fbpx

Katie Boo – RIP 1994-2008

Home Forums Miscellany Community Katie Boo – RIP 1994-2008

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Jodi
      Participant

I mentioned this on another thread, but I thought I should let you all know. My sweetest love ever, Katie (it’s a cat, if you don’t know) has lost more weight. She is literally skin and bones now (5.5 lbs). She had an infected tooth removed in February and seemed to be doing better, but she’s still losing weight. When she had the pre-surgery blood test, her kidneys were slightly abnormal. They thought it was due to age (she’s 14-15, unsure of the exact age). I brought her back in yesterday and they drew more blood to check it again and also her thyroid and some other things. I will probably find out the beginning of next week.

I’m worried about losing her. I’ve never had a cat that bonded so closely with me, and was so affectionate. I know she’s old, and it will happen eventually, but I don’t know if I’m ever going to be ready to lose her.

She seems to be in good spirits today, but I had to leave for work. The hubby said he’d watch her, and would try to get some chicken baby food for her (without onions or garlic). The vet thought she might eat it. We need to try something to get some weight on her. I can also try cottage cheese, she said.

I’ll let you know.

Katherine
        Participant

Oh no! I hope she’ll be okay! Afterall, I have to root and pray for a kitty with my name, right? πŸ˜€

frozendragon
          Participant

Awww… poor kittie.. πŸ™

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

I hope you get some good news.

Bob

I hope all goes well

dragonmedley
                Participant

Hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Poor baby! There is a supplement out there for cats called Vitacal or Nutracal, I believe. It’s in a tube like the hairball stuff. My guys won’t eat it, but maybe it’s worth a try? The other thing our vet suggested is butter; it’s loaded with fat and they do seem to love it. Just be careful if she’ll eat it that you don’t give too much–it’s dairy, and a lot of cats are dairy intolerant.
                  But I’ve not had a cat yet that doesn’t try to raid the butter dish when my back is turned to put other things away. πŸ˜‰

Sending positive thoughts from NJ for Katie! {{hugs for her and you}}

I hope it all goes well… I’ve been there and done that (sort of – mine had a tumor, and was more attached to my mom than me), and I can say that it sucks. πŸ™

Hopefully you can get her to gain more weight and live longer. I’m rooting for you and Katie Boo! *hugs*

darjeb
                  Participant

My cares and prayers are with Katie Boo I hope she gets OK fast.

Poor Katie Boo. I hope she starts improving soon. Our pets are family too ~Hugs~

Amanda
                    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about Katie Boo, she’s in my prayers. *hugs*

Jodi
                      Participant

Thanks for all the good thoughts. It’s hard with her because she won’t eat canned cat food. She only likes the hard stuff, but she can’t chew it. We’ve tried grinding it up and mixing some water into it, but she only eats that occassionally. The vet gave me some pain medicine to squirt in her cheek to see if she can chew better, but it just knocks her out, and she doesn’t eat at all when she’s sleeping. πŸ˜• Go figure. πŸ™‚

The worst part is that we have to go to Indiana for a convention mid-August, and we have a girl coming in once a day to check on everything, scoop the cat boxes, bring the mail in, and feed the fish. I don’t know if she’d be up to mixing up a special food for Katie every day. I may have to pay her more, then hope she does it. And then I’m worried that Katie will pass while I’m gone, and I won’t be there to be with her then.

I will just have to take everything one day at a time, I guess. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you, too.

Jasmine
                          Participant

Hugs to you and Katie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 177 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.