the color scheme, or if your rates are static, or if you only list your ‘base’ rate, etc. If you are uncomfortable setting a rate, specify “please contact for a quote”.)

List any repair experience:

Completion time estimates:

Type(s) of paint/materials used(e.g., acrylic, pastel, marshmallows, etc):

Shipping method (e.g., double boxed, UPS only, etc):

Shipping rates/insurance (Exact, or do you add a packing fee?):

Ships to (US, North America, Woldwide, etc):

Repair Artisan location
      (e.g. “California”, or “U.K.”for shipping purposes):

Do you take payment plans or have any “Terms of Service”:

*** Samples of work ***
      (PLEASE limit to 3 images! If you have additional samples, please use links only.)

Other comments:

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Name: Mandy (aka drag0nfeathers)

Contact Info: drag0nfeathersdesign(at)gmail(dot)com

Repair Rates:
        Most repairs range between $20 – $50+ depending on complexity/color/degree of damage/amount of time, but even so it is difficult to quote pricing without seeing what type of work will be involved so one on one quotes are almost always necessary. However if the work required creates a “total loss” for the piece in question (meaning the cost to fix it exceeds what it is worth) I will more than likely pass on the job to be honest. Not that I wouldn’t be willing to fox it, but most people don’t want to pay to fix something more then what it will cost to replace it. There have been exceptions to this for sentimental reasons, but I will however offer to sometimes buy very badly damaged pieces in these rare circumstances so I have things to practice on in my spare time.

List any repair experience: I have repaired Windstone Editions dragons, kirins, unicorns, flion, stone textured sculptures, pebble animals, flap cats… quite honestly probably nearly every sculpt within those criteria at one point or another. I have an extensive photobucket album I will link to.

Completion time estimates:
        Depends on my current workload. Most repairs have been between 2 weeks to 2 months, but that is discussed before hand so you know what to expect.

Type(s) of paint/materials used(e.g., acrylic, pastel, marshmallows, etc): Apoxie Sculpt and acrylic paints combined with some other “secret tools of the trade” I use to achieve the repairs I do. ^_^

Shipping method (e.g., double boxed, UPS only, etc):
        Double boxed ALWAYS. I can ship UPS or USPS. I loathe and despise Fed Ex and will only use them if requested specifically.

Shipping rates/insurance (Exact, or do you add a packing fee?): Whatever it costs for you to ship to me, that’s usually what it will be to ship back to you so be prepared to pay for that. I do not add a packing fee. HOWEVER, if you send your piece not double boxed, or poorly packed and I have to repack differently there my be a surcharge if it costs me more to ship the piece back to you to prevent the item from re-breaking.

Ships to (US, North America, Woldwide, etc):
        If you’re willing to pay the shipping I’ll ship anywhere you want.

Repair Artisan location (e.g. “California”, or “U.K.”for shipping purposes): Massachusetts

Do you take payment plans or have any “Terms of Service”: 50% deposit upon sending your piece to me and the other 50% is due upon you receiving completion photos of your fixed Windstone. Please be aware I will not ship the piece back until the other half is paid or cleared.

*** Samples of work ***

I will link my photo bucket as soon as I have a moment

Other comments:
        Unfortunately I cannot accept requests for repaints

As of right now I am CLOSED FOR REPAIRS. Please contact to be put into my waiting list for Fall 2016.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

CHRISTINA
        Participant

Jennifer, are you still closed for repairs? I have an old warrior that has a claw that needs repair. Christina

Linda
          Participant

CHRISTINA I use 96037 and she does a really great job. Just send she a PM and she will get back to you. Linda

CHRISTINA
            Participant

Thank you for the quick response, I truly appreciate it. Christina

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I actually can’t edit my old post anymore, but I am open for repair work if needed. ^_^ Also photobucket killed their website with their new fees, but I can say in all confidence (and I am not usually a boastful person) that I’m one of the best repair people around when it comes to Windstones!

6 crazy kitties = lots of practice!

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Rammstein45
                Participant

Are you still doing repairs?  I have 2 dragons from the 80’s that have gotten some chips, and dings over the years.

etruscan
                  Participant

If you are asking whether drag0nfeathers is still doing repairs, yes she is.  You could send a message to her (click on her name which will take you to a page with a “Private Message” link), or you can post in her “Open for Repairs” thread:

https://windstoneeditions.com/topic/re-opening-for-small-jobs/

Rammstein45
                    Participant

Thank you!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Oh sorry! I haven’t checked this thread in a while. I have an active repair thread I check often. I got your PM and responded. ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                        Participant

Can anybody repair this??🤣🤣
                          About 9yrs of wear and tear.I just didn’t have the heart to chunk it so I used it as a work shirt until it started getting holes.I have to give it up now😆 One good thing,damn good tees.

IMG_20191119_090112

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
                          Participant

Assuming that is the Rainforest Lap, it looks like the T-shirt is still available – https://www.cafepress.com/windstonestuff.205975833

Bodine
                            Participant

Hahaha thanks,it is.A Grail dragon of mine.😍
                              Pretty cool,my cart is saved in email for me.Now,what to do….

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Cynthia Napolitano
                              Participant

Mandy,

Are you still doing repairs? I have a 1986 Male Dragon in Peacock that needs his ‘crown’ fixed. Please let me know!

rachelspromise@bellsouth.net

Thank you! CynLee

Cynthia Napolitano
                                Participant

Looking for someone who is experienced in repairing the 1980’s peacock dragons. …also have a Griffin that needs a little help. Please contact me. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.