fbpx

Katie Boo – RIP 1994-2008

Home Forums Miscellany Community Katie Boo – RIP 1994-2008

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 177 total)
  • Author

I know the feeling about being worried about Katie while you’re gone. We went through that with Turbo, although we were lucky it didn’t happen while we were gone. πŸ™

Does she like the baby food? Maybe you can soften the kibble with the baby food enough that it won’t hurt her.
    How about people tuna? If she likes that, maybe soften her kibble with the juice from a can of tuna?
    Maybe the vet needs to play with the dosage for the stuff to squirt in her mouth?

Stephanie
    Participant

Awww, I hope that everything turns out well. ((hugs))

Jodi
      Participant

Well, the hubby never made it to the store today to pick up baby food, but he made himself a turkey sandwich. He cut up some of the turkey lunch meat and put it in a bowl for her, and she ate some of it. When I came home, I put the bowl out again (she was sitting at my feet, looking at me), and she ate some more. So, maybe some lean lunch meat will work. πŸ˜€

emerald212 wrote:

Well, the hubby never made it to the store today to pick up baby food, but he made himself a turkey sandwich. He cut up some of the turkey lunch meat and put it in a bowl for her, and she ate some of it. When I came home, I put the bowl out again (she was sitting at my feet, looking at me), and she ate some more. So, maybe some lean lunch meat will work. πŸ˜€

Well at least she’s eating! I think my parents just gave Sugar (the one that had the tumor back in the day) mushed up canned food and she ate that.

Jodi
        Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Well at least she’s eating! I think my parents just gave Sugar (the one that had the tumor back in the day) mushed up canned food and she ate that.

Yeah, unfortunately, like I said earlier, she won’t eat canned food. But she’s eating crunchy food and the turkey.

Amanda
          Participant

If she likes the crunchy maybe you could replace her normal with a kitten variety. Kitten kibbles are higher in calories so maybe that would help her put on some weight.

Eleu wrote:

If she likes the crunchy maybe you could replace her normal with a kitten variety. Kitten kibbles are higher in calories so maybe that would help her put on some weight.

That too, but Eleu beat me too it.. I thought of it when you replied she was eating crunchy food. That’s what they did for emaciated cats at the SPCA anyway.

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Aw, Em, I’m sorry πŸ˜₯ I wish I lived closer to you ’cause I wouldn’t mind looking after Katie while you were at convention. The kitten kibble is a good idea (I got beat to the punch, too) and glad to hear she’s at least eating something. Hang in there give her loves from me and the boys and kitty kisses from Pixel and Loki and the same only bigger for you!

tdm

Starbreeze
              Participant

I hope she feels better soon. πŸ™

lamortefille
                Participant

Lots of good thoughts for you and Katie Boo!

Jodi
                  Participant

I now have two people that are going to stop by when we are gone and check on the cats. One of them used to be a vet assistant. I feel a lot better now.

Katie is doing ok. She is sleeping a lot. She eats a little. I still haven’t heard back from the vet’s office regarding the results of her blood tests yet.

Katherine
                    Participant

I really hope it comes back with some good results! *crosses fingers!*

Jodi
                      Participant

The hubby got Katie some kitten food and she’s eating it. So that’s good. And she’s eating turkey lunchmeat still too. She sleeps an awful lot though.

emerald212 wrote:

The hubby got Katie some kitten food and she’s eating it. So that’s good. And she’s eating turkey lunch meat still too. She sleeps an awful lot though.

Hopefully she is putting her energy into healing rather than moving around. I hope she continues to improve.

BDW
                        Participant

πŸ™ I’m sorry your baby is not well emeral.
                          Mine was the same skin and bones, she wouln’t eat her dry food and never liked the canned food.
                          So I had to cut up real fine some real chicken.
                          And eventualy put it through the blender with a little broth or water to make it easier.
                          Proccess cold meat are not good for a cat and should give it to her to much.
                          I do realise that it’s easier for her to eat it since it’s soft.
                          Sardines can be good to if you give her a little bit every day or give her some twice a week.
                          That is what the vet had recommended me.

I do hope she gets better.

πŸ™ I’m sorry to say this but you know that if she doesn’t get better eventualy you might have to make a decision.
                          She could be hurting.
                          I’m not saying this to discourage you but sometimes we need to get back to reality.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 177 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.