fbpx

Lavander Blue……

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Lavander Blue……

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Congratulations, Hoofer. Lucky you!

. . . . . WHINNY!!

Understandably, I know some of you are as disappointed as I was surprised by this, especially the, ‘Super Purple Lovers.’

If it helps, I’m a closet purple lover myself. πŸ˜‰

Lavender also happens to be one of my favorite scents. I love it so much that I would bathe in it if I could, oh wait, I can and I do! πŸ˜› (something has to help cover all the critter smells) πŸ˜‰ Not to mention all the Lavender incense this fella is going to be exposed to. Better that than cigarette smoke. πŸ˜†

I’ll tell you what, if I find that for some reason Senior Lavender Azul needs to find a new home, I’ll make sure to offer him here to the Windstone Addicts … Uh, I mean Fanatics first. Deal?

In the mean time, I’m going to lick him when he gets here to see if he really does taste like chalk, as Jennifer suggested in the Gallery. 😯 Ok, not really but, you never know with me. πŸ˜†

Thank you again Ms. Melody, this is such a super thing you do for us.

~A verra happy and suprised Hoofer

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

I will admit I’m a little jealous, but you were meant to win him πŸ˜‰ . Congrats again Hoofer πŸ˜€ !

Maria
        Participant

You sure are lucky, Hoofer. Can we see some natural lighting pics when you get him?

Jodi
          Participant

Congrats, Hoofer! He’s such a beauty.

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Yes! I want to see pics to, as soon as you get him of course πŸ˜‰ .

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

Congrats again, Hoofer! πŸ˜€

siberakh1
                Participant

Congrats Hoofer!

Just remember: If you lick too much, you might take his paint off. πŸ˜†

Greater Basilisk wrote:

You sure are lucky, Hoofer. Can we see some natural lighting pics when you get him?

I’ll gladly do my best. I’ve already done some test shots of Windstones with my (starter) digi-camera and sadly have determined that it is a really crappy camera. Though it can pick up the color very well, I found it was very hard to focus in on any details for anything, even the dapples on my real horse.

It’s not me or my eye, oh no!

So I’m very open to suggestions for an affordable digi-camera to replace this one with.

By the way, I keep meaning to mention that I have throughout the house the new mercury gas lightbulbs (which are supposed to be so much better mercury gas eh hem) but I noticed that the spectrum of white light that they are really, REALLY makes the colors of Windstones just POP :shock:, when compared to the softness of the normal yellow lighting.

As an aside, I also learned that the noseeums (very tiny red bugs that eat you as much as they eat everything else they land on) LOVE that spectrum of light and will flock to ANY white light turned on outside. Eeeeeeee! Moths don’t hold a candle to these bugs. pun intended 😎

If anyone else uses them, then you know what I mean. πŸ˜‰

siberakh1 wrote:

Congrats Hoofer!

πŸ˜†

I’d have the most awesome purple tongue !!

OMGawds!

I just realized that he’s the flying Purple People Eater and he’s commin’ atcha!

Rawr!!

Except this fella has two eyes and two horns. πŸ˜€

~Hoofer, not that old, really. πŸ˜‰

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Hey, well, you know me and monotone! (“That’s right!” says my collection of Whites and Emeralds!)

I LOVE the lavender-blue, and hope for more! (Or close variations of it!)

Melody wrote:

This Lavender blue dragon is nice but he has the monotone problem = a little too much of one color I think, but he is a test paint after all, so whether you like him or not is what I am testing

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
                    Participant

… Ooooh! Straw or pale-yellow eyes would be BRILLIANT! ::votes::

purplecat wrote:

I think breaking up the monochromatic look with a different eye color would work really well. Perhaps straw colored eyes. πŸ™‚ I love him though. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Mercury gas lights?? Mercury likes to be a liquid at our temperatures/pressures. Or is it a gas that has mercury in it, but isn’t necessarily elemental mercury? I think there’s a popular scent that contains mercury ions but they don’t dissociate in the body so safe.

Stupid interest in Chemistry kicking in…

Dragon87 wrote:

Mercury gas lights?? Mercury likes to be a liquid at our temperatures/pressures. Or is it a gas that has mercury in it, but isn’t necessarily elemental mercury? I think there’s a popular scent that contains mercury ions but they don’t dissociate in the body so safe.

Stupid interest in Chemistry kicking in…

There possibly is a popular scent that contains mercury ions? That has to be about as brilliant as MSG in foods as a flavor enhancer, preservative. πŸ˜•

I won’t pretend to know how the mercury works. It sounds like it is a gas that has mercury in it. What they are, the bulbs, are a Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) that the manufacturer states are “super low mercury CFL’s.”

The benefits are, they use less electricity, a 13 Watt CFL sufficiently replaces a normal 60 Watt filament bulb. They put out barely any heat while in use and will last much longer than your standard filament bulb.

The downsides are, they are a very bright, white light spectrum (say that 10 times real fast :wink:), which is your typical spectrum of light for a flourescent bulb of any design, but these are more white than I have ever dealt with. So it does take some getting used to for the eyes, since everything looks so different in the house.

Also, still looks ghastly in this spectrum of white. Then there’s the nuisance bugs that swarm to the white spectrum if I use it outside in a portable form. Add to that, I have no idea how to recycle them. This area is not very big on being environmentally aware/friendly, which is a tangent left for another day. 😎

~Hoofer

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Hoofer wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

Congrats Hoofer!

πŸ˜†

I’d have the most awesome purple tongue !!

OMGawds!

I just realized that he’s the flying Purple People Eater and he’s commin’ atcha!

Rawr!!

Except this fella has two eyes and two horns. πŸ˜€

~Hoofer, not that old, really. πŸ˜‰

How ’bout a blue tongue, like this one? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Congrats, Hoofer!!! I’d lurv to see pix once you get him home πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.