fbpx

KoiPYO's Batch6: Poison Dart Dragon pg.15

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone KoiPYO's Batch6: Poison Dart Dragon pg.15

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

Wow, Thanks every one! Yeah, I have to say the brown do look real nice. Those are the light brown eyes, which I like a lot.

hahaha! Thanks bayoudragon :D, I am glad he turned out good.

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Oh no! I love your poision dart frog dragon, but I’m embarrassed to say I to have a blue poision dart frog dragon in the works – even with brown eyes :oops:.
        I have to agree that the brown eyes work best for your guy. There’s something about blues and browns together that I love. BTW, If it’s the same species of frog, the South American Indian name for him is ‘okopipi‘ πŸ˜€ .

Bodine
        Participant

Very COOL!

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Kelly
          Participant

Great job on him. The brown eyes work great. πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

purpleturtle wrote:

Oh no! I love your poision dart frog dragon, but I’m embarrassed to say I to have a blue poision dart frog dragon in the works – even with brown eyes :oops:.
              I have to agree that the brown eyes work best for your guy. There’s something about blues and browns together that I love. BTW, If it’s the same species of frog, the South American Indian name for him is ‘okopipi‘ πŸ˜€ .

No worries! How you and I paint are very different and Darg Frogs are not copyrighted. How far is yours? I can’t wait to see how it turns out. Some of the other species look tasty to try out too.

He actualy turned out that I was working with two colors the person really likes but with my idea of markings. It was not till after that I realized he looked a lot like one of the poison dart frogies. I think this species is closes as in real life, the dragon is more Teal than Blue. Dendrobates auratus I had no idea these little fella’s had brown eyes!

Hannah
              Participant

Oh Koishii, he’s beautiful! I love his wings, the striping is subtle and gorgeous! And I agree – the brown eyes work well, it makes him look dough-eyed and cute πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

I’m not very far in my progress with my guy, but I can say he’s going to be more blue and violet when he’s done. He may not be done for some time either, I tend start a lot of PYOs, but then abandon them for a while for other projects 😳 . The frog I was inspired by looks like this πŸ˜€ …
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dendrobates_azureus_rect.jpg
                  I had painted a unicorn awhile ago like that. I just love poison dart frogs. The small PYO is a perfect canvas for depicting the little poisonous buggers, in my opinion. I’d love to paint a whole dragon tribe in all of the different species πŸ˜€ .

KoishiiKitty wrote:

purpleturtle wrote:

No worries! How you and I paint are very different and Darg Frogs are not copyrighted. How far is yours? I can’t wait to see how it turns out. Some of the other species look tasty to try out too.

He actualy turned out that I was working with two colors the person really likes but with my idea of markings. It was not till after that I realized he looked a lot like one of the poison dart frogies. I think this species is closes as in real life, the dragon is more Teal than Blue. Dendrobates auratus I had no idea these little fella’s had brown eyes!

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

My first ‘real’ Tiger griffin. Wampas Dragon wanted a blue jay white tiger and I was really excited to take this on. He is not quite done yet, but what do you guys think?

Hannah
                    Participant

Wow, very nice Koishii!! He looks seriously awesome! I love how you’ve started to blend together the tiger half with the bluejay half.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Adaneth
                      Participant

Love it! πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

the tiger stripes are very knew to me, my stripes are actualy more jagged and un-even, so I did have to redo the stripes on him, but I am really happy with them now and figured out what i need to do to paint them.

Kujacker
                          Participant

I love how soft that blue looks. Are the wings going to be full black, or the same blue?

That spectral… is he a repaint?

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

The wings are staying black to grey, that is the blue jay color for the inside of the wing (minus the white banding). But the back of the wings has the bright blue and blue banding.

Yeah he is, I bought him off some one else on the forum. πŸ™‚ They used a black metalic car paint on him.

bayoudragon
                              Participant

The transition between the colors is fantabulous! He’s gonna be a knock-out when you’re done! πŸ™‚

I actually like the striping as is.

Kujacker
                                Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Yeah he is, I bought him off some one else on the forum. πŸ™‚ They used a black metalic car paint on him.

Oo. Do you have any photos of him?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 250 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.