Lichen dragon and Autumn griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Lichen dragon and Autumn griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

I love them both. They are just gorgeous. Are you selling them?

ditto what everyone else has said!! EXCELLENT job blending on the griffin! Those aren;t easy colors to work with and you did it like a master!

I love the dragon! You can really see where the inspiration comes from. It’s such a complex pattern. I could never muster the patience required for that even if I had the skills.

Hi! Are either of these 2 for sale?

*Drops dead at the sight of that griffin* Oh he is simply beautiful!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Skigod377
      Participant

That dragon is really cool, and I agree… I like the neck feathers on the griffin, too. Very nice.

Andrea
        Participant

That dragon is way cool!
          Love the colors and patterns!

Heather
          Participant

I am so glad that people like these! πŸ˜€ I had a lot of fun painting them (mostly πŸ˜† ) but you know how it is, you spend so much time staring at something that you start questioning colors and patterns.

I am honored that there are queries regarding sale (wow 😯 πŸ˜€ ). I’m not quite ready to start selling because I’m still learning how to paint and each piece is like a notebook: what worked, what didn’t. But I have another PYO started and plans for a few more. I do hope to produce pieces for sale! πŸ™‚

I want to thank everyone very much for their feedback. Knowing what has appealed to you is really helpful! And likewise if there are “oh ick” aspects, that’s worth knowing too. I’m still experimenting. πŸ™‚

Kasie
            Participant

The griff is beautiful!

I especially love the dragon, with its contrast of complementary colors (red-green)! πŸ˜›

I’m still drooling over that Griffin… 😯 I’d have to say for all those bright colors, I do love him!!! And, I’m a purple green and black kinda girl… πŸ˜†

Heather
              Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I’m still drooling over that Griffin… 😯 I’d have to say for all those bright colors, I do love him!!! And, I’m a purple green and black kinda girl… πŸ˜†

I’m curious to know what appeals, WSC: patterning? Color combination? I plan to paint more griffins and am trying to work out some plans for them (for some reason, I find dragons easier to develop ideas for). I would love to know if there’s something in particular about this fellow that worked well for you. πŸ™‚ It’ll help me develop the next design.

WolfenMachine
                Participant

They are both beautiful! And I too would probably be making you an offer on one of them if they were for sale πŸ™‚ I like the lighter colored accents around the dragon’s face-it makes him look like one of those creatures that lives on the bottom of the ocean that has the flourescent/glowing bits on them πŸ™‚ I love the combination of orange, yellow and purples on the griffin too. Keep looking at fall leaves!

Heather
                  Participant

Thanks for the feedback, Wolfen!

I love the colors together. I don’t know what it is about him, but he just makes me want to do grabby fingers at the pc screen. 😳
                    I think its a combo of the the colors themselves, I don’t care for yellow too much, but its a bright enough yellow it appeals to me. The way the colors are opposites eachother and yet blended together also appeals to me.
                    Just in whole I really do love this Griff’s patterns. The neck feathers appeal to me, and a while back, I had done a Griff with similar feather banding on the neck. I fell in love with him, so I was glad no one really eye-popped on him. (He’s in my gallery) I think the wings are very good too. Did you dry-brush?
                    LOL πŸ˜† I guess what I am trying to say is your Griff gives me some very good vibes. He is like a big sunny smile!!! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.