fbpx

Leaving the nest – chalet pics pg. 6

Home Forums Miscellany Community Leaving the nest – chalet pics pg. 6

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Lovely!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

machineguts
      Participant

Sooo pretty!

lamortefille
        Participant

Cool about the bikes and Wow! your home looks so lovely! Love the skins on the wall. 😀

Jasmine
          Participant

Love the chairs!!

Maria
            Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Cool about the bikes and Wow! your home looks so lovely! Love the skins on the wall. 😀

Thanks! The wall décor is still temporary; the pelts will get moved quite a bit as more artwork comes in, I think. I’ve got a springbok hide (no head) up in a corner, stuck up with double-sided tape. Unfortunately, it doesn’t really hold. I don’t want to pount nails through it; any ideas?

dragonmedley
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Thanks! The wall décor is still temporary; the pelts will get moved quite a bit as more artwork comes in, I think. I’ve got a springbok hide (no head) up in a corner, stuck up with double-sided tape. Unfortunately, it doesn’t really hold. I don’t want to pount nails through it; any ideas?

That’s how we hold up the kangooroo pelt on our wall. If it gets moved, I just make sure to use the same holes, so it doesn’t become riddled with holes.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

lamortefille
                Participant

My husband pounds nails through everything, so I’m afraid I’m no help there. lol

Maria
                  Participant

😆 I do have nails in the walls; that’s not such a problem, but the skin is nicely tanned and complete, and I don’t really want to put holes in it. Maybe the tape will stick better when it warms up.

Skigod377
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

😆 I do have nails in the walls; that’s not such a problem, but the skin is nicely tanned and complete, and I don’t really want to put holes in it. Maybe the tape will stick better when it warms up.

Use quilt clips or quilt hangers. They have many different kinds and they would probably work fine. 🙂

Maria
                      Participant

Ah, thanks for the tip! Gotta see if I can find some.

siberakh1
                        Participant

You could always make a frame for the backside with some small diameter dowels (the frame would hang) and attach the hide with fishing line (thin, hard to see and very strong).

Maria
                          Participant

That’s a great idea, siberakh! I’ll keep that in mind for other hard-to-hang skins too.

Apari
                            Participant

Congratz on your awesome place! 🙂 I will be getting ready to get out on my own sometime next year (Gotta save for a down payment) but until then, I’m mooching off of my wonderful parents.
                              Doubt my view will be that beautiful since I live in the middle of Oklahoma… It’s pretty flat here. hehe.
                              The only mountains I really see are in February when I do my yearly snowboard trip to the Colorado Rockies. Are there ski resorts close to where you live?

Gongrats again! 😀

Maria
                              Participant

Well, if you define “close” by American standards, yes. 😆 Davos, St. Moritz and all the slopes of Gaubünden are just an hour away. The Schwägalp and Säntis area aren’t laid out for snowsports much; more for hiking and some cross-country skiing. But that’s fine with me as I abandoned my snowboard years ago.
                                That’s cool that you’ll be moving too! Do you already have a particular place in mind, or some criteria for what you want?

Apari
                                Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

That’s cool that you’ll be moving too! Do you already have a particular place in mind, or some criteria for what you want?

I’m mainly just looking and getting an idea of what I can get for the money, I do have a couple in mind if they stay on the market until next year.
                                  I’m already buying things to decorate my room, and that will match my Dragon. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 211 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.