fbpx

Lichen dragon and Autumn griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Lichen dragon and Autumn griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

This little guy was inspired by the wonderful lichens that grow on the granite boulders around my hometown.

And this is what happens when I look at too many fall leaves! πŸ˜†

Heather
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

😯 Boy that’s a lot of color. I like them though.

BDW
          Participant

Holy crap! That looks like alot of work! Wow!

I have to say that griffin looks amazing. πŸ™‚ I definitely see the autumn leaf inspiration..

Heather
            Participant

The griffin was fun, although he sure had his moments! πŸ˜† Every autumn I get a “gaudy color craze”; he got caught in the middle of it, poor guy.

Adaneth
              Participant

Nice work on both of them–I like the neck feathers on that griffin! πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

they look SOOO much better in person!!!!!!

I am inlove with that griffin!!! I wanted to put him in my car and just drive off when i saw him! he is soooo gorgiouse!

and that dragons looks so much better in person, the photo botched the gun metal and the orange XD

Heather
                  Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

I am inlove with that griffin!!! I wanted to put him in my car and just drive off when i saw him! he is soooo gorgiouse!

and that dragons looks so much better in person, the photo botched the gun metal and the orange XD

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† As I fling myself at the rear bumper–“WAAAIIT!”–trip over the cat, and get a foot tangled in the patio chair. All the bikers stop and stare. πŸ˜‰

Yeah, the dragon’s photos are a little off. The camera doesn’t like my color choice! πŸ˜†

You did great jobs on both of them! The griffin is very pretty!!

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Purplecat
                    Participant

My mouth actually fell open at those awesome neck and shoulder feathers on your griffin!!! wow… πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

dragonmedley
                      Participant

They’re both very striking.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† As I fling myself at the rear bumper–“WAAAIIT!”–trip over the cat, and get a foot tangled in the patio chair. All the bikers stop and stare. πŸ˜‰

Yeah, the dragon’s photos are a little off. The camera doesn’t like my color choice! πŸ˜†

your griff is such a heart throb!
                          LOL. that would have been funny………
                          *plots*

Tiffany
                          Participant

wow! 😯 both of these are REALLY excellent!! you can really feel the love, time and care you put into these guys with your clean detail. you chose some pretty complex and unusual color schemes and pulled them both off beautifully! i can’t decide which one i like more. i love the copper tones on the dragon and how you antiqued it so perfectly, and yet the griffins’ neck feathers.. well..dear god! i have NO patience for the griffins, so that is just out of sight to me! great fur antiquing, fab clean colors, super everything!
                            thank you so much for posting these, they are really great and really refreshing to see paint jobs executed so well and in super a different style! πŸ˜€

Maria
                            Participant

I love that griffin, Barrdwing. It’s neat on the dragon, too, the way you didn’t follow any symmetrical pattern.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.